News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid's Mods

Started by qubesquared, August 21, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

@DesoPL - I will take a look at the swamp now.
I don't want a full hospital but a small herbalist.
If there is a need for a hospital I can maybe change later.

A chapel of some kind. More like a place of worship and not a church.

I have real-life and summer so be patient :)

kid1293

@DesoPL and @Abandoned

I talked with Abandoned about a Swamp Herbalist and she thought it would be better
to use the Workplace herbalist and make a new Swamp Doctor.
I can see the need if you run with disasters on.

So, this is a 5x4 Swamp Clinic for 14 patients.

Abandoned

@kid1293 Hospital looks great.  Thanks @DesoPL for suggesting it.  :)  Good timing.  :)

kid1293

Hi. Here is another picture. I am not sure the chapel really fits in with the swamp mod.
I made it rather neutral. Like a place for meeting and meditation.

There will be an update to Swamp Thing later. I have to add these new buildings (maybe)
to the Swamp Houses mod too.

Please, comment on the picture. I am rather left in the dark what you want :)

CookieBarrel

Not sure what I was expecting before clicking on the swampChapel jpg But I rather like it. :)
The SwampClinic may I suggest A voodoo witch doctor or some such thing. Perhaps a building similar to the tree stump from Forest Deep (Never mind it already looks fine besides Swamp Things houses). Or another swamp pond but with staffs and shrunken head type things.
Aagh, not much help here! :-\

Ooh, just of thought of something! A doctor houseboat. 8)

Kristahfer

Really like the Chapel. Hoping the sign on the doctor's building is removable.

kid1293

@CookieBarrel - Too many cookies! Hold your horses.
There are small and nice bannies living in the swamp.
Witch doctors and shrunken heads next year. :) ...maybe.

@Kristahfer - I feel I have to have a sign there. The building looks
too much of a residential building if I remove it.
Is it very out of place?

I am not sure of any of these buildings. I leave them for now.
I need more input. It is me and Abandoned against a world of pain. ;)
(couldn't resist that one)  ;D ;D

Abandoned

No pain, no gain.  ;D Both buildings are fine @kid1293   I think @DesoPL will be pleased, at least I hope so.  :)

brads3

my thinking is we need to reinvent the churches to banieshed. a few have been done that are less churchy and more of a meeting type place for them to hang out and be happy.in the case of your swmap something along those lines might be better suited.

not saying to redo your hard work at all. thinking more for future ideas. in banished a church doesn't have to be religeous. we can think outside the box so to speak as long as it adds happiness.    maybe a park that has a caretaker/cleric and adds happiness.

ever see the old emporium market building? it worked as a market but looked like a hunting lodge.something similar would work for the forest or meadow workers.

Abandoned

yes, unless you are using mods that cause unhappiness, happiness buildings and workers are unnecessary and useless.  None of Kid's mods cause unhappiness.   He did however make a KW HappySquare for those needing happiness, just add deco flowers or bench for happy park.  A varied and balanced diet works best.  Building wells and markets also helps I believe.

Find Happy Square in Kid's Workshop:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3615.0

galensgranny

I really like the "covering" version.  It would be nice in a park, sort of like a gazebo.  Maybe with some different roof colors so it is not only for a swamp.

Abandoned

wow, this really got me thinking, @kid1293???  Unhappiness really should be added to appropriate buildings.  Tiny mine and quarry, the blacksmiths that make noise and certainly the railway that burns coal and pollutes the air. I am sure there must be more.  :-\  hmmm

brads3

that would lead to a totally different path for you,Abandoned. the setup i have now works except the crowding of churches causes a slowdown of the bannies.they don't show unhappy but they act it. hence the need for churches that aren't churchy looking but do require cleric workers.

have you tried the DS industry mod? that with TOM's North would give you some ideas as to how the happiness works.

am really grateful to KID for the education patch. that has helped the Settlement series flow and move along quite well. subtle little mod but a huge improvement.

Abandoned

ha ha, I avoid and eliminate mods that make me unhappy.  :D  If you don't like the unhappiness don't use it.  Perhaps DS and Tom will make more happiness mods  :) 

brads3

which way do you plan to go or are you confusing yourself? i figured you would stay away from the unhappiness or happy system. what makes the system challenging is when you or I,since it is me that does it, add and mix mods. it changes the way the bannies react and what the player sees. difficult to tell what is going on til it causes issues. challenging can be fun thou.

we need DS to come back. then he can give us the happiness system as a patch to work above the other mods.as for KID turning the happiness on or unhappiness on,it would be helpful to have the radiuses to see where the building affects are.many of his buildings still have some affects with them but no circles show.

the mod setup i have now is working well. it really doesn't make the game too difficult. took a while to figure out 1 glitch. if churches get full then teh bannies go on strike. i had to disable a church til the next was built.i do think there may be more affects that are subtle and hardly noticeable. i do think houses use more firewood with the DS industry mod.