News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Greenhouse for Grains

Started by twilightbreeze, January 07, 2020, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Ok, still have an problem. The Bakery Garden mod does not have it's own crop and orchard sets. Do you mean, use the vanilla ones with your mod?
The only greenhouses that do work are the Nursery, Pumpkin Greenhouse, and Hothouse. The other ones appear to be deco only and do not protect crop fields or orchards from the year around snow.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Abandoned

No, no other crop needed.  Place one of the farm plots and click on the little attached shed.  That is where you pick which crop you want to grow.  Then you can either put some deco crops on it or put a greenhouse roof over it.  It will produce the chosen crop year round.

twilightbreeze

Ok, I feel stupid, lol. Never used those because I thought they were just small sheds. Ok, problem fixed. Thank you. Only thing I could ask for is a revamp to include all the vanilla seeds too.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

twilightbreeze

Yeah, see the bakery wants Apple, Cherry, Peach and Pear to make pies, and Berries, which have to be gathered and is rather minimal to cook with. But none of the plot choices are for those. So, I will be able to make breads, but not pies with those options.

kid1293

Hi. I see your point about pies.
I made the plots for crops only. No trees. I never knew I would make an all-snow mod.

Maybe the mango wasn't such a good decision. (from the Hothouse)
I could maybe change it to apple trees.

Sorry to say, I am not into it right now. I know I have a few apple producers.
Gothic Farm has a beekeeper. Bed Breakfast has a plaza. ...and some Hedgerows here and there.
But nothing in a greenhouse...

Abandoned

:) Bakery Garden mods includes everything to make pumpkin pie at the bakery.  The original Bakery& Garden grew Red's crops.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=335

The updated Bakery & Garden Alt v1.01 changed to vanilla crops to grow, and the fruit greenhouse has plum trees and berry bushes.  Reading the download information for both mods gives all the information needed.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=533

Edit - any desired fruits or vegetable can always be obtained from the trading posts if not grown by normal means.

kid1293

I am a total fool!
I had a version with plum trees but I misplaced it and it never made it when I made an update.
Now I have fixed my error and you have plum trees again in Bakery Garden mod.

Please download the new version and enjoy the Fruit House with plum trees and berries!

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=533

Abandoned

:) Thanks @kid1293 for mod repair. 

Added note - the bakery in Alt version makes bread, nut bread, oat cookies, pumpkin pie, and fruit pie with apple, cherry, plum, or berries.