Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

Nilla

Gatherer

Big City district No.2 A work in progress.

Cemetery and town hall.

Herb garden.

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Tailor, school and church.

Fiat panis.

Nilla

Exciting to see how this will end! I've never seen such a modern city in Banished before.

brads3

Gatherer

Quote from: Nilla on March 24, 2018, 12:09:44 PM
Exciting to see how this will end! I've never seen such a modern city in Banished before.

I hope I'll get to the end. Even with almost no trees on the map the game is starting to lag due to all the deco stuff.

I'm using the latest NatDiv with fix against the trees dying out but it doesn't seem to help. The grass is very aggressive and I have to keep clearing large swaths of land. At least it keeps the fuel count high.

Quote from: brads3 on March 24, 2018, 01:06:46 PM
that is decorated.nicely done.

Thanks. The modders sure did an amazing job creating all these deco toys to play with.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Two districts together.

A new small willage. There will be a sheep pasture here, fodder farming chain and vineyards.
Fiat panis.

Nilla

A large project! But of course, all these people in the "city" need to be supported. :)

Gatherer

At the moment I have to buy ~10 thousand units of food per year to keep up with demand. I'm selling mutton, smoked fish, leather, wine, mead, herbs, lumber, coke, iron ore, logs, iron and bricks.

The city would have been built up more by now if I didn't have to worry about food. But it's fun and keeps me interested and I have enough time to think on how to develop it further.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

The new village is almost built up. Bought the sheep for the pasture.

Dumping water from irrigation canal into NMC canal. Vineyards and winery to the right.

A stress-free environment.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Central market district.

Deco dock add-on for NMC trading post.

Yet another herb garden.
Fiat panis.

brads3

i like how the pind feeds that canal. neat way to use the parts.

Gatherer

I was actuall trying to build a T-junction irrigation canal but the water in those T pieces doesn't flow correctly for what I had in mind.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

And now a little something about this current game.

The Big City: Castle Rock XII
The idea was (still is) to build a big city supported by smaller towns and villages. There are 10 main city districts planned: 8 residential plus 1 cathedral and 1 railway district. These districts will be separated from other communities with NMC canal on west, south and east side and with irrigation canal on the north side. There will be long and wide avenues and streets separating each district.
The Old City is on the east side across the canal.

Food dilemma:
In the long run I want trading to cover ~15-20% of yearly food needs. I'm not sure if that is feasible though. Just recently I have had a very bad luck with the merchants. For more than a decade there were on average perhaps 4 merchants per year bringing any type of food to my 8 trading posts. And since the merchants come more than once a year per TP you can imagine my frustration. Really, really bad luck. >:( There's too much seed and livestock merchants. >:( What I needed from them I have already purchased (except milk cows but I'm deliberately waiting with this purchase).

If some modder could produce a small standalone savegame compatible mod that disables seed and livestock merchants that would be greatly appreciated. ;)

I admit that some of this food problem is of my own making. :-[ I don't like long inventory lists in my towh halls. And because of this I only buy food that I have seeds for or food that comes from the forests. Seed purchases have stopped more than 80 years ago.

These are the only food items I buy and/or plant:
- apple
- bean
- lettuce
- maple sap
- maple syrup
- game
- honey
- wheat
- carrot
- peas
- tomato
- grape
- fish
- fiddlehead
- cranberry
- corn
- chanterelle
- blueberry
- mushroom
- onion
- pear
- squash
- cabbage
- pumpkin
- turnip
- pepper
- rice
- potato
- roots

Conclusion:
At the moment I need to get the overall food count up. I've started expanding even further southwest and with that the planning for city district expansion has undergone some change and delays. Currently the city and the southern village form L shape and I'm forced to build that empty corner first. This will shorten travel distance for my people and also bring much needed workforce closer to where it is needed.

Longest post I've ever written... ??? :o
Fiat panis.