News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS TownHouses v3.0.2 (updated 30 July 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, May 17, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

LOL @brads3 , you know I've stated several time why I don't like a lot of useless stuff added but I guess my comments and opinions keep getting lost in all the ridiculously long posts, or get rude comments. I answered exactly what @Discrepancy asked for and again I get criticized for my opinion.  Great new houses, thanks Discrepancy

QueryEverything

This is in reply to @Discrepancy post :)  (thank you)
Quote from: Discrepancy on May 24, 2017, 08:18:04 PM
Oh, what kind have chaos have i created?

These are townhouses, the mod will predominantly be housing. After reading the many comments (thanks) i am going to limit the production/services that are with it. For this set 5 different buildings.
{{snipped, answers below}}

Can't make an omelette without breaking some shells; just like chaos & creativity, sometimes one can't happen without the other :D
I must admit I may have added a bit more of one, than the other ;)  Strap in, it may be long ;)

-----
QuoteWhen i mentioned to keep close to vanilla. I dont really want to add anything with new flags.
So, just to make sure I'm clear, rather than Vanilla Banished (which now included additional flags), it's more Banished 1.0 6 style? 
-----

QuoteI mentioned in another post a while ago that I had already made a butcher... i never released because i couldnt find a good production for it. Im not a fan of putting 10 of something in to just suddenly double the qauntity.

What about something like your different kitchens - where you put in a few different things for recipes, but using the Vanilla base resources, so a butcher could make:
Herbed Lamb, mutton + herbs;
Chicken with Berry Jus, Chicken + Blueberries;
Ossobuco, Venison + Vegetables (mushroom, potatoes etc);
Beef with Mushroom sauce, beef + mushrooms

If you wanted in the future to add a further complex recipe idea, adding things like flour, butter, cream etc - though, that feels like a 2nd stage cooking process, not a straight up butcher.  :)  And could be added to later.  (think:  Beef with Mushroom Sauce (from butcher) + flour + water = Beef Wellington; Herbed Lamb + potatoes + veg = Sunday Roast; etc etc)
-----

QuoteThe more i mod and see the way things work i dont really want to add building supplies or homewares - not my cup of tea. I would sooner wait and see if luke adds the extra construction requirements. The i will add glass and lumber. But not before.
Re the construction:  I see your point, sadly I don't think Luke is in any rush to get things done, I hope I'm wrong and at the moment he's sitting at his workstation nutting out the next Banished version. :)    you guys (the modders) are so close to getting the requirements to unlock, it must be frustrating to know only 1 or 2 sections of code needs to change by Luke. :( *sad
-----

At the end of the day I'm happy with any decision on the final result, the ideas I posted were just creative energy - a vision of what might this village look like :) 
Although, I still like the idea of the train station ;)  but - it's your vision, I'm just happy to play with it.

Thanks for acknowledging our ideas & questions :) 

I may or may not have been playing with debug ... but really happy how the buildings are looking and working from the DS Villages sets :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 24, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
So, just to make sure I'm clear, rather than Vanilla Banished (which now included additional flags), it's more Banished 1.0 6 style?

Not really. Vanilla banished still doesn't allow the new flags unless us modders add the relevant needed files... The new flags aren't really included in banished, luke just made changes so more could be added without crashing. I don't think the stable release when it comes out will be any different, we will still need to add the files to make it work.

What about something like your different kitchens - where you put in a few different things for recipes, but using the Vanilla base resources, so a butcher could make:
Herbed Lamb, mutton + herbs;
Chicken with Berry Jus, Chicken + Blueberries;
Ossobuco, Venison + Vegetables (mushroom, potatoes etc);
Beef with Mushroom sauce, beef + mushrooms

I don't mind this idea, it is about all I could think of, short of making and including an override to all the animals to drop a single carcass to be butchered instead of 160-200 beef/mutton/venison.

At the end of the day I'm happy with any decision on the final result, the ideas I posted were just creative energy - a vision of what might this village look like :) 
Although, I still like the idea of the train station ;)  but - it's your vision, I'm just happy to play with it.

Understood :) and i really appreciate the creative energy. Not sure about the train station though...
I like all suggestions, I might not make them all, but slowly I come around full circle and might pick things up here and there.

We are all living in the same village so to speak, so no infighting everyone!

As a modder I want to appease the players, but this isn't always possible. This is the reason I removed many resources and professions from my mods... but they aren't gone forever, I will make single mods that incorporate the buildings only required for it to work, along with overrides to my other sets for the buildings to work together.
Give me time for this though, a lot to get my head around.
I think I'll still be here in a few years or a lot more, I enjoy modding banished, I enjoy the game. So as long as our world leaders...rulers don't implement M.A.D. I'll still be here, releasing everything. I still think there is so much potential for this game, even with the limitations.

Nilla

I owe @elemental an answer.

First; I don't hate new stuff. It's totally the opposite; I love new stuff!.......BUT........

They have to make sense!

Now to the difficult part. What is "make sense"? I'm fully aware, that we all have our own definition of that. I can only try to explain what I mean.

Let's go back to the building material. I think, it was the objections from me and others to buildingsupply and homeware, that triggered your irritation, @elemental.

We are all aware of the 3-building material limits. I think we all dislike it. Of cause, even the simplest vanilla wooden house need more than 3 materials. (At least there are a lot of windows.) Fancier house might need even more, I can agree on that. I find the idea from the BL team to make packages of other material clever. But I don't like, what they made out of this idea. It makes no sense to me, to make a package of some random building materials (say 12 bricks, 1 joist and 20 logs; just the first option in the package building) call it building supply and use is as one of 3 building materials in this house. Logs (or lumber) has to be a main building material anyway. Why extra in the exclusive package? I'm pretty sure, such a wooden house includes, no metal joist, and no bricks. Why should the building supply package contain this and where are all the windows? The only purpose I can see, is to make the construction of a fancy house more complicated. But to me; it's a strange way.

Lumber is different. Of cause most houses, even the simple vanilla wood house is built from lumber, not logs. What is lumber? It's a processed log, now produced in saw mills, earlier (also) cut by hand. I see it like this: For simple houses the builder cut the logs themselves to get the lumber. The production of lumber in a sawmill is more efficient, saving material and worktime. A house could be built faster and each log be better used. So lumber, yes I like when buildings need lumber instead of logs.

Now to homeware: It's a good thought, that the Banns need some items in their houses. But in this game, they don't care about it. They are not happier, more productive or in any way better off with these items. It has no impact of the gameplay. I can accept, how it's made in CC: It's a way to make all these goods useful: If a player want to give his Bannies fancy houses, he has to produce (or buy) these things. But since it has very little impact on the gameplay, I don't like it to be "standard". If you like it that way: play CC.

I will not say much to the long lists with various goods/professions. I find more or less everything has been said somewhere else. It has been discussed since the first days of modding. I only think we can agree on disagreeing on that point! Let every modder do what he/ she feels right. Let us user, use the mods, that fit us. I'm sure we will all find something suitable! :)

By the way; We often have different opinions, but I think @brads3 said wise words in his entry! :) http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1728.msg34407#msg34407

elemental

Thank you for your reply, @Nilla . I agree that some of the combinations in the CC building supply options are a bit strange, but I think they did it like this to keep as many people happy as possible - so that you can build their fancy houses and other buildings without needing very many of their sometimes complicated production chains. But I do think building supplies and homewares are a good way to get around the very annoying limit of 3 construction materials. If that limit didn't exist then obviously the whole building supplies concept would be completely silly. Sure, homewares don't make bannies happy, but for me they add realism. That in itself (to me) is a good thing.

I do wish someone would say why lots of different foods and other items is such a bad thing. If you don't make them or grow them they have very little impact on your game. It was a serious question but nobody seems to want to answer it.

kid1293

Quote from: elemental on May 25, 2017, 05:39:15 AM
I do wish someone would say why lots of different foods and other items is such a bad thing. If you don't make them or grow them they have very little impact on your game. It was a serious question but nobody seems to want to answer it.

I can only speak for myself. The food and it's variants are NOT a bad thing.
You can judge a civilization by what they eat.
Varied diet always means a higher level of civilization.
It means more complex chains to get the best out of the resources.

I think people don't want to spam the barn and market menus with a lot of zero content.
We see it all the time. People want bigger menus and everything minimized...

The Pilgrim

I can't speak for the whole of the CC team, but I can tell you that we have had the same discussions ongoing about the building materials recipes. You guys aren't alone and are being heard.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on May 25, 2017, 06:12:54 AM
I think people don't want to spam the barn and market menus with a lot of zero content.

Exactly this!

If there was a solution that would remove zero count items from the townhall inventory it would be awesome.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

Quote from: Gatherer on May 25, 2017, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: kid1293 on May 25, 2017, 06:12:54 AM

Exactly this!

If there was a solution that would remove zero count items from the townhall inventory it would be awesome.

Agree on that.

Since I´m a bit desturbed by hi-jacking @Discrepancy´s thread about these lovely houses, I have written some more arguments in my blog. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1741.msg34446#msg34446

Necora

@Discrepancy there was talk a while ago about store fronts for the awesome new row houses. I had an idea for CC and the row houses there, but it never took off. It would be really cool to have small market stalls 1 tile deep, as wide as the house, and road passable, that were designed as an awning and some stands that 'clip on' to the front of these houses. I think that would look really cool here.

Discrepancy

Updated to v2.0

adds the new Bryggen styled TownHouse set:

more pictures on first page or download page.

with all those variants the .pkm size jumped up!

v2.0  - new content .. 29May2017 ..          - .pkm = 43,665 KB (42.6 MB)   | .rar = 8,202 KB (8.0 MB)
            - added Bryggen TownHouse set.

maloskero

Dear Lord, those houses are awesome, man! Thank you very much for all the hard work that you've put into this lovely set! They seem to work really well and you moddeling and texturing skills really stood out, congratulations! Now, I don't want to sound ungratefull, but could you turn some of those little one story shops into houses? So we could get some smaller versions of those houses for our bannies to live? Forgive me for asking this and please consider this a suggestion and not a request by any means. Thank you very much, Discrepancy!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Abandoned

@Discrepancy those colorful townhouses look absolutely fantastic.  I was wonder if the original stone townhouses of this set has the f-key variant for that lighter stone texture you showed on the picture with the two styles of townhouse?