News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Lehighwood

Started by brads3, October 05, 2018, 04:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 42-43

we acquired peach seed.in  spring, 2 pear and 1 peach orchard can be planted. the tool and clothing limits were raised.firewood should start to increase.we build a school for the miners children.this is our 3rd.

the 13 nomads arrive and will work to build the railroad.there are 9 adult workers and 4 children.they need 4 houses and roads.an EB material market will store the materials as they clear land to lay tracks.a cemetary is cleared and a storage barn added.soon we can begin to build the many taverns.

pic 1:miner's school
pic 2: EB store
pic 3:RR worker houses
pic 4: south cemetary and more houses

brads3

YEAR 44-45

the pine forest has produced enough pine boughs to build the pine kiln. this will make the charcoal for the sap. the sap will be used to make apple cider and then maple whiskey.checking our inventory we have plenty of corn,the mill and bakery will double workers.there are plenty of roots. a Pilgrim's Rest will be our 1st tavern to produce root beer. with the nomads housed,more housing for our graduates can be built.an outbreak of yellow fever slows down our progress.our doctot works hard but the disease claims 3 lives.

we trade for dairy cows and leghorns.the leghorns stay in the holding pen while we clear another pasture.our mine village expands to produce steel tools and glass.a jail was added to our main village.we acquired barley seed. we will use this to produce ales and whiskeys and save some of our corn.our goal is to produce 5000 food more than we need per year to use toward ales.   

pic 1: maple whiskey still,cider press, and pine kiln
pic 2: dairy pasture
pic 3:glass factory and miner's BS
pic 4:east RR tunnel

brads3

STORAGE SYSTEM

lets look at the storage markets.this has been debated off and on.i think it has improved considerably since the last upgrade. modders have made changes and most don't store the fertizer anymore.

the original stock pile is still here. it with the original barn should store everything.to make sure we didn't overfill it,the industrial barn was built.it is handy for logs and stone.the village markets were built to move and combine the food groups to improve health. for many years,1vendor worked to stock all 3 of them.now they are all staffed with 1 worker as well as the 2 log depots and industrial markets. they do have some odd items from time to time in small quantities.this is due to the old my precious mod using the textile flag. they also stock maple sap that is inedible and flour which is questionable. the flour should be edible with this mod order but no houses are storing it.the houses do have bread,corn and rye.the inedibles aren't overfilling the markets and the houses do show a mixture of foods.

the industrial market does store a variety of materials. it has copper ore which should be under the new flags.the more coal it stores from the mines the less coal that ends up dumped off at the log depots.that is 1 thing i have to counter. coal can fill the log depots and slow down the sawmills.normally if the coal gets to be a problem,i move it to a trade post.the new covered RK pile will store materials that the industrial barn might not.the EB material store to the south,is not staffed. it is there for the railroad workers to store materials while the clear land and build the tracks.

i did scatter the blacksmith shops and sawmills to help keep the farther away workers supplied.the inventory does show 2 types of flax.the flax from the pine forest and gardens are not the same.if the odd flax gets overstocked, a pine mod shop can be built to process it.the flax patch might allow the workplace tailor to use both.to me the pine material shed stores more types of materials than the RK forest barn.it does not store food thou.so there is a mixture of both and some other sheds.

overall we should be able to store anything.the workers are all busy and no barns are full.storing and moving items works fine. there is a little issue with the trading.some merchants can be picky about what goods they will take. the railroad is a 1.06 mod so will not move the newer flagged goods. if we do get a surplus of some odd items, a more universal tradingpost will have to be built.the new options for the forests combined with wharehouses and a variety of markets works quite well. the modders have worked hard to improve the storage systems.been some really good gains to it in just the last year.

over time i did notice the wildwest corner store starts to store more in-edible maple sap and less fruits.this doesn't happen to the other 2 markets. health never goes down enough for it to be a problem.

brads3

YEAR 46-47

spring is always busy.check inventory and adjust trading.find the builders and check housing needs.then try to plan forward.the railroad workers are steadily laying more track. we adjust miners to produce more iron and add a foundry to process the iron ore. the iron was used up building the tracks.

we did trade for pigs. our meat production has improved with eggs and milk. 1 worker will remain at the livestock TP to stock gold bars and coal.it can  begin to move goods and ales for the train.

the pig pasture was cleared and more houses and storage built.the railroad now has a water tower and DS storage market.tracks extend thru another mountain tunnel an EB winery can start to processes grapes.our 3rd alcohol producer is finally completed.

pic 1:iron foundry
pic 2:pig pasture
pic 3:RR water tower and DS storage
pic 4:EB winery

brads3

YEAR 48-49

even with the iron shortage,i was quick enough with adjustments to avoid a tool shortage.food production dropped off from the 5000 surplus to almost even.this wasn't a concern as workers were moving and a greenhouse was planned. glass was being produced for it. the dairy pasture is half full,chickens and beef are full and we did take on pigs.as the pine forest produces more charcoal, a 2nd sap boiler can make more maple syrup. 

12 nomads arrive.this group is the right size.they can stay and work on producing a trade good.the railroad is an older mod so it won't ship new items.we don't want to trade away food and logs.we will increase coal and salt outputs and grow herbs. a clinic near the south cemetary will be built with some herb gardens.of course the next nomad group is only 8.with so much construction going on, they decide not to stay

by the time the 1st greenhouse is completed,there is enough glass for the 2nd to be started.these will grow vegetables.the 1st is set to carrots.the next will grow potatoes.there is more than enough fertilizer from the pastures to supply them.if needed i do have KID's greenhouses they won't technically use the fertilizer and water,but do give different options.

the railroad had to be reconfigured.i had ran tracks to line them up thru the mountains and didn't leave space for trains.tracks had to be finished before they could be removed.there was no way to cancel the build order.the utility export station will handle ales,beer,tools,and herbs.that will still leave whiskeys,cider,root beer,wine,and mead.the material export claims it will take brick and roof tiles as well as coal,stone and iron. i doubt it will since the brick is under the new flags. it can move coal.we'll build another utility export. 1 can sell ales and the other herbs or beer.the textile export says it will move salt,beeswax,fur,as well as leather coats.remember the railroad is a 1.06 mod so some of this is questionable.in a quick test,the station did store some salt. a second textile station will be built to deal with furs or leathercoats.
        an Old Town tavern  makes ale from we now produce apple cider,maple whiskey,pear ale,grape wine,and rootbeer.

pic 1:2nd sap boiler
pic 2:greenhouse
pic 3:south clinic with 2 herb gardens
pic 4:salt mine
pic 5: Old Town stone tavern
pic 6 rr export stations

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 370,193 working adults,68 students,and 109 children.66% educated in 35 houses.our production outputs continue to improve.the main blacksmith shops only allow 1worker.the RK sawmill could use a 3rd worker.all our pastures are full except the pigs.they produce more than fertilizer than the 2 greenhouses use.

our primary focus has been to lay tracks for the railroad and begin making the different ales. we have an apple cider press,maple whiskey still,Pilgrim's Rest,EB winery,and Old Town stone tavern. several export stations are completed and worker houses are being built.3 groups of nomads arrived to help. 1 planted the pine forest and began the whiskey process.1 has laid tracks and built the export stations.the 3rd group grows herbs for the south hospital and started a salt mine.

more miners were sent to dig minerals. a foundry to process the iron ore waas added and we expanded to produce glass.after many years, we are finaly gaining at a much better pace. once the tracks are fixed,we will add a trade post for odd items.then we can build the other taverns.

pic 1: year 50 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph

brads3

YEAR 50

there is more sap produced than the boilers can take.all syrup is being processed into maple whiskey.the sap s being stored by the WW store and shorting the villagers on fruit. a 3rd still can be built.hopefully there is enough charcoal to operate it.a wharehouse will be used to store some of the sap.that should take it out of inventory and the markets will then store more fruit. the other markets are not storing the sap,just the main ww corner store.a 3rd worker has been hired at the north RK sawmill and a 2nd to the rr wood cutter to increase firewood.

the next step is tricky. this map was started before RED made me find the TP glitch.i think i can build it if i don't click on it.if i click on it, i crash. it is a simple fix really. drop the TP fix mod and move all 1.06 TP mods below the RK.since i don't have the faithful dock TP to send all odd goods,this will do.if it fails,i will go to plan B or C. 1 is the canal TP or add another KID TP. hopefully this will take care of the picky merchant boats.

in the middle of all this,11 nomads arrive. they can add to our labor count for now.there is enough work to keep them busy.with their help work was quickly done.the train stations are put to work while supplies are moved from the livestock TP to the new larger TP.and yes i can click on it once it was built.

pic 1:sap wharehouse
pic 2: 3rd sap boiler
pic 3: main TP to move items that the train won't
pic 4: train engine with storage and a caboose for housing
pic 5: export stations outputs
pic 6: engine imports

brads3

YEAR 51

all but the beer exporter are set to work.i'll let this train operate for a year to see how smoothe it functions.the railroad workers can finish the train and extend thru another mountain.we did need to adjust the trading as the large RK post wouldn't stock the rootbeer and maple whiskey.guess the worker wanted help . a 3rd worker was sent to the large TP to speed up the stocking.the 2nd train engine works to bring in firewood.

the south village grew adding a school and a market.a mill and bakery were built for the farmers to the northeast.the miner's now have a tiny market.2 SLINK farmers markets will supply the outer forests.

after the year,we do show an excess of coins.some items like salt and leather coats were stockpiled so the outputs of some exporting will drop. however, do think we will need to expand the train yard and add 2 more engines to use up the coins.

pic 1:south village school and market
pic 2:miner market
pic 3: west slink market
pic 4:east slink farm market
pic 5: 2nd mill and bakery
pic 6: rr imports

brads3

YEAR 52

to increase our food outputs,more fields are planted and a 3rd greenhouse is built. it will grow peppers. a GF beekeeper works near the pear orchards. a butcher will be added near the pig pasture.  the 8 nomads that arrive this year will become laborers.   we continue adding houses and storage.

the railroad did use half the excess coins. leather coat exports and ale has slowed down.it has brought in over 900 venison but i can not locate it. the houses do not show much and none is stored.only issue seems to be finding a trading post to take the maple whiskey.the 3rd sap boiler did allow the bannies to have syrup and there is no extra sap.the wharehouse has sent over half of its stock back to the boilers.

pic 1: 3rd RK greenhouse,1 well supplies them
pic 2:more fields and farmhouses
pic 3 wood butcher for the pork and a beekepper garden

brads3

YEAR 53-54

11 nomads arrive in spring.the last group increased the labor count to over 20 supplying 10 builders.now we need to increase food and iron and more logs and firewood. 2  are sent to help the miners.several KID 6x4 greenhouses are planned along the north shore of the lake.turnips,cucumbers,peas,and broccoli will be grown.a 4th RK greenhouse will grow blueberries
      the main TP started to stock maple whiskey,wine, and some cider.the smaller 1 is stocking rootbeer.the railroad added 1 engine to bring in potatoes.the train used up the iron again causing construction to slow down.

a white swan tavern makes peach cider.we added bridges across the west stream.the south bridge was widened. the mining village added a candle shop.these miners do hate working in the dark.

pic 1:KID greenhouses
pic 2:4th RK greenhouse
pic 3:3rd train engine buys potatoes
pic 4: candle shop
pic 5: White Swan tavern making peach cider

brads3

YEAR 55

The trade balance is working well. we have 500 coins.what coins comes in each year is spent back none of the tavens are overproducing.  the fields are far enough away to limit them.a 3rd worker helps at the large TP and more goods will be sent.we are using more food than we produce but part of that has gone to stock new houses.

we send workers west across the stream.2 CC orchards are planned to the northwest,a cherry and grape. 1 gatherer and a hunter  will work between the 2.

a workplace still was added to the taverns.it can make mead from honey.the rr workers dug 2 mines a small DS iron ore and a vanilla iron and coal. soon they will need more housing for workers.they also added firewood storage and a records office.

we ran out of coins and made several adjustments. the textile export switches from leather coats  to furs.2 more miners are sent to the salt mine.the beer exporter will send herbs for now.     

pic 1: northwest orchard forest construction
pic 2: nw gatherer and hunter
pic 3:train yard vanilla and a Ds iron ore mine
pic 4: workplace brewer

brads3

YEAR 56

at the yearly meeting,it is noted that we need more food. several fields are being cleared.another beekeeper is planned.the candle shop needs more beeswax.the greenhouses report they are finally using almost as much fertilizer as the pastures produce.a 5th greenhouse and a 2nd well will be added to use up the excess.there is over 6500 fertilizer in storage.all this even as construction continues to the northwest forest.the railroad will add some pine townhouses.

a 3rd sawmill and log depot will increase our firewood.the fodder meadow has doubled in size to help also.

pic 1:2nd GF beekeeper
pic 2: 5th RK greenhouse and 2nd working well
pic 3:new sawmill
pic 4: 2nd fodder meadow
pic 5: train office and food storage

brads3

YEAR 57

a wood Old Towne tavern will make more ale from blueberries.the Midnight Heart tavern makes ale from peaches.the Autumn leaves will use wheat. the Corn Crib of course uses corn to make whiskey. counting the maple whiskey and cider there are now 11 different alcohol producers. a pub is set up but we lack ingredients to make any meals.

i did find the bannies like to use the railroad tunnels as a road path.good thing is they know when the trains come and never get run over.

we need brick and candles for more construction.

pic 1:barn pub,wood Old Town tavern,and Midnight heart tavern
pic 2:Autumn Leaves tavern and Corn Crib
pic 3: pine townhouse row

brads3

YEAR 58

we decide to allow the 13 nomads to stay this year.the south fodder meadow needs workers and more crop fields are planned also.

a double beach was aded to the south shore of the lake.a park and play area sets to the left of it.since a monestary does produce alcohol,it was built to make wine.
        the railroad village added a DS coal mine and a GF blacksmith to make steel tools. with the tonwhouses  built, workers are sent to the mines. i really like how DS compliments the railroad mod with these additions.always neat when 1 modder expands another modders sets.

pic 1: itzba houses
pic 2: double beach
pic 3: DS mine
pic 4 monestary produces wine

brads3

YEAR 59

since the merchants haven't brought brick,a clay pit and kiln are needed. the bannies wanted a church near the start village.i do wish the kiln would have options to use coal or charcoal instead of just firewood. a tiny chopper will work to supply it. the new train engine will bring in tools for the year.

at the end of the year,i made some adjustments with the engines.checking the pricing we can get better deals.the venison is switched to taking in milk.and the tools are switched to firewood.we take potatoes and firewood with the other 2.this should improve the inputs.

one issue i have noted now and then,the red coal bin engine gets stuck in a loop.the engine near the export stations,has done this several times.carries 500 coins back and forth from the engine to a barn. the engine already had 500 coins. the barn did allow him to store the coins.i even added some crates and a storage cart.he does this as the farther away engines need coins.at the time there was plenty of coins in storage. just a weird loop.  if i didn't notice im stuck,his inputs went down for those years.

fertilizer is still producing faster than the 5 greenhouses use it.i did find the holding pen without animals or a worker produced 40.
it was still set to pigs,so i switched the setting to milk cows.

the my precious mine was used up and is bering dug deeper.

pic 1: brick kiln and clay pit
pic 2: old church
pic 3: beach park
pic 4: 4th train engine,