News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I was wondering if it were possible, without too much trouble, to add a new start terrain somewhere between Plains with Lake and Mountain Lakes? Something a little less mountainous, or maybe a Plains with Lake and a few mountains.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

i would check mod order and the possablity that a different mod is conflicting with the 2 also. i had a problem with pastures recently that did end up being a 3rd mod that didn't like a new 1 so it conflicted with 2. although my mod list had been stable before and none fought that hard with each other.the mod i found to be the problem had nothing to do with pastures,or so i thought. it was just a few code lines  for placing milk or milk icons.

HAWK,i would like to see a super huge map that had multiple terrains. so far i don't think it is possable. there were attempts at making larger maps but they always had problems. CC has the largest map that does still finction. it would be nice if we had a SC4 style map. where we can build in different grids and the villages would interact some.
    starting game codes are somewhat bizarre. some mods that i place in the top of my mod order don't completely overpower all mods below it. and when i tried CC+NMT+THE NORTH and shuffled the order a few times, the game would do what it wanted. what you would think would load from the various mods based on the order would not be what the game did. the rule that the top mod loads 1st and then the next adds to it is a general guide more than a rule.

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on February 11, 2017, 09:12:36 AM
HAWK,i would like to see a super huge map that had multiple terrains.

On my antiquated rig I doubt a super huge map would run well.  :( I'd just like a large map with a plains and some mountains. The Mountain Lakes DS has now has so many mountains a large map is necessary just for a small community. Even then it's a bit tough, although not impossible. At least the ones I've loaded.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

It just dawned on me that I can still use the default Mountain terrain start for what I want. No need for DS to add another terrain start option. DUH!  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

You can build larger settlements also on a medium DS MountainLake map if you use the area well. In my attempt, I stopped at 1000 inhabitants. Maybe you have to reject the one or other map, but I found a decent one after a couple of tries. I blogged it http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1373.0. Here you can also see the map seed. If you have an old computer, that makes the game slow with lags,  it´s a big difference between the map sizes. At my old computer I avoided the large maps because of that.

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

QueryEverything

@TheOtherMicheal & @brads3 , it just seems odd that it's affecting the 2nd animal listed on the menu.  And that the 2 function perfectly after I enable the BP mod, after the map is generated. 
I'm going to do another test, with 2 new maps, and see what happens, see if I can replicate it.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Interesting development @Discrepancy , @TheOtherMicheal & @brads3

I loaded a new map, but changed the settings:  this time using the DSSV-Herds map generator, and works perfectly with BusyPastures active from the start.

I wonder if the code for DSSV-Farmers is a diceroll for a 2nd beast if that makes a change in how BP sees the livestock at load??

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Hawk

Thanks Gatherer. I'll have a look at it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

QueryEverything

Update, new map.
This time - BP on, DSSV-Herds, 3 livestock generated:  cattle, chicken, sheep (in that order).
The cattle & chicken worked perfectly in all types of pasture (I have 3, vanilla, DSSV & Kid's fenceless.
The sheep, the 3rd livestock did not produce.  Even the 'wool' didn't appear in any storage.

It's just odd, almost like the last item in the livestock list is ghosted ... weird, weird, weird.

brads3

i take it you tried mod order already? did you try without the bp mod and just the DS bby itself?any other mods? even the workplace mod?

QueryEverything

@kralyerg & @Discrepancy
I've tried another new map, this time with:  DSSV-Herds; NO Busy Pastures, 2 livestock spawned:  Chicken & Cattle

Both work without a problem.

It seems with BP turned on, the 2nd livestock doesn't seem to be registered correctly within the game, it's ghosting the produce (what is harvested), and not producing the meat & bonemeal etc...

One more map: 2 livestock spawned, I deactivated Kid's workshop mod and Busy Pastures.
My Bannies all starved by year 1, the 2nd livestock just didn't produce, it was Chickens & sheep.
The sheep got up to 15/12 in the pasture when I quit the map.

I am at a loss!!  It's just odd.  I remember the other week something like this happened, couldn't figure out what was happening with the livestock so switched back to just DSSV-Easy.  Didn't think of it again, but the last 2 days, I've been on bug hunts :D

Discrepancy

Well I've done plenty of tests with DSSV by itself, and the pastures all produce fine. I'm not sure what is going on. I haven't a great deal of time right now to do much modding or playing so my tests sometimes aren't long enough though. I will download Busy Pastures and try to play a few games with CC and NMT enabled also.
I would suggest that Busy Pastures should be placed above DSSV.

- - -

Further production on v2 has been slow. I have reverted the Village Chapel to the original smaller v1.1 size, this is because I have added the Village Church, a much larger grey stone church. Also another Blacksmith the Village Kitchen and work has started on smaller markets and a hospital and health buildings - herbalist, herb gathering, etc.

elemental

You don't have to do everything in v2. You can leave some of it out and then finish it off for v3, if that makes it easier.