News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No Pastures No Fields.. Any suggestions.

Started by ScarlettPayne, January 02, 2018, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarlettPayne

No matter how many times I try this.. The bannies all die. I have built so many  fish, hunter, gathers, put them all in the middle of a Forester. And still no joy. I mean soon as the get the food bam they are off empty and starving. I have them next to storage so they don't have to travel far. and at least a house or two in the woods for them to live... I have tried and tried to the point of nearly saying to heck with it. but I remembered that I have this lovely new group of mates that play and have probably been at this point before...

Any help or suggestions welcome. I am near 75% done with my achievements and I want to get back to playing with the beautiful mods. x
...Taking a Vacation from The Ark....

kid1293

One thing to watch out for in the forest is - the forester.
He gathers old trees (which spawns food) and plant new trees
(which are useless food producers for several years).

Try to have two foresters. One regular and one that (for a time)
only plants. Then you should have a nice supply of food.

Of course there are a lot of distribution to think about.
The logistics are not always logical. :)

Are you up in numbers of citizens? Try farming instead.
A steady supply (with properly placed barns) should do the trick.

I am not good at this. I only make fancy houses for the bannies.
I seldom play. I am sure you will get more answers! :)

smurphys7

This is my Condensed Banished Food Guide on Youtube.  It is about 4 minutes long.  Streamable version which I find easier to pause and rewind.  The guide is very dense.

ScarlettPayne

trying for the achievement going for no pastures. I had a consistent 100 bannies there for a long while.  I am not able to get past 100 I get more food places built and then bam they are all starving again. so I will try the less foresters cutting. and see if I can try that strategy. have to get 400 then I can plant fields again. lol Thanks.

and I will go and have a look at the video. Thank you.

ScarlettPayne

Kid I have to agree you do make nice mods. I have used several of them. LOVE it. thank you for all your hard. work.

Nilla

I saw one thing in your initial entry, that made me a bit thoughtful.
QuoteI have built so many  fish, hunter, gathers, put them all in the middle of a Forester
If I can avoid it, I never put anything in the middle of the forest, except a forester and a gatherer, maybe also a hunter and an herbalist, but nothing else. I put barns and houses just outsite the forest circle.

How much do your gatherers, hunters and fisher produce? How many people work in each site? A really good gatherer could produce 3000 food with 4 people, a hunter 1000 with 2, a fisher 2500 with 4. There are many reason, why they may produce less; bad location, no close/full barns, workers live too far way, workers uneducated, not enough free laborers to carry away things. If you show some screenshots from your village, I'm sure some of us can say more.

Unless you're trying to get several achievements at the same time, there's always the "trick" trade. Sell venison and firewood, buy food.

ScarlettPayne

I was doing really good with Smurfy's and Kids suggestions then it all went sideways. I will try again tomorrow. annoying for sure. No just trying to get the live off the land or what ever it is.

smurphys7

Can you upload a picture or a saved game of your town?  I am curious what could have gone wrong.

As long as food produced is greater than food consumed you shouldn't starve unless you are doing something very strange.  Each citizen eats 100 food per year.  You can check individual building's production with the Show Production Statistics which is easy to miss.

A Town Hall can calculate all those numbers for you.  Keep making food with more efficient Gathering, Fishing and Hunting setups.

As shown in that video, you want the Homes and barns INSIDE the Gathering Hut area.  Even though they take up tree space there is a significant amount of increased production.

ScarlettPayne

I know what I had done wrong the first time. i am now using yours and Kids suggestions and I have made a new one this morning because I think my adult child timing was off and they all got old and died. Old age right now is what is killing me. I am trying to keep the population under a bit of control to get them to stock up and then breed... But your technique was working I had almost 200 people and I was stable at 150 for old bannies kicking the bucket.. So now I have picked a better map with more open water less tiny streams. And I am placing my fishers on better amounts of water. It seems that when I go to place something like a church or cemetary is when I have a large genocide... I will be so glad when done with this stupid achievement.

ScarlettPayne

also I was doing the wood people all together in the middle before. I did have a belly up with one map not enough cutters to planters and they froze to death.  I do appreciate all the help.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: ScarlettPayne on January 03, 2018, 12:58:09 PM
It seems that when I go to place something like a church or cemetary is when I have a large genocide...

Because Bannies idle at both of these, it can really cause problems with travel time.  Instead of going from work to market/storage to home, now you've added another possible destination, and if it's too far away, suddenly they'll arrive at work already cold & hungry.  That means they'll turn around and go home to eat & warm up, then travel back to work again.  TBH this is why I avoid churches until much later in the game, when I can trade for enough stone to build them all over the place.

ScarlettPayne

great Idea what about your vendors are they good to place or don't worry with them. I kinda put them in between forests with some houses as well .. not sure if this is a good strategy or what could be causing a crash of human life. Right pulling out the religion and filling it with forest. lol

ScarlettPayne

THANK YOU ALL. I finally got the silly achievement. But I wouldn't have gotten it with out tips and hints from you so thank you very much. x