News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Arbors and water lilies

Started by tanypredator, January 31, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@tanypredator I agree with @brads3 I would rather have the snow if they are there in winter.  The look just beautiful.

I tested all the arbors.  The problem seems only to be on the first wood ground one I built.  I built another across the bridge, that looks okay from all angles and so do all the other ones I built both on land and water.  So perhaps that first corner is on slightly raised land.    I don't know if flattening is necessary.

brads3

take RED's fire mod add a verticle torch to the corner with the raised ground and then <the hard part> re click on the torch and remove it.

tanypredator

Quote from: brads3 on February 09, 2017, 11:43:49 AM
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1024-texture-transparency/&do=findComment&comment=4586 TANY does that info help?

Thank you, brads3, I know, how to make transparent textures, but that has nothing to do with snow. Both transparent planes and solid objects can be covered with snow, but it covers horizontal surfaces, and only slightly covers vertical ones. Here is how irises look at winter. The only thing I can do, is to remove them from Decorations pack and put into New Flora pack, and to try to make them like reeds, but disappearing at winter and respawning at spring.

elemental

Please release them as part of the decorations pack. They look great with your water lilies.

Abandoned

I agree, they look fine, the green isn't overpowering, with warmer than air water the snow would be partially melted anyways. Since they aren't edible or harvestable like new flora I think keep with deco pack.  The look great.  Some cat tails would be nice too :)

tanypredator

Quote from: Abandoned on February 10, 2017, 04:53:41 AM
I agree, they look fine, the green isn't overpowering, with warmer than air water the snow would be partially melted anyways. Since they aren't edible or harvestable like new flora I think keep with deco pack.  The look great.  Some cat tails would be nice too :)

New reed is among my plans :) Since I'm not using CC or MM, and that reeds are a little too big and bright to me.

tanypredator

Quote from: elemental on February 09, 2017, 09:20:17 PM
Please release them as part of the decorations pack. They look great with your water lilies.

Done :)

taniu

Wonderful mod. I love the forest and flowers. I am very happy . Thank you with all my heart