News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattyka

Thank you for your warm welcome! I found a lot of useful info till now. I'm really happy to be in such a great community :)

kattyka

@embx61 We live in Lower Austria, on the Slovak border. It's very nice here with a huge nature protection area. ;)

purringcat

Quote from: kattyka on June 25, 2017, 01:09:16 AM
@embx61 We live in Lower Austria, on the Slovak border. It's very nice here with a huge nature protection area. ;)

Do you live near the Kalkalpen National Park where the PBS show "Forest of the Lynx" was filmed?    Beautiful area and everyone should watch that TV show.   

Dosphorus

Look like i'm the newest kid in town. Still any active vanilla players here?!

RedKetchup

oh yes ! of course !

welcome @Dosphorus !

many players and still many modders too !
this place is still fully alive ! :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Dosphorus

Great :)

Just one question already, do i have to fill in these fields below everytime i'll post something?
Or is that temp?

btw: 30y old, flemish (Belgium), big fan of strategy/building games
i've got banished since 3 days now and i'm going to look for a good seed map to slowly build to 1000 people (second try had me going up to 300ish before accepting nomads started a wave of starvation -> shortage of tools ->...)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Dosphorus on August 01, 2017, 11:53:53 AM
Great :)

Just one question already, do i have to fill in these fields below everytime i'll post something?
Or is that temp?

yeah 2-3 (maybe 5??) first posts, it is for fighting bots :)

Quote from: Dosphorus on August 01, 2017, 11:53:53 AM
i've got banished since 3 days now and i'm going to look for a good seed map to slowly build to 1000 people (second try had me going up to 300ish before accepting nomads started a wave of starvation -> shortage of tools ->...)

best thing is starting to master this game without mods, and after, open the wonderful world of mods :)

Whoyou13

Welcome dosphorus, please do enjoy Banished and post your progress so anyone can see your creation

Dosphorus

Already made some print screens to get some feedback. I'll post them whenever i get home.

What i struggle with mostly is buidling stone houses. The first tries I started of with wooden houses which got me starting quickly with rapid pop growth. With now trying to go for stone houses I quickly get into situations where I have to send my laborers too far out just to get some stone.

And no stone means no new houses/building which means less babies and thus less laborers to send out.

But after some slow years I seem to finally get the momentum going and i'm getting to the point of building a trading dock. I've already got some excess firewood which means i should be fine. Pop growth has been slower than in my previous games but the stone houses should help me going for 1.000 pop :-).

(year 12 now - i'll post some screens this evening - in this topic?!)

kid1293

Quote from: Dosphorus on August 02, 2017, 12:41:07 AM
i'll post some screens this evening - in this topic?!

No, not here. Put them in Village Images if they are only images.
If you intend to make a series of pictures with description you can post them in Village Blogs.

and Welcome! Always nice to 'see' new faces here.

MonsterHart

Hello, I'm Pål. I just heard of this place, I don't yet know the situation here but someone finally replied to an old post in the Steam Workshop Discussions where I asked for help saying that I should just repost it here because there are more modders here so I'm more likely to find some help, I'll do that after this. The challenges here sound interesting. I played a ton of Banished in the early versions; before the Steam achievements; and off and on quite a bit up through 1.0.2 and got a couple achievements before I moved on to other games. I've been playing a lot again lately (1.0.6 on Steam) and there seems to be even more Steam achievements so I'm going to try and get all of those then I'll check out the challenges. By the way am I going to have to go through this verification every time I post a thread, comment, or modification?

kid1293

@MonsterHart

Welcome Pål! (eller välkommen, för det låter svenskt) :)

Your on the right spot. Here are many modders and players who
want to keep Banished alive. Read through forum threads and you
will get a lot of tips and tricks on modding.

Verification for some time only.

RedKetchup

Hello and welcome @MonsterHart  :)

yeah the verification is only for the 3-5 first posts (it is in place to take care of the bots)

about the achievements, as soon you will have 1 mod enable, you wont be able to get any achievement. so if you want those all made, do it before you start using mods... because once you will do .... you wont want to play vanilla again without mods ^^

Whoyou13

Welcome MonsterHart enjoy playing Banished as we are being banished XD

JM

Hello to everybody
I'm from Czechia, born in 1965 and got forst computer in 1983 (Sinclair)
I thank people who make modding for their free time and do not want anything in return.
(sorry for bad english, google translator is my friend)