News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Wow, thank you.  :)  That is excellent, that makes sense, and certainly explains some of the actions I had been seeing with the Bannies, some navigating edges, others not.  Some entering storage, others not.  I had managed to figure most of it out (I do have to say that your descriptions in the menus are excellent, it was just the couple I was a little lost on), but this is excellent. 

I certainly appreciate this @Discrepancy and I feel a bit like an ass, you went to a great deal of effort, and I thank you very much for that.  I know that took a lot of time to do it!! 

But - that makes an excellent roadmap for future Docks lands. 

I will also say this - those little 1z1 walkway storage items - OMG - they are just amazeballs, all my docks have those everywhere, I rarely ever use other dock pieces because of their usefulness.  Small & fiddly, but definitely worth building them everywhere they are very unique!!

*bookmarks page ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

adelegarland

@Discrepancy
Hi! I've got a request...   The fishing Bridge,love it for startup towns, use it on every little stream and river to get them across and for food.   But, can you make it into a two and three section version?  So we can place one, two or three of them without having to place each separately...  I seem to get them misaligned a lot.  Old age.
Thanks! ;D
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

GraveDigger388

Hello, new member here.

To put it simply, I love Banished, along with it's mods. And of course, the aforementioned mods include this piece. I use this along with Necora's and CC dock sets. Lovely.

However, I'm sad to report that I've discovered a sort of 'bug', namely the Diagonal Truss Bridge. Bannies will surely jump under the water whenever they walk over it.

Glenn

This happens with all the dock sets.

What you need to do is place the two plank angle piece from CC into the corner where the dock pieces meet at right angles.

Having done so your people will no longer jump up and down into the water when they walk around a corner

DS has a much larger angle piece that does the same job

GraveDigger388

No, I fortunately know about corners.

Diagonal jetties make bannies drop, but I figured my way around, by slapping the tiny corner pieces along the sides. Diagonal truss bridge, on the other hand, prevents me doing so. I tried to put corner pieces along it's side, but it's impossible. The bridge's footprint (which I believe is 3x3) makes it so.

Glenn

Discrepancy

UPDATED:

v1.02

v1.02 -  15122017  --  new additions & bug fixes.
              - Added 2x2 storage option for Firewood (woodFuel).
              - made changes to the floors of the diagonal bridges - citizens will still drop down while traversing between 2 sides of the bridge, I believe because the bridges meet at the points, the extended floor does not work.
              - changes to DS menu.
              - other code changes, text fixes.

adelegarland

Hi @Discrepancy - Just tried to download this new version and cannot get it unpacked, keeps stalling at about 50%.  I thought it was my computer so tried my other one and same thing.  Thanks!

Hawk

I just downloaded the 1.02 version and it unpacked fine for me. I use 7-Zip.

Is the download failing at 50% or is it the unpacking failing at 50%? You said you tried to download, then you said you cannot get it unpacked, so I just wanted to clarify the issue.  :)

You might have got an incomplete download. The rar file should be 29 MB (30,420,861 bytes).
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

adelegarland

Quote from: Hawk on December 15, 2017, 08:26:08 AM
I just downloaded the 1.02 version and it unpacked fine for me. I use 7-Zip.

Is the download failing at 50% or is it the unpacking failing at 50%? You said you tried to download, then you said you cannot get it unpacked, so I just wanted to clarify the issue.  :)

You might have got an incomplete download. The rar file should be 29 MB (30,420,861 bytes).

yes it is 29.0 mb and the unpacking is failing at 50%.  using raropener   -  i'll look for 7-zip and try again!  thanks

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on December 15, 2017, 11:21:27 AM
yes it is 29.0 mb and the unpacking is failing at 50%.  using raropener   -  i'll look for 7-zip and try again!  thanks

rar files has been made by WinRar. i suggest you to use that, they have 100% fully operational trial use
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

@RedKetchup   you are right, WinRar worked like a charm..  I even splurged and bought a license.   :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on December 15, 2017, 12:18:24 PM
@RedKetchup   you are right, WinRar worked like a charm..  I even splurged and bought a license.   :P

bah thats a nice addition to your computer programs. you were not obligated to buy a license. they arent mean with trials. just a splash window to tell you to buy it after 30days which can be close. always full 100% operational even after years.

Hawk

After years of using WinRAR and WinZip, I much prefer 7-Zip, and it's free. I no longer need the other two as 7-Zip does what those two do and more.
You can even peek inside exe files with 7-Zip, along with other file compression formats.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

WinRar do also WinZip :)
and .iso extraction too (which often useful for me)