News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Early Medieval Buildings

Started by maloskero, August 19, 2017, 01:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maloskero

Hello guys!

I posted here some time ago asking for some help to start modding. I was gently welcomed by @kid1293 :) who then suggested me to post some pics of my models in here.

So, there they are! I have been prety busy lately so I still couldn't figure out how to put them in the game. I'm interested to see if there's anyone here willing to further help me, either by teaching me how to import them into the game or by having them (I'm willing to gift those models)!

If anyone is interested, please do tell!

Here's a pic I took using the Simcity 4 BAT Tool. All those models were made by me in Googlesketchup!

Thank you!

Savidan

They are really cool :)

Unfortunately I know nothing to modding :/ I cant help you.

But I support you !

The Pilgrim

@maloskero   your models look great. You shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to help you import and package them. I wish I knew how as it would make my mod work go much easier.

embx61

Just zip the models/textures all up and put them somewhere on the cloud and send me the link so i can download it and I will take a look.

It looks like it can be 5 houses with each 2 F key variants set.

What I will do if I am able to import them into 3ds max create the code for 1 house with the 2 F key variants.

Then I sent you the files back so you can do the other 4 by following along with my code.
That way you can get started and learn because you have an example of the code. :)
BTW, the houses are looking very nice.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i agree with @embx61  :)
dont forget to send him the textures too :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

OH MEIN BLOP! This looks awesome!  ???

embx61

@maloskero

Imported your ds files into max and did the code.
Sent you the link of the files by PM

Couple of things.

Textures need to be a power of two. So 1024x1024, 512x512, 512x256, 1024x512, 128x256, and so on.
I rescaled the textures to make it work in the game.

Not sure how you made the 8 beams but they had 4 stacked vertices on each corners so I think you put 4 planes together.
Creating a box for a beam/board is way easier to model as you have all the four sides in one go :)

I had to weld those vertices together so it became a box to save on vertices but also to make sure the seams were closed.

Just study the code I supplied and see if you can do 1 of your other houses yourself.
You need however to download Blender to assign UV maps, the points and dummies, and export to FBX format what the game recognize.

I am not familiar with blender but most Modders here use it beside RedKetchup and me as we use 3ds Max but the principles are the same.

I recommend to do just one of your other house with no F Key variant yet to make the start a bit easier.

Most it is naming of files and the references to the string table and spritesheet, and mesh files were mistakes are made.
Just take it slow and study the files I send you. I made several comments in the files to try to explain what it does.

It are quite a few of files but mostly a lot of code in those files not have to be changed.

If you get stuck just ask questions in the forum and us modders will try to get you through it.
It will be daunting in the beginning and you have to go through that.

This is were most modders decide to quit because they get stuck over and over and so they quit,  but just keep trying and ask questions if you get stuck.

After a little while you will see that you understand the flow a bit better and things start to fall in place.

Most modders here started about 2 to 3 years ago and we did not know anything either.

There are several Tutorials on this site to help you a bit too. I recommend to read through them. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@maloskero , please ask questions and stick with it.  Those buildings look fantastic and will be a great addition to the game.  Thank you @embx61 for helping.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: maloskero on August 19, 2017, 01:48:16 PMteaching me how to import them into the game

I hope you bite through this... the models look great, they'll fit right in with the more medieval crowd   ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

galensgranny

I can't help with modding, but I hope to see these houses for download soon!

Turis