News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Brick Tenements and Rowhouses from the Industrial Revolution

Started by AzemOcram, December 08, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzemOcram

I found files from January, tweaked them slightly, and collaborated with ShockPuppet, Necora, and Ketchup to get textures and build states, and Kralyerg to code.

Here are some test screenshots. Proportions are slightly off but will be corrected by release.

RedKetchup

adding to your thread the last picture i ve made from my work :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Being inspired by these new buildings I ventured onto Turbo Squid (don't tell Hubby, he will hold it over me, I tell him off for lurking about there) ...  so MUCH WANT! 
*breathe ...

BTW:  The artists here are amazeballs!  :D :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

AzemOcram

The mod will require Colonial Charter or MegaMod. It will be included in MegaMod (and possibly CC). It will be ready within a day or two, since the coding is mostly done and I just have to tweak the models Ketchup textured because he textured them without correcting the scale (and the scale was originally far too tall).

AzemOcram

These look especially good with Ketchup's City Roads.

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

AzemOcram

This mod has been released as part of MegaMod and a private-ish version which requires CC to produce supplies (if not imported) was shared with me. If you want to build rowhouses without MM, let me know.

adelegarland

Love these tenements!  Question - will they ever be available for those of us who don't use CC and MM?
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

AzemOcram

My mod doesn't strictly require them but you would need to import the materials that could only be produced in CC.

EDIT: Here's a link to an earlier version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oKJ9gdaP7dZ1JscWJLWVYwSTA/view?usp=sharing

Kimbolton

Hi AzemOcram,

I've been away so I'm still catching up but great to see this mod released. Thanks very much for all your work on this!

QuoteThis mod has been released as part of MegaMod and a private-ish version which requires CC to produce supplies (if not imported) was shared with me. If you want to build rowhouses without MM, let me know.

If still possible I would love to have this separate from MM. I am using the earlier version you linked to but I think the MM version has more stuff.

Thanks again as this is a really unique mod.

AzemOcram

Kimbolton,

Since the latest beta of Banished allows for up to 7 construction materials, I want to release an updated mod that doesn't use "building materials" but does use furnishings. However, the current standalone mod has all the buildings as the MM component, it just requires you to upgrade to get to tiers, 2, 4, and 6.

Here are my new plans for stats:

T0 (can upgrade to T1A)
Family of 3
Storage: 700
Fuel: 75
45 Work, 10 Stone, 20 Wood

T1
Family of 4
Storage: 800
Fuel: 85
58 Work, 20 Stone, 20 Lumber

T2 (upgrades from T1)
Family of 5
Storage: 900
Fuel: 100
75 Work, 30 Stone, 15 Lumber, 5 glass

T3 (upgrades from T2)
Family of 5
Storage: 1000
Fuel: 115
90 Work, 35 Stone, 15 lumber, 5 glass, 1 joist, 1 Homewares

T4 (upgrades from T3)
Family of 6
Storage: 1200
Fuel: 130
110 Work, 40 Stone, 16 lumber, 8 glass, 2 joists, 2 Homewares

T5 (upgrades from T4)
Family of 7
Storage: 1500
Fuel: 140
130 Work, 45 Brick, 12 glass, 15 lumber, 3 joists, 10 candles, 2 Fancy Homewares

T6 (upgrades from T5)
Family of 8
Storage: 1700
Fuel: 150
150 Work, 50 Brick, 16 glass, 20 lumber, 5 copper pipes, 5 joists, 12 candles, 3 Fancy Homewares

Kimbolton

Hi AzemOcram,

Thanks for the info. I just reached a point in my current game where I was able to construct my first rowhouse and saw the upgrade options when it was completed. Looks great by the way. These will be fun to use in game.

Thanks for the info on the plan for updated stats too.

Would love to see you continue adding to this mod in the future. I know it is a lot of work. Very much appreciated though! :)

AzemOcram

Let me know if you think these numbers need tweaking. Kraylerg just gave me the zip containing all the files needed to make the old version of the mod. I will get onto updating today. It should be ready by Monday unless I run into trouble.

Kimbolton

The numbers seem fine to me. Looking forward to your update.

AzemOcram

There seems to be a problem with materials. None of the CC materials show up when hovering, selecting, or trying to build; neither sprite nor name shows up. Until I fix that big, I won't be able to update the row houses. There is an error with the T6 construction because they use 1 more resource than the example. Once I figure out how to make the construction materials show up properly, I could either change the file to raise the limit or remove copper pioes from requirements of T6.