Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gather our forces!

Started by kid1293, April 01, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Bartender

This is great news! It shows that there are possibilities for improvements on some of the things we came up with. Probably only as long as they are 'low-hanging fruits', but it's great nonetheless.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bartender on April 21, 2017, 12:46:57 AM
This is great news! It shows that there are possibilities for improvements on some of the things we came up with. Probably only as long as they are 'low-hanging fruits', but it's great nonetheless.

yup :) till we dont ask too much .... it is like we can get some bits here and there :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

That is good news, good job guys.  :)  Even though I am not a big fan of production chains especially when there is a great looking house or building I want to build, I know this is a fantastic game improvement. 

I had a thought but with the all the changes and updates you modders all have enough to do already but I think a very very helpful addition to the larger more complex mods is an in-game help like cc journey has.  It shows all the items they added to the game and where you get them from. If I'm not mistaken the icon is under tools by the original ? help.  I found that list to be extremely helpful and referred to it often.  I hope they include it with pertinent modular.

Thanks guys and Luke.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 21, 2017, 02:00:29 AMit is like we can get some bits here and there

Very cool, good job  :)

I been thinking - we should make a small gallery folder with the juiciest screenshots of mods and screens and send him that link, so he can see them all in one sitting... I have a feeling he has only seen the tip of the mountain when it comes to what modders have achieved...  :(
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Not a bad idea if it starts small with small additions and is still recognizable as his game.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on April 21, 2017, 07:10:32 AMstill recognizable as his game.

Hmmm...? Nobody is reverse engineering Banished - whatever mods, modders and players do, they do it based on Banished. Luke has allowed and encouraged modding - he should be thrilled seeing how much inspiration people draw from it...  ;)

Necora

@Paeng I think it is a great idea to highlight the diversity and pure amount of content that has been added to the game by modders.

Paeng

Quote from: Necora on April 21, 2017, 12:11:21 PMgreat idea to highlight the diversity and pure amount of content that has been added to the game by modders.

Yeah... I quite regularly search on Banished, and the output is rather poor unless you are deeply involved and know where to look or what to ask auntie google... and I doubt that Luke is very much into that.  ;)

Abandoned

hello, I did not say I did not think it was a good idea.  I meant I think the gallery should show a progression not jump right into what has become almost unrecognizable as Banished.  The modders have done a fantastic job adding to Banished, no one can dispute that.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on April 21, 2017, 07:49:15 AM
Quote from: Abandoned on April 21, 2017, 07:10:32 AMstill recognizable as his game.

Hmmm...? Nobody is reverse engineering Banished - whatever mods, modders and players do, they do it based on Banished. Luke has allowed and encouraged modding - he should be thrilled seeing how much inspiration people draw from it...  ;)

I couldn't agree more with this @Paeng  & @Necora
In my world, the industry I have been in for over a decade, when a game developer, platform designer releases their game with a devkit (mod kit in this instance), it is to see what "joe blow" can do with their game & platform, they release it knowing that what they have created as a foundation will be completely reimagined and completely unrecognisable.

It works in the biggest known way:  brings new gamers / developers / customers to their doorstep and that brings in more money.

What some don't understand is that the modders here are fabulous, but the more work they do, the more that they craft a different world, the more people this game will reach, and the more people will see it and will eventually buy it.

One developer (much, much bigger than Luke) was candid with me when they told me - if it wasn't for the addon market, we'd have to pay for publicity.  They still do, to an extent, but it's the modders who truly bring it to life, and create the buzz for the platform.

Now, in this case, Banished is a niche as the world I am in, the numbers are much smaller, but, the more modders keep breathing life into it, the more the game itself will stay alive - so, unfettered modding is the way moving forward.

Being on Steam now helps, but even that will, over time, slow sales growth, so, the more mods on the steam workshop, the better it is.  Which is also why i suggested the mod the other week, changing the map load screen with screenshots of artists work and listing it on Steam, the more the creativity is shown, the more life there will be in the game.

Any game developer I know, who has released a modkit, they want to see what comes of their creation.

It comes to something when only specific people in the world can recognise a game engine because the game is so heavily modded - land mass, land textures, weather changes, sky changes, cloud changes, colour balancers ...  And even a game exec is stunned that it's their game they are still looking at, then encourages you to do more.

If I'm wrong, sorry Luke, but, I don't think I am - I think there is a part of him that is truly excited to see what is coming out now. 

:)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]