News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Flens

Started by brads3, May 08, 2018, 10:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Nice picture with the apiaries. It reminds me I haven't built RK apiary in a long time. I think I'll build one in my current town.

Also could you include education percentage with these yearly reports? It still amazes me how you can support the town with all those uneducated nomads. I wouldn't dare trying to play this way. You're a braver man than me...and crazier. ;D
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

i do reports with info menu's every 10 yrs and usually an inventory every 5. would you like the educatation on each day that i write? sometimes they are more than a year.
       lots has been testing different things to see what will work. i have RK,CC,and NORTH rolled into 1 game. it has the nat div and pine mods and several KIDD mods added. TOM changed the education needs for the NORTH,however i am finding that is not helping my game. education becomes a problem the more you get very low. as long as you make clothing ,firewood,and tools ahead, you don't see much issues except for food production. some food areas are more affected than others and some seeds are also. this map is set to fair and the climate difference has made the education affects more noticeable.
     i did the 20 yr review today. there is some explanations as to what led to food shortages.all in all i recovered and only lost 2 bannies.the nomads coming every year aren't educated. in trying to hold the population growth down with smaller houses the eduation did fall more too.the town didn't graduate enough students to overcome the drop from nomads.i don't normally like the education so low. it was a good test to see if the NORTH was helping it thou.

there is a school,now 2 out there.there is 2 different apiaries as well. 1 is the RK ,other is KIDDS farm addon mod.the bees will have flowers to pollinate someday.

brads3

YEAR 17-18

only 6 nomads stop to visit.we need to get our food up and add more houses.our construction is still behind while we catch up stone.the rasberry fields will need a year to get growing.
       i realized we had a situation at the tiny trader.by storing maple sap,he was out of space.the seed traders don't take the sap.we will need to move the sap out and stock lumber to trade.then add a food trader to swap the sap for grain.
       the food situation has 2 problems. the summers are getting to 60 degrees but not much warmer. then snow comes in september.with all the nomads,our education level is down. the north system isn't helping as well as i had hoped.we lose 40-60% of the crops.we double the hunters at the south hunting cabin.

to help our gatherers,we need to get more stone out of the forests. this means we need to open storage space.we increase the turpentine and leather coats and send iron ore to the farm trader and send logs to the tiny food trader.this should open some space.during the winter we will construct the thatch and fodder huts to use more materials.hopefully by spring, we have space to start hauling rocks.
      finally,a food merchant stops in the spring. even though he won't take the maple sap, he takes 285 logs and gives us almost all the food he has. we will need to find a better way to store the sap.we also trade lumber at the tiny general trader for tomato seeds.
      since the farm trader has the most room,we will us it to store extra maple sap as well as iron ore.the merchants bring deer and horses but seldom any seeds.we leave it stocked with leather coats but transfer the turpentine to the general trader.to buy seeds,the general trader will be stocked with fur coats.the tiny food trader can ship logs and any extra supplies.this way we keep the sap out of our barns and continue to move goods.

to help our education, a school will be built closer to the farms.a granny walnut park will be built with it.the workers are already moving iron ore and stone from the KIDD forest.
       the rasberries do gow faster in the cooler climate.we harvest 1 of the 3 orchards at 75% in june.we also have had better weather,an early spring and a later winter.sugarbeets are over 500 each,vegetables average 500 each,rasberries fields are averaging at 500 each.a field of veggys in the north and a sugarbeet field are swapped to tomatoes for next year.we show a +2000 in food before taking another 1350 in trade.there is still 1800 veggys to sort even.
    we only lost 2 bannies to starvation.finally we have over 4800 food in reserve mid way through winter.we can  build the chicken pasture and more houses. we are back to 5 laborers and 1 builder.

pic 1: rasberry orchard
pic 2: tiny food trader,general trader,and RK farm trader
pic 3: rowhouse fishing pier,
pic 4:tiny school

RedKetchup

is " RK farm trader " still working ok ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

seems to be working yes. the livestock merchant comes more often than the seed trader. he brings deer and horses more so than other livestock. but is any of that due to your trade post or my setup? you made adjustments cause of the gem and jewelry boats. with the my precious and CC mods,it seems like i get more of them. like my game worked backwards from your intentions. what is not suppose to be working with the farm trader?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on May 15, 2018, 12:39:48 PM
seems to be working yes. the livestock merchant comes more often than the seed trader. he brings deer and horses more so than other livestock. but is any of that due to your trade post or my setup? you made adjustments cause of the gem and jewelry boats. with the my precious and CC mods,it seems like i get more of them. like my game worked backwards from your intentions. what is not suppose to be working with the farm trader?

there is no %% for telling the mod i want this one more often than the other.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yep i just have bad luck.LOL i did get some seeds. the extra TP's have helped too.

brads3

YEAR 19

we continue adding houses and some storage.work begins on a market set west of the meadows.soon we will be able to open up more storage space.we only have 1 builder and 5 laborers so work is slow.
       the 8 nomads that arrive in june will be of help. they can begin to plant the meadows,as soon there will be storage for stones.we will expand by 2 fields south of the pine forests.to help,we trade 150 logs for 1350 food.
       once the fields are harvested,i increase the builders to 4 and send the laborers clearing rocks from the maple and pine forests.we trade for oat seed and smoked meat from the tiny general post for turpentine and some fur coats.2 fields will be planted with grain next spring.we will have a new orchard of grapes to plant also.

pic 1: thatch hut
pic 2 fodder hut
pic 3 market row with
pic 4: farm tiny school and granny walnut park

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

population 141,75 working adults in 34 houses with 32% educated.improved food reserves over 8000.we have a huge surplus of maple sap that needs boiled into syrup.we are also ahead on lumber.the bannies have worked hard to keep the pine boughs,resin, and flax from overstocking.there is a stockpile of textiles as well.we have plenty of pelt coats and trade fur and leather coats.

finally, we have recovered from the food shortages.there were many years of breaking even.this was partly caused by slow construction due to the distance past the forests and storage issues.the education level dropped with each nomad group.we also had bad weather late springs followed with early frost and snow.the summers are cooler causing slower growth as well.the bannies have had difficulties in removing rocks from forests areas as well.
       some of this was due to the map start having no seeds.without crops,we had to rely on forests to produce food.it made sence to fit them around the village, since it left space toward the river for trading and farms.there is lots of testing to see how these mods work with this mod order. the gatherers don't all work the same way.some don't collect pine or nat div food items.hence there is less production.i have adjusted and using different gatherers.that is ongoing.the pine vanilla gatherers did get a better variety. the Forest outpost nat div modded gatherer isn't doing as well as expected.he is in a more open area,since the hardwood forest needs iron to build.overall they aren't collecting as much onions as i have seen in games before.i do think they are missing less food items now.
       lately,i have tried to change which nomad catcher i am using.the mini townhall is a 1.06 mod.the upgraded townhalls are easier to read the production numbers. i did find the conflict that caused huge nomad groups.the nomad well brings nomads in may-june regardless of when you build it.i did try to time it so they would come just before spring.then they could clear and plant fields. then they would have less impact on the food reserves.by cmoing after planting season,you take a loss in food for the 1st year.by taking every group, it compounds the issue.the well is very consistent bringing nomads every year and always may-june.i have only seen skip a couple years in several tests,like 1 out of every 15-20 years.it is not bringing huge groups no longer.not every group is larger than the prior 1 either.it can bring alomst 15 and the next year be back under 10. i think the best way of using it is to take the  nomads for 10 years, then every other group after 10 years.
if i delay it at the beginning, it will slow the town down too far.but after a few groups,you need time to catch  up the construction and food.i may actually need to take 1 out of 3 groups. this would give time to build houses for graduates and maintain the education level better.

this crazy mod order takes time to understand and get used to.at times i feel as though the North has more affect than other times.odd as it may be,i sometimes think that in the same game.i can play today,save it,and load tomorrow and it seems as thou the weather or something is different.i know it isn't suppose to do that.there is ways to force the North to have more affects with the same mod order. if i set the north higher and reload the game and move it lower,it does change things.there is good and bad to this.each time you play it is like a different game.there is some inconsistancy to it.what i expect and what might happen changes with the wind so to speak.i do miss my notes from the comp crash.
        the education system of the North mod doesn't seem to work.with a fair climate, the education level does have a more extreme affect.at 30% or less it causes more losses.RED has lazy farmers. they move slower and harvest slower. they also stop and leave food unharvested. guess they dont like to work after a drop in temperature.they will stop and watch crops rot away.

none of that is complaints or requests. they are observations.this mod order is"play at your own risk".
much of it is figuring out what will and won't work and also what will work better. storage is a beast.there is gains.KIDD's storage forester will store stone and thatch.RED's forest storage does store a mixture of goods.
      2 issues i have here is the pine items are picky about where to store them. they store in the pine material shed only.so that gets filled.the maple sap which is in-edible is storing in the market among other places.however,when i tried to uswap it at the trade posts,the vendors didn't want to put it in the carts or barns close by.this is 1 of those "change with the wind or each gameplay" deals.at 1 time they did use a shed nearby, but then next time they refused to.it took half a year to reset the trading posts with them carrying back and forth from the village. i find it unusual for the market to store in-edible food. this is partly why i pushed the population up and scattered workers. the more laborers are scattered the more they will scatter items.this can work to your advantage in moving toolsfirewood,food types, and coats.in this case i wanted to see what would and wouldn't store where.

so yes there was some reasons for my madness.hopefully now i have the food shortage corrected and the storage problems solved for now.it will take time for 2 vendors to stock RED's markets.if the lumber and pine items will move,there should be more space.

i will take a minute with the limits.we haven't hit the log limit,even with 3 forests.we grow enough to use logs and firewood steadily.with the flax,textiles did have to be raised.by now they are being processed more.the leather depends on the farm trader who doesn't bring seeds often.the livestock merchant brings deer and horses each year.the clothing limit has been raised a few times to keep the fur tailor working.construction was doubled to allow the lumber cutter to move logs. the pine forest did hit the material limit as the turpentine filled the pile and slowed down.the tool count was raised to use more pine boughs.the in-edible maple sap follows no limit.

pic 1: yr 20 stats
pic 2 production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4:25yr food graph
pic 5: 10yr education graph
pic 6:population graph and forest gatherer outputs
pic 7:forest storage
pic 8: village storage
pic 9: yr 20 limits and 25yr citizen graph

Nilla

Lucky you recovered from that shortage. Why don't you put more than 1 gatherer in the huts? Even if you might not collect 2X as much food with two gatherers, it will be 1,8 times or something like that. And you'll get it "for free", don't have to build anything or use any extra space.

I would put (at least a part of) all that maple sap into the trading port. At least as long as you're not sure about the food supply situation. It's been some time since I played Necora´s mods but as I remember, it was extremely unprofitable to produce syrup, better to sell the stuff as it is and let the neighbor village boil the syrup. If you have a well working village with surplus, you can cook it, just for fun.

brads3

some of the gstherers don't use 2 workers and some the radius is too small for it. i did send lots of the sap to the trading posts.had to re-adjust what was in each a couple times to not overfill them.the merchants didn't want to take any.
      i ams till trying to get used to the storage. some items are very picky about where they will go. that overfills some barns. never saw RED's markets move the pine bough or resin. didn't have a merchant bring iron either.

this mod order won't work as well as i hope.TOM and RED have locks that work against each other.i do miss my notes. i spent time clearing registry and redoing the mod order.didn't gain much. can't use NORTH above RK,i get 1 terrain that isn't dark.the CC verdant plains is the only 1 that will work but it isn't as good a grass texture as RED's or TOM's.  there is give and take to what will work. i try to have the CC influence the game less and the North more.

this town did survive and overcome the food obstacles.once education drops below 30% it gets tuff to maintain food reserves. TOM's education system didn't work in this map.i moved the mini mod to find the nomad problem. that caused more food losses also.by redoing the registry and attempting the North above,it might impact the next.it is strange but there are days that i think the North affects climate more than other days in the same map.changes the growing season by 2 months at times.