Started by embx61, August 18, 2017, 02:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

PredatorBeing

Love it! Looks wonderful in game. Been a long time fan of DS Roads, but always play with no snow because the roads wouldn't get snow covered. It irritated me to no end. Same goes for structures.

The king has been dethroned.  ???

Oh, btw, if/when you get to a version update for roads could you rearrange the wood roads since they are 3 different sizes of wood? It would just make one more thing in game a little easier/faster, not that this is a major time factor, I'm just a bit on the OCD side. Just arranged in order, small , medium, large where it currently stands medium, large, small. No big deal, only if you want to...  but you saw how easy it was to get dethroned.  ;)

embx61

I think Ds Roads get some snow just as mine.
I used the same technic Discrepancy used as explained by Tom Sawyer in Discrepancy's thread by using an alpha channel and a transparent layer and erase with 50% opacity.

The roads get some snow on them but are still visible in the snow.

Maybe you are mistaken with "45 roads with no end" mod which get completely covered in the snow and are not visible at all?

I will rearrange the wood roads from small to big in the next version :)

PredatorBeing

Unfortunately, its DS Roads v4, which I believe was the last update made to it. I downloaded it again, cleared reg, played vanilla with just the roads mod and no snow. Even tried the download from a different site. I seen the pics in the thread, it was working, so perhaps wrong version was uploaded. Never asked, just took it for what it is, still a great addition. Is anyone using a version with proper snow coverage?

embx61

I downloaded v4 of DS Roads and took a quick look.

I see now what you mean with the roads. It looks like they not gathering any snow at all and look about the same with or without snow.

Discrepancy probably uses a different opacity then me to his preference. I use 50% on all the roads and it looks like there is some snow on the roads but the roads are still visible.
Discrepancy's roads are way better then the 45 roads mod though. The 45 roads Mod have no alpha channel as the developer probably did not know at the time about that and that is why those roads completely disappear in the winter.
I played with that road set for a while though because it was the only one available at that time.

But if I remember right many roads looked very odd with strange colors and only a few were in that set I considered placing.
But the complete covered up in the winter finally made me decide to scrap the Mod and just stayed with the 2 Vanilla ones.

The king is not dethroned. :)
All of Discrepancy's mods are very nice and well developed. I like the detailing skills in Discrepancy's mods as I try to do as much as possible detailing too in my mods.
Without that thread from Discrepancy I never would have known how to make the roads to show in the snow so credit to Discrepancy and Tom Sawyer. :)

That is the good thing here on WoB. We not hide our stuff and discoveries from each other and that is why we learn so much from each other.
I said it before. We are not really not that different then Black Liquid. Black Liquid is (was?) a team while we are separate modders under one roof but still share about all our stuff and discoveries.
I learned some coding stuff from kralyerg as well.

In the next version I will add the delete road and cancel delete road buttons on the toolbar to save the player some clicks.

wiscoke

@embx61 I am playing on a map for over 70 hours and I've just added this mod. I also using the grassy mod from the BL-team and I've used their grass mod to create some nice looking gardens.
but while testing out your roads, I 've noticed that using stone road #6 replaces the grass road from the grassy mod. so , now the grass is gone and everything is covered with your stone road #6 :)

just letting you know.

embx61

Thanks for the report.

I used kralyerg list of U char numbers and nothing showed in the 300 range so I used those numbers.

I will change the U char for stone road 6 in the next version to a number 1 higher.

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/767-roads/#comment-2428

Just uploaded a new version where I have set the Uchar number of Stone Road six 1 higher and also so for stone road 7 and 8.
Should be save compatible. :)

embx61

Just downloaded the grassy roads mod to test and the U char numbers are NOT as in the list made by kral.
According to the list they are between 38 and 51 but they are in apparently in the 300 range as well  ::)

More roads are screwed up because of the same U char because I thought according to that list the 300 range was not used.
I go from the 300 range to the 400 range.

Should upload a next version in about an hour.
Will also change the wood order from small to big as I forgot in version 17002.

embx61

Uploaded new version and I changed all the roads to the 400 range.

The version are so close together so I kept it as version 17002.

Turis

Suggestion: The icons in the toolbar menu need to be changed so we can see what we're choosing. ;)

embx61

Yeah, By looking at Discrepancy Roads and the grassy roads I am already working on that.

I did a test again with the newer version and no grassy road will change the roads anymore.

Now up to finishing the Icons.

elemental

Will the new version be save compatible? Do I need to delete any of your roads before I update?

embx61

Will be save compatible as I only changed the U chars in version 17002 and in the next version I only update the sprites and maybe add some roads and adding textures never give problems.

embx61

Uploaded version 17003 of the roads.

Added images to the buttons and added a remove road and cancel removal button on the roads toolbar.