News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mega Mod 0.08

Started by vavact, July 04, 2017, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavact

Is there any information about when the next mega mod will come out?

It would be great if it contained redketchup's and other's new creations and have all the decorations as ghost objects (so they can actually be used).

embx61

You have to ask kralyerg as he is the modder who put all the different mods from other modders together in the Mega Mod.
But he is not really active anymore on this forum and I read not at the Black Liquid site either.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Bartender

Unfortunately it seems that Black Liquid has either ceased to exist, or is just no longer interested in modding for Banished. They were starting to work on this game of their own at some point I think, so maybe they're spending their time on that. I've not seen anything of either Kralyerg or ShockPuppet over at the BL forums in a long time however.

embx61

With no official statement from Black Liquid we only can guess what is going on at BL.

It can be indeed they are working on their own game but a statement would have been nice to confirm this.
They are just burned out after releasing so much stuff over the last 2 years and take a huge break. But again a statembt would have been nice.

The illness of Shock aqnd Kral (Two of their key modders) is the reason.

They just fell apart, would not be the first and not the last time either when modding teams fall apart after a good while.

Kristahfer

In my opinion...
Black Liquid had invested a great deal of time taking the existing mods, of those who wish to be part of the MegaMod endeavor , and combining them into a single loadable mod. This endeavor  was a fantastic step for those who had difficulty with load orders to make use of all the great mods available. They where thrown a curve when the creator of Banished released the new menu bar with the ability for modders to place their work within their own section.

While I find the new menu bar great, I can see how Black Liquid, et-al  might feel wondering how their many skills and vast experience would fit into the new menu bar schema. All of the modders I have come across have the same drive. Each may have their own bag of tricks, or vision, but the drive I feel is the same. The drive to be able to create. Reguardless of the medium that drive is in every artist, of which I feel you modders are. Those at Black Liquid have that drive, and you can not keep a good artist down. In good time...

embx61

It was always possible to create a Community Toolbar. We only could not figure out how.

RedKetchup came very close. It was Necora who found a way how to do it.

Some UI elements such as sprites and the spritesheet.rsc files have to be placed in the Dialog Folder instead of the UI Folder where they normally reside.

When Necora figured that out we had the community Toolbar.