Farms larger than 120-tile can be farmed successfully by a single farmer

Started by irrelevant, August 22, 2017, 06:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

are you only playing maps that provide beans ? ^^

hey at some point, can you load NMT30Series: Crop and try to figurate the  temps i should put for each new crops i added ?
min temp, max temps, range temp...

(a sheet similar you provided me for Irrelevant's tweaking crop mod) ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 25, 2017, 08:51:35 PM

hey at some point, can you load NMT30Series: Crop and try to figurate the  temps i should put for each new crops i added ?

Hey, the seed gave me beans, I grow beans  ;)

I'll be glad to have a look at it. Not going to be able to do it this weekend though, guests in from out of town.  ::)

Well, okay, one more year.

irrelevant

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 23, 2017, 01:54:48 PM
Interesting @irrelevant. Now you can try to figure out the optimal field size for different crops in different nordic climates with and without micromanaged harvest season. ;D
@Tom Sawyer Uhhhh, no. ;D

The Pilgrim

Do you think it makes a difference in either the output or the amount of land cultivatable if the farm is set to laborer pickup rather than farmer pickup?

embx61

I think it can make a difference depending on the situation.

Just as the farmers the laborers go out to eat too so there is no difference.

It depends where the houses and storage barns are located. The closer to the farm fields the better as the walk to get something to eat is not much.

But if the house where the laborer lives is far away and the farmer lives close by maybe even the farmer is faster then the laborer.
The game assigns automatic every so often the houses/workers ratio and change the workers to other jobs which are closer by.

For laborers the game have a bit a harder time because mostly laborers are all over the place.
We send them south/west/north/and east to clear out area's.

As a farmer is mostly live close by the farm fields the game will mostly leave it like that.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

The Pilgrim

I think wether the laborers come to pick it up immediately doesn't matter because once the food is harvested it can remain in the field over winter and not spoil.

kid1293

The Pilgrim

Paeng

Quote from: The Pilgrim on August 26, 2017, 06:27:15 AMDo you think it makes a difference in either the output or the amount of land cultivatable if the farm is set to laborer pickup rather than farmer pickup?

Yes, that makes a huge difference... all the farmer has to do is cut the crop, without the tedious travels to put it in storage.
And once the crop is in a basket, it can stay out even in cold weather, until a laborer picks it up.

* Some deem the laborer pickup a "cheat"... but which farmer is all alone to bring in the harvest? That never made much sense to me, so I use this mod all the time.  :)

Bah, seems everybody types faster than I do... LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 25, 2017, 08:51:35 PM

@RedKetchup Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm working on this. I'm using my old NMT town Needmore, but it is going to take some time to acquire all of the seeds. Have to keep the town running too, you know  ;)

Could you let me have the crop parameters so I know what to expect from them? Temp, Range, Months?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

crop name : temp / range / month

Barley : 65.0 / 65.0 / 2 (should be original numbers from [CC])
Broccoli: 65.0 / 65.0 / 2
Carrot : 65.0 / 65.0 / 2
Cucumber: 65.0 / 25.0 / 2
Kale :  65.0 / 25.0 / 2
Lettuce: 65.0 / 25.0 / 2 (should be original numbers from SRS)
Pea :  65.0 / 25.0 / 2
Radish : 70.0 / 25.0 / 3
Sorghum:  65.0 / 65.0 / 2 (should be original numbers from [CC])
Spinach : 65.0 / 25.0 / 2
Strawberry:65.0 / 65.0 / 1
Tomato : 65.0 / 25.0 / 2
Turnip : 65.0 / 65.0 / 2
Watermelon:85.0 / 45.0 / 2.5 (should be original numbers from [CC])

i kinda took a file.rsc and i copied and i renamed the file and renamed the names inside; i didnt put alot of care, out of strawberry. since it is a spring/early summer fruit i did put 1 month for the strawberry. i have no idea what should grow fast, grow late, temperatures... etc

irrelevant

irrelevant

@RedKetchup I think my sorghum field grew nothing but shadows!  ;D

Lots of them, though. One farmer got 184 tiles.

Tomato farmer got 140, and radish farmer got 116. Your radishes grow only between 59F and 83F. Very narrow range, and 3 months to maturity. The narrow range is okay, but I think the temp should be more like 55 rather than 70, and two months instead of three.

I bought barley seeds and lettuce seeds, but neither one shows up at the crop fields as available to plant.

RedKetchup

i want you to find all the temp/range/months numbers that i should put at every crop
i dont have any botanical knowleadge. please find the number they should have.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=353.0