News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Course if I do this it will be the end of unattended running for the next 30 years. But I think the town needs this.

irrelevant

Year 2319

Phase One of the new development - Village 11 13

Abandoned

:) very nice @irrelevant , I can't imagine playing a map like this, much less letting it play itself.  Impressive.

irrelevant

Quote from: Abandoned on November 03, 2017, 04:25:22 PM
:) very nice @irrelevant , I can't imagine playing a map like this, much less letting it play itself.  Impressive.
@Abandoned thanks for the kind words. I'm not very creative/artistic like you, @brads3, and @Paeng are; I'm a technician, and messing around with this town is fun for me.   

Abandoned

@irrelevant , that is what makes it interesting  :)  We each play different.  We are missing @Nilla who is so good with production numbers and comparisons.  :)

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 2323

Villages 13 and 14.

Trying to decide whether to run unattended, or build village 15, replacing the forest group across the river.

No, can't run unattended until I see how low the new pop curve goes at the bottom. I've built 50 new houses, added 70 professionals in the past ten years.

Now producing 20,000 ale annually from 43 brewers.

brads3

i wish i could build a city as big without errors kicking me out. you hold the record on time also.

irrelevant

Wow, 23,890 ale from 43 brewers, average 555.6/brewer.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on November 04, 2017, 10:14:49 PM
you hold the record on time also.
That is indeed my goal, that no one will ever surpass this town.   ;)

Going to get it back in auto-run condition, this time with no danger of professionals all dying, and letting it go for....how many years?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

galensgranny

That's amazing that you had a town go for so long, irrelevant! 

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 2339

So since I built those houses the pop curve is definitely doing something different. This last trough I still had over 300 laborers, so I have some room to play here.

Since I have many farms that are turned off, I'm can make some big changes with food production. Shut down all hunters, bumped up all fishers to maximum staff. Stopped buying nuts. This should still take care of protein, and now I don't have to fuss around with two kinds of textiles. Simplify!

Shut down all gatherers to stop my barns from filling up with mushrooms, and converted 8-10 farms into 20 new 15x4 peach orchards to make up for the lost berry production. Didn't want to do this before as I use two farmers per orchard, two of which (four farmers) take the same space as one farm with a single farmer. But if my laborer cushion is going to be 300, I can afford this.

Still have a bunch of wool in TP's, will gradually return that to general inventory for coat production. I'll let my guys eat the mutton instead of trying to trade it away (which only ever happens manually in any case).

If I am short food, I still have about 25 farms I can start back up, even after converting several into orchards. Plus, there is plenty of forest available to clear out if needed, since all I'm taking from forestry now is logs and herbs.

That's a lot of change in a town that didn't change much for 2000 years!