News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Christmas already?

Started by kid1293, July 20, 2017, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@kid1293

The Grapes sources are in the Laboratory. Do with them as you wish :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

twilightbreeze

You can also do sugarplums. Which, actually, are NOT sugar coated plums!!

"According to candy historians and the Oxford English Dictionary, a sugar plum is a comfit—that is, a seed, nut, or scrap of spice coated with a layer of hard sugar, like the crunchy outer case of an M&M. In the 17th century, popular innards for comfits included caraway, fennel, coriander, and cardamom seeds, almonds, walnuts, ginger, cinnamon, and aniseed. Comfits are thought to be one of the world's oldest sugar candies.

Comfits were tricky to make. The sugar coatings had to be gradually built up over time, first adding sugar syrup with a special funnel (called a "pearling funnel" or "cot"), then shimmying the candies in a hot pan. This process-called "panning"—had to be repeated for hours or days on end, until up to 30 layers of sugar had been added to the mix. Comfits, since they were massively labor-intensive, were pricey. Sugar plums were originally snacks for aristocrats."

Link: http://theplate.nationalgeographic.com/2014/12/23/visions-of-sugarplums/

Since they used a "sugar syrup" I don't think it would go far off tradition to use honey, especially since that would have been easier to get than refined sugar back then.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.