News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mods that work with Megamod 8.01

Started by Kyana, September 19, 2018, 11:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyana

Hey,

I am new to banished and im using megamod 8.01, and some small mods like quiet CC and BL no smoke and ridiculous storage.

It seems there are some other/new/updated/ mods that are not in MM 8.01.

I dont like some stuff in mm8.01 or think some stuff is missing so i want to download some more mods here.

Can someone explain to me what mods i can use in addition to MM8.01? Or what i can't?

Thank you, kyana

brads3

i think most will. i am not sure what all is in the MM.you may look at the toolbar and be able to tell what mods you already have. if you do upgrade some put those above the MM.1 thing you should watch is how much the game slows down as you add mods. the MM does take some computer power especially with adding more and more to it.if the bannies start to skip or if your scroll speed slows then you are pushing your computer.
   many times issues are found with playing. keep a TXT file handy to note what issues you have if any.then in between games you can try to adjust mod orders to fix.keeping notes as you play helps.

i know the Blackliquid team has a lot of hours in to get the MM to work.may issues should have been worked out by now. when you say there are upgrades to the mods included with the MM remember ther may have been tweaks to get that mod to function with all the others.so attempting to upgrade it may have mixed results.you might gain more buildings and textures but you might also offset any alterations that CC did to it. many times adding mods is a give an take. we gain somethings and others might not work.it is really lots of trial and errors. there may be cases where the upgraded mod works better below the MM.if the upgrade adds buildings or textures,it ight add to the other.

i have never used the MM. if they did not put the mods under a community icon button then the upgrades would function separetly anyhow. if that is how they put it together, then you can add below it. you should check the recommendations they wrote for the compatability mod.that was designed to help issues before.

Kyana

Thanks for replying.

Without any mods i start having scroll issues/laggy stuff at around 400 population.. I have geforce gtx 1050 laptop.

I also have this with megamod, but starts with 100 population at x10speed.

I do play on a "very large" map. Does that matter?

Also, i don't know what "bannies" are :P i googled for translations but its not helpfull.. What do you mean with bannies skipping?

galensgranny

"Bannies" are what we on this forum call the people in the game.  They were banished, so it is like a nickname, instead of saying "the people in the game".

rkelly17

Quote from: Kyana on September 19, 2018, 08:34:02 PM
Without any mods i start having scroll issues/laggy stuff at around 400 population.. I have geforce gtx 1050 laptop.

I also have this with megamod, but starts with 100 population at x10speed.

I do play on a "very large" map. Does that matter?

@Kyana, I think that your CPU probably has more effect on lag than GPU. Amount of RAM may also be a factor. I'm using MegaMod and about 10-12 other mods on a GTX 950 and I don't get lag until 500-600 population on 10X. My CPU is i5 6600K currently at stock speed with 16 GB RAM. Map size is a factor. I usually play on Colonial Charter extra-large maps. I am not sure, but I think that the number of trading posts and, therefore, the number of merchants on the river, may be a factor in lag. Never tested rigorously, but just eye-balling it.

Kyana

I have the same issue on my brothers gaming laptop (gtx1060). It also has 16ram and my laptop had 8 vram.

I can play Ark Survival Evolved on both laptops with pretty good visualization and not much fps lag at all and that game is insane to run on computers. Dont understand why a game like this makes my game spikey.

Btw i figured out on my own what bannies are :'D it took me some time to realize lol.

I did notice that ducks make my game lag so i avoid getting them, and chicken.. They move so much.