News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

QuoteI hope sincerly that you will enjoy this huge update. It will be also available on Steam in few days, but i am waiting to see if i heard people crashing while applying this update to their saves. As usual, take all the precaution before applying this update :
- Do a special save of your city first. and keep it clear.
- Do a copy of your old version (1.02b) in a safe seperate folder.
- Once that done, apply the patch and launch a new game or load your towns

I allready started building my city, so if i make an special save for it, might still work or not?

pricepay

Tested the mod and I also got the Bug about the Menu getting stuck when I press "Esc"

Ive tried Disabling other mods until NMT is the only one left but still no change.

Divx switch didnt do anything.

Well its not that of a big deal.But I hope it will be fix soon.  :) Anyway Great job and Thank you again Sir Ketchup for this Great Mod. ;D

Im gonna play it now and if i found some other bugs or if the game crashed Ill let you know. ;D

gerns

i had no problem at all but i started a new game, :) i called it red river valley in honor of red for all his hard work

michbret

Hello RedKetchup,

Very nice upgrade ! Thanks for all this nice work.

Chillzz was right about the version numbering problem. See the attached capture. This version is called 1.0

Before upgrading to this new version I was playing with a large town and the following mods were in my winData folder (see attached file). Those that are enabled are in bold + italic font.

I encountered no crash when switching to this new version on this big town.

However I have also the same menu bug as described first by Nilla then Paeng and others about remnants parts of the menu icons.

I confirm what Paeng said. It is related to hitting the escape key which doesn't exit the active menu and go directly to the option menu (save, resume, quit, ...)
I tried it in all configuration combinations (Dx9, Dx11, Windowed, Fullscreen) and got it.

Very nice work Red

Thanks a lot

Michel

RedKetchup

the window tell you 'your save' is a 1.0 not the new one !!! i think how it is written can confuse people, if i would be the developper i would rephrase my window ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

yeah me too i ve got the bug while hitting ESC.

gonna make 1 more test to see if it conform what i think.
gonna get you back on that if it fix or not, but i have an idea

RedKetchup

so it didnt fixed it ^^

that wasnt the problem ^^

i thought that was because the 'game' didnt like the 'red ketchup circle' icons system i put in place. and i repainted all white ^^ and the bug still there ^^

:-\ :-X :-[

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2015, 11:02:43 AMbut i have an idea

I'm so sorry that you have more work with this - and in the end it's maybe one of these %§!"& tiny typos that you can look at a thousand times but still not see it... I'm positive though that you'll squash it  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

DesoPL

Give me few days, and i will show you my city with several small settlements etc. :) All i can said by now is...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on July 03, 2015, 11:40:37 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2015, 11:02:43 AMbut i have an idea

I'm so sorry that you have more work with this - and in the end it's maybe one of these %§!"& tiny typos that you can look at a thousand times but still not see it... I'm positive though that you'll squash it  ;)

i dunno, maybe the game doesnt like to have so many level of toolbar in the custom mods
someone tried to reproduce it with CC by opening high level custom toolbars ? i think the decorative toolbar has alot of level of toolbars that open and open and open and go very high
to see if does the same thing ?

pricepay

hahaha well its no problem when you hit "Esc" the bug will appear even you if you resume it, but when you click other Menus Icon the bug will disappear. Oh and before you click "esc" be sure to click "rk" icon again to close it or it will never disappear.

Hmmm i playing it right now and i found another. Not really a bug but i think a simple error on the graphics. 4x4 canal gates shows road underneath it unlike 6x6 and 8x8

Gordon Dry

@michbret:

Hey, thanks. This is practically the first time that I see anybody using a mod list done with my batch.

The only difference is that you copied it to a .doc file.

RedKetchup

fixes so far :

- fixed the both 4x gates (Old and New) where we were seeing the bottom stone floor through the gate with specific view angles.
- fixed 4x Corner, End, 3way, 4way in both Old and New set where they werent 'digging' enough all around leaving sometime a mount of ground when placed side of certain pieces like Dock, FishingDoc and Trading post.
- fixed the name of new crop seeds (Barley Seeds and Sorghum Seeds).
- fixed Windmill footprint where it shows a road but cannot be placed on a road.
- fixed the size of the footprint of the 3rd floor of the hostel. there wont be a single 1x1 tile that will be 'open' and get a citizen stuck in that tile.
- fixed the 'default' of the blacksmith. they were in "quality order" , where the worst quality came first. so i changed the order and placed the 3 new at the end of the list :)
- fixed issue with the toolbar menu while pressing [ESC] on the keyboard. Thanks @kralyerg .

Those fixes will be available tonight or tommorow in 1.1a

Nilla

I have seen one small thing that might cause some rare problems. It's a bit hard to explain. I'll show it in the picture.

It seems like the third floor of the inn, is one square shorter than the total inn. Normally it wouldn't matter, but if you put buildings on the back side of the inn, it will be a closed "free space" I have seen enough, that people get into such spaces, but never find the way out. To prevent this, I would make the third floor one square longer. If you understand what I mean.

Nilla

I just saw one more small thing; the new larger windmill; there´s something wrong with one of the roads. You can not buid it on an existing road. If I turn it, it´s alright.