News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workplace V1.2 for 1.0.6

Started by kid1293, February 09, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

this is great @kid1293

Once I have got a few of my mods sorted and released I am going to take a break and instead play Banished with all of these new mods that you have released :)

a fully forested map awaits.

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on February 16, 2017, 01:25:48 AM

Soap maker - makes sense. Herbs and what more? Becomes a health product.

Soap is made from a fat or an oil plus lye. The internet says lye can be made from wood ash so it's not hard to believe that Banished villagers could make it if they wanted to. No need to add lye to the game, just assume it's there.

Soap could be made from tallow (available in CC) or vegetable oil or even from milk. I'm no expert on soap making but it seems that milk soaps are made from a mixture of milk and oil, not from milk alone. So there are a few options you can play around with. Soap could make a good export product, not just a health product.

(just thinking about how the game works... you feel a bit poorly so you go and get yourself a bar of soap and then you go and see the herbalist. and then you feel better! it seems strange, maybe even silly - but I'm not saying that soap is a bad idea. i think it's a good idea.)

Hawk

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 15, 2017, 10:32:05 PM
--  Market?  I use your "Tiny Market" everywhere on my maps, but, I find in these little farming outposts that they are a bit big.  I also use the Puzzle market, but that requires a lot of workers. :(

Quote from: kid1293 on February 16, 2017, 01:25:48 AM
Market - I have a smaller market in my Rowhouse mod (4x4). I can hi-jack that one.

Not to take away from Kid's great work (I use your Rowhouses a lot  :) ) but I believe your Rowhouse Market is a tad bigger than the Tiny Market. Then there's the mini-market from the Mini-Buildings 7 mod over at BlackLiquid.

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

I come to the doctor with a broken leg - Wash it, he says. :)

I agree. Health Soap is maybe not so good.

I will look at markets when I have the time.
But I can see from the picture that BL market is very small.

Here are some gates.

Hawk

Kid - Don't take that as a suggestion to make your market smaller. I like it just the way it is.  :)
It's just that the mini-market is great at the start of a map as it only needs either 8 or 10 logs to build, but I prefer your market as I get further into a map; as the community grows.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

No worry. I don't intend to build another market.
After all it does not produce anything. This mod is (should be)
about small spots to get some work done.

And I don't plan to build anything complicated involving CC resources.
Right now all I want is an ale. :)
So, some sort of big barrel with a tap sounds good. I'll come back.

Necora

Interesting about soap. I was going to make it out of pine pitch, but maybe as a more generic 'health box' type of thing, with herbs and other goodies mixed in.

Never thought about it not being a good fit for health, maybe it could be a luxury item? Although then it can only be consumed at a tavern... I've never been to a tavern for a wash.

And the toolbar, haha yeah, I don't have very many mods and even I have a lot to do.

QueryEverything

Over here in Aussie world sheep's milk soap & goats milk soap are in vogue, alas our ingame sheep don't milk, nor do we have goats (presently).  I would put it under health, it helps kill bacteria (admittedly science has shown that too much washing can be harmful to ones health), but, for the 'norm', it would work in the health category.

At the very least the pasture muckers should wash their hands ...  peeewwwwiiiiieeeeee ....  ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on February 16, 2017, 04:53:24 AMHealth Soap is maybe not so good.

It could make a cute little chain...

Profession: Washing Person
Workplace: recycle your washing mod
Materials: Herbs, Oil (from any of the existing presses, e.g. Embx, or build one)
Output: soap - luxury, trade (health is okay also, imo - clean citizens are healthier citizens)

:)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 16, 2017, 05:53:08 AM
peeewwwwiiiiieeeeee ....  ;)

Are you OK?

Goats are coming...

I think it works for health too.

RedKetchup

i already tried to deal with soap in NMT and the  bath house...

was nice to see citizen to take a soap and go take their bath !!

but the problem with soap as "health flag" ...
i was disgusted to see citizens taking a soap and go make a yummy herbal tea at the apothecary EWKKKKKK , ROFL
" Mammy, look ! i make bubbles when i talk !!! "
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

Maybe it is the apothecarist's job to help them with those hard to reach places...

brads3

it would be nice if there was a way for the banis to use items like households,candles,soap somehow. it would also be good and more important if the happiness mattered more to the game. when ban is idle is there a way to have them use an item or just control where they go to idle? there  are several things that get sent to the trader that the banis don't use themself.the idea of soap is good unless it becomes 1 more item that either takes up storage or is sent to the trader. is there a way to have houses use something like they use firewood? so each house uses furniture,candles,etc??  it seems this was not thought of in developing the game. without the ability to use an item it really has very little purpose.

Abandoned

@kid1293 the only important thing missing that I can think of would probably go better with your tiny mod or forest outpost and that is a tiny school room.  Using the 1:1 aging mod a school needs to built right away.  I have been using Kralyrgs mini school that hold 5 students and then later building tany's village school that is a small wood cabin that holds 12 students and matches woodland settings pretty well.  A tiny or forest school holding 5 or even 3 students would be a good addition, great for small map and mountain starts.  Maybe one for each set  :)

kid1293

Sure @Abandoned , I put it in to-do list and you know I like a good idea.
But it won't be released until I got my mods converted for the new toolbar.

edit - in the meantime - Garden party!