Mod Request: Professions List generator/extractor (please read on)

Started by QueryEverything, April 29, 2017, 06:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

@QueryEverything I don't understand your last post but I don't mind to give you the whole list.  :)

100   laborer
200   builder
300   farmer
310   shepherd
311   herdsman
312   reindeerherder //not used in v5
320   hunter
321   trapper
330   fisherman
340   gatherer
350   herbalist
360   miller
400   forester
410   cutter
420   charburner
500   brickmaker
510   glassmaker //not used in v5
600   stonecutter
610   miner
620   smelter
630   toolmaker
700   tailor
800   brewer
810   barkeeper
900   vendor
910   trader
920   banker
930   teacher
940   doctor
950   priest

It's more or less following Lukes logic. First laborers and builders, then food producers starting with farmers and herders followed by hunters and gatherers. Then resource production starting with woodworking like my toolbar and at the end all guys from services.

The priority number is defined by the mod that adds the profession @Paeng. Translation mods just change the names in stringtables but cannot re-sort the list.

Discrepancy

Thanks @Tom Sawyer .

I am making the mod include all professions with the profession.rsc file.
So far i have tentatively sorted all the positions alphabetical from 1000 onwards with the int_sort priority.  So if your mod is loaded above it will keep all your professions together. Or if below it will rearrange them all.

Your doing a good job @QueryEverything . Are you also recording in your database what mods use which professions?

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy yup, also the current links to the downloads of the mods, the artists and if it needs 1.06; a column for each.
If a person downloads it and it's too much data, then they just need to copy & paste what they need onto a new sheet.
But once I've added Tom's in, draft 1.0 should be good, but will look like what I already added the other day, just cleaned up now I'm further into it. :)  Nearly done.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Ok, doing the semi-final checkoff for the evening with my spreadsheet, this won't be final, but it will have everything in this thread, up until now.

I have about an hour to go before I think I'm done with reading, so if anyone wants to add any more of their professions to this version of this list, please do so now.  (I won't add a countdown timer, but anytime in the next couple of hours, its my evening here now)

I will then add and update in a brand new thread with just the sheet and the screenshots and the list grows. 
Kinda like my very own Banished 1.07 Mod thread :D  *happiness

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 01, 2017, 09:48:07 PM
I like to add that I am working on my Production 2 set and have the glassworks building finished. :)

I will have one new profession coming up: glassworker but it will be the same as CC.

{ String _name = "ProfessionGlassworker";         String _text = "Glassworker"; }
{ String _name = "ProfessionGlassworkerTip";      String _text = "The Glassworker produces Glass and Glassware from Sand and Coal."; }
{ String _name = "ProfessionGlassworkerDeath";      String _text = "died from severe cuts from glass."; }

Hi @embx61 just updating your Glassworker and cross referenced with the CC list, and in game Professions UI, their Glassworker is now a Glassmaker #1900; it was Glassworker at one time, in @RedKetchup list that he posted, but what is there now in game is Glassmaker.
I don't mind if you want to keep it as Glassworker, but thought you'd want to know about the change. :D :D

embx61

@QueryEverything

I did not know they changed it. I will change my to a glassmaker as well.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 03, 2017, 08:14:00 AM
@QueryEverything

I did not know they changed it. I will change my to a glassmaker as well.

No problem @embx61 I only noticed it as I was finishing your list in the file. 

---------------------------------
In other news, draft one of the file is complete - it's not pretty, cos I'm not done tidying it up, shortening URLs and other such things.  It does however work, as a starter base.

For those that read the first release, you will notice there are quite a few more Professions listed this, we are currently up at 128 Profession names.

I have saved it in 'proposed' numerical order, I have made up this number order, but I wanted to show you some of how it would look like given the feedback received so far on how to order it.

To change the columns listing order, just click on the column header, there is an icon and tell it to sort - or if you're an advanced user, then you can do a complex sort from the sort menu.

I need to migrate @Tom Sawyer into it a bit better, there are duplicates, but it's because of the numerical ID's - I need to do a small change, but it is very late here and I need sleep, so for now, just mind merge his Prof IDs into the spreadsheet.

Modders:
If you see any of yours that I have labelled incorrectly, please let me know, I will update once I get back tomorrow.
Thank you to all of you who have participated in this - I hope that this list will make modding a little easier down the track.
Perhaps when you release a new mod, with a new profession, it becomes a habit that you include the new details in the 'read me' on the mod page, that way when I download it I can see straight away what the new details are and update the list.

@Paeng I promise the final version won't be as psychedelic as this, but I need to highlight things with questions, and get resolutions on them before clearing the formatting out.  :)

----------
Feedback from all is welcome, please leave your thoughts here, please let me know if I've forgotten something, please let me know if you want me to add some further information. 

Have a fab night, let the feedback begin :)

(Call out to:  @Bartender ; @despo_20 ; @Discrepancy ; @embx61 ; @kid1293 ; @kralyerg  / Black Liquid ; @Necora  ; @RedKetchup ; @tanypredator  ; @Tom Sawyer  )

embx61

Nice work @QueryEverything

Thank you for this.

It looks like all my profession are good.

And if I come up with new profession I sent the info first to Down Under :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

typo error: same typo as luke :

{   String _name = "ProfessionFarmeDeathr";      String _text = "died unexpectedly.";   }
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 03, 2017, 08:48:46 AM
Nice work @QueryEverything

Thank you for this.

It looks like all my profession are good.

And if I come up with new profession I sent the info first to Down Under :)

Thank you @embx61 :)  Glad it can help you.  :D

@RedKetchup I just copied & pasted, I noted the comment you made regarding @Necora 's Death Notices, and the typo there, I didn't correct it in my notes (I can do an amendment), but will that affect the code?
As long as there is no problem with the code itself, I can correct typos - so if anyone needs this for the future, then the code is correct.  :D

------
@Discrepancy you mentioned a few posts back about whether or not I would be including the mod names with the the profession names, easy done - but, only for NEW professions, or where they use CC as well, or ALL including Vanilla?
I can create a secondary database where I list everyones mod & profession in another table, and that can be used as a tool to see a class of professions etc.

And I guess for fixing code issues, down the track, it would be a good idea to have - but, again, with what data?  I'm happy to do ALL listed, possibly not Vanilla, as they are sort of 'given...  what are your thoughts, it's your request :D

-----
Feedback so far?  It's morning, i've had breakfast, the sun is on my feet, I feel like I can crunch some numbers on this today. :D

QueryEverything

Sorry - last question - does anyone have the sprites in black, or a dark colour?
The icon & sprites sheet the @embx61 shared are all white on transparent, which is fine, but not for what I need in excel. 
If not, that's cool, I will change them all over myself (maybe in excel, save some hours of precious time). 

tyia :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 03, 2017, 04:39:59 PM

@RedKetchup I just copied & pasted, I noted the comment you made regarding @Necora 's Death Notices, and the typo there, I didn't correct it in my notes (I can do an amendment), but will that affect the code?
As long as there is no problem with the code itself, I can correct typos - so if anyone needs this for the future, then the code is correct.  :D

when a farmer dies, in your log window the information is incomplete. the famer dies and you dont know why and of what he died (which is supposely died unexpectedly) thats a old vanilla bug since the very begining 1.00 version. Luke made the typo and never fixed it ^^
we, and CC too, we fixed it for him lol, but if you return back to vanilla no mods , you will see the bug.

the "death" should comes after the "farmer" : String _name = "ProfessionFarmerDeath"; and not ( String _name = "ProfessionFarmeDeathr"; )
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 03, 2017, 04:39:59 PM
Discrepancy you mentioned a few posts back about whether or not I would be including the mod names with the the profession names, easy done - but, only for NEW professions, or where they use CC as well, or ALL including Vanilla?
I can create a secondary database where I list everyones mod & profession in another table, and that can be used as a tool to see a class of professions etc.

And I guess for fixing code issues, down the track, it would be a good idea to have - but, again, with what data?  I'm happy to do ALL listed, possibly not Vanilla, as they are sort of 'given...  what are your thoughts, it's your request :D

Great work yet again @QueryEverything .

Yes just a simple table that lists the Profession name, and then next to it the mods that have it included.
So for example:

Weaver:Colonial Charter,DSSV: Production,
Worker:DS Jetty & Bridge,NMT,

only for the new professions, does not need to be done with vanilla professions.

This way once I have the mod compiled I can check with each of the mods to make sure the changes are happening.
I have been away from playing and keeping up to date with everyone's mods for so long I don't really know where half the professions are from.

Thanks.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 03, 2017, 05:41:50 PM
when a farmer dies, in your log window the information is incomplete. the famer dies and you dont know why and of what he died (which is supposely died unexpectedly) thats a old vanilla bug since the very begining 1.00 version. Luke made the typo and never fixed it ^^
we, and CC too, we fixed it for him lol, but if you return back to vanilla no mods , you will see the bug.

the "death" should comes after the "farmer" : String _name = "ProfessionFarmerDeath"; and not ( String _name = "ProfessionFarmeDeathr"; )

Okes, I will annotate the files @RedKetchup thank you.  Anything that shows 'Farme' I will change to 'Farmer' and remove the 'r' at the end of Death.  :D 
Thank you for explaining that to me :D  I had no idea, how cool is that, quirky & annoying, but still cool ;)
maybe we can create a way of attributing that somehow, a "nod" to Luke.

--  The Schoolteacher (name) passed away after the headmaster scolded her for missing her 'r'  --
Something cheeky like that??

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 03, 2017, 07:52:05 PM
Great work yet again @QueryEverything .

Yes just a simple table that lists the Profession name, and then next to it the mods that have it included.
So for example:

Weaver:Colonial Charter,DSSV: Production,
Worker:DS Jetty & Bridge,NMT,

only for the new professions, does not need to be done with vanilla professions.

This way once I have the mod compiled I can check with each of the mods to make sure the changes are happening.
I have been away from playing and keeping up to date with everyone's mods for so long I don't really know where half the professions are from.

Thanks.

Okes, will do.  Easy enough, I have a couple of ways I can handle that data separately from the Professions main table, as well, so it won't take too long to do.
Thanks for the idea @Discrepancy it was definitely something I had been thinking about doing :)

In other news ...
@RedKetchup has brought up with me that not all members have Excel, does anyone have experience with XML or with MySQL that can help me convert the final table through to another one in another language?  I'm prepared to do all the ground work, and can then learn to update the secondary file, just starting it is the problem for me.  Any tips would be greatly received.
Also looking for a sidekick who knows Pivot Tables.  :)

I am looking into uploading the table to Google docs, in the Google spreadsheet, so wish me luck :D 

Discrepancy

I don't have excel either, but I open it fine in the free open-source Apache OpenOffice.