News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i tried to get you some pics of the riffle mod. found an odd quirk with the nordic landscape mod. it turns the rocks under the water to lush grass when terraformed.kinda hard to see things with this grass and not the rocky dirt terrain.

the riffle mod has a 25,50,and 75% of a 1 tile drop. plus they are sloped not an abrupt, harsh change. it isn't draggable like the old terrafoprm mod though. it has water tiles but they don't match the lakes or river textures.plus it has mist decorations for around mill wheels. does give you some more options for your dock towns and the side banks for the islands.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=292

Gatherer

That looks really nice. The slopes can be covered with jetties and dock houses here and there but we would need some deco trees and bushes at lower height. I just might give the riffle mod a try in one of my future games.

Does the Nordic Landscape mod work ok with the Pine Set? I'd like to keep the trees from the latter.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 42

EB's market stalls fit really well with the dock textures.

Small pasture awaiting sheep. It was painted with ghosted deco tiles from the MegaMod Deco Pack.
Two small notes to @kid1293 : I'm still using the old version of Workplace Mod with the deco fences. Any chance they could be fixed to not raise ground? The same with the pieces from the Washing Mod.

Lots of flowers and bushes for the bees to collect pollen and nectar.

Fiat panis.

kid1293

Fixed in Workplace 2.01 and Workplace Village 1.11.

Why don't you use Washing Mod Ghosted?

brads3

in those pics i did ast night,i think i sloped it a 25,50,and a 75.with the riffle and the CC,you have options that woud sti slope but use less tiles.it also will give you a tool to make curved banks. where is EB? maybe he can whip up soe deco road tiles that would work at the -1 or -haf tile depth. then you could have grass or rocks or sand etc.EB has some beach deco pieces already set lower than vanilla.

the nordic mod i have only done some quick tests so far. with the RK,the pastures turnedx into a flourescent green square with no grass texture. to solve that i put the nordic below the RK,which would be below the pine mod. far as i know everything worked as far as trees and RED's animals. it does give you a northern cimate still. the nordic mod grass brightens the RK terrain.REDs terrain loads and the game uses the nordic grass to fill in dirt patches.i did like what i saw before yesterday.  did not expect it to change the terrain on terraforming.

i really like the mod manager. when i find glitches or odd mod conflicts, the mod manager lets you change the mods now.granted i wil have to test the changes later but the game is set.RED has done so many changes that i'll be testing for months to set mods up again.

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

kid1293

Do the ghosted stuff level the ground?  ???

Gatherer

Year 44

Not much has been happening here lately. It's more of a reminder to not forget about this village.

More terraforming in the dock town and now we have an anchorage for larger ships.

It turned out ok so far but it's still far from finished.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on January 11, 2019, 03:05:03 PM
Do the ghosted stuff level the ground?  ???

Not just the washing mod pieces. Coverings as well. I think these come with Colonial Resource mod.
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

that is unusual for a ghosted piece. what is the code used for your pieces @kid1293 ?

@Gatherer , does this happen with any other ghosted deco? I've never seen it happen with mine.

kid1293

I had left a

bool _flattenGround = true;

in there from some earlier version. An oversight from me.

A ghosted piece actually has a 0,0 point as reference. That's the peak
you see in Gatherer's picture. I will be more careful.

The coverings are also from WorkPlace Village mod. I have updated yet again!  ;)

Gatherer

Year 47

No merchant was accepting lumber, herbs and bricks at retextured vanilla TP. So it has been replaced with two from DS Trade Merchants mod.

There are still many closed or paused icons hovering over buildings. Still not enough people living on this side of the lake to fill all the jobs needed.
Decision was made to build another DS Fulbert village inland to provide builders needed to complete the docks.

Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

flattenGround = true is the default. So even without it, a ghosted item creates such peaks in water or holes in mountains. Some time ago I had to fix my flag poles and benches and had to add an explicit "bool _flattenGround = false" @Discrepancy.

Gatherer

It also happens with some pieces from @embx61  and @RedKetchup

http://shrani.si/f/43/eg/4pyjRPbA/eb-ghosted-stuff-01.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/3u/9p/3qn3DoDE/rk-ghosted-stuff-01.jpg

But of course these don't naturally belong on the dock jetties anyway.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 49

@Discrepancy @elemental and others who might have followed the discussion in the DS Trade Merchants topic. I think I might have another explanation to disappearing sheep event because it happened again in year 48 and I had to buy additional animals. The pasture can only hold five sheep maximum. Which means there is very little chance for an offspring before one of the older sheep dies. Over time this probably leads to an extinction level event on this pasture. The pasture is just too small and there's no going back anymore. :-[  I will keep it and buy extra sheep when needed.

Kid's beekeper from Workplace Mod. Planters for the flowers are from MegaMod Deco Pack.

The beginings of the second DS Fulbert village. There will be two rows of housing again but with a bigger church than before and no school. Students will have to visit the one on dock town island. There's also a doctor's house from DS Bryggen mod. I went full overboard with deco here.

Closeup on the eastern part of dock town. Bannies will build several jetty houses here and perhaps some house boats.

Two deco ships are planned to be placed in this anchorage.

Cabbage field next to the DS Crest Blacksmith, last seen in year 36, has been replaced with Kid's greenhouse producing peas and a pear orchard.
And lots of deco grass and bushes have been planted as well.

Fiat panis.