News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I have fixed the trapper and the forester. 2 bugs which crept in after the first release. Please update your game. :)

Nilla

I haven´t made the first upgrade. Should I do it now, or go on with my village with the initial version? My trapper works. The forester I don´t know.

Tom Sawyer

I suggest to go on with your game without updating @Nilla. I'm pretty sure your forester works. I tried a new idea and confused files with the same name in different folders. Notepad++ can be tricky with that.

Hawk

Thanks @Tom Sawyer. That might explain why my Trapper doesn't do anything.
I'll go get the newest update.

I finally got some glass from the trader at year 12, along with bricks and roof tiles. Now I'll have to start again with the new update. No bid deal though. I made a pretty good mess of things in that play.  :D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

Try to continue your game after updating. The existing trapper will start to hunt. The forester I would rebuild.

Hawk

I never did build a forester. I had just got the glass right before my last save.

Besides, as I mentioned, I made a pretty good mess of that play and would prefer to start again, this time with a couple extra mods, like Kid's Forrest Outpost and maybe a couple of EB's.

I did try Kids Tiny mod, but only to use the tiny town hall, so I could get the stats. I did place the tiny mine and quarry but the game froze once the quarry was complete so there may be a compatibility issue with that mod, and the mine only had iron and not iron ore, but the town hall works fine.
I know it doesn't fit in with the rest of The North, but it will do until I can build the regular town hall.  ;) I usually place it out of the way anyway so it can be demolished later with no problem.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

Quote from: Nilla on December 15, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
My trapper works well. 1 trapper gets around 150 furs each year. It's located out in a woods, where nothing else is. Laborers go there occasionally to pick berries and firewood. If there's no changes from the last version, it's important not to have much other things going on in the circle of the trapper.

I wonder if tents would have been used, such as those by @Discrepancy found at this link - third picture, by Nordic trappers?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

squashedtoad

I'm having some difficulty with the bloomery accepting charcoal.  My worker just keeps on going back and forth without actually putting the charcoal in the bloomery.  Thoughts?

Tom Sawyer

Hi @squashedtoad, is the North on top in your mod list? It has to be that way to work.

Hawk

Quote from: squashedtoad on December 16, 2017, 12:04:42 PM
I'm having some difficulty with the bloomery accepting charcoal.  My worker just keeps on going back and forth without actually putting the charcoal in the bloomery.  Thoughts?

For what ever it's worth, I'm not having that problem. I do have the latest version that was released yesterday. I don't know if that's an issue or not. Just mentioning it.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

twilightbreeze

Tom hon, is there any way you can give us a choice of a much smaller footprint for the sand pit? I play smaller maps and that thing just is way too big, really hard to place on smaller shores.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Nilla

I can agree, it's big, so a smaller variation might be good. But on the other hand, I found the large claypit big at the beginning, too. But after that first game, I never built any small pits; they went empty much too fast. I didn't run my sand pit so long, but generally, it looks like you need less glass than brick, so you'll probably need less sand. So especially, for a small map, you may never empty one large sand pit.

Tom Sawyer

You will indeed never empty a sand pit. There is always new sand coming down the river or so. ;D

I can try to make it a bit smaller but not now. It was fumbling work to find a solution which looks natural in every case you can place it and I'm rather satisfied with it.

twilightbreeze

sigh. Then it really can't be used well with smaller maps. Hard to make glass when your sand pit only fits waaaay down the shoreline and not near your settlement. I'll have to rely on traders I guess, and they don't bring it that often even when ordered.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

Does the sand pit, and for that matter the clay pits, act like the quarrys and mines in that if they're too close to a town they'll reduce happiness?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]