News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Draft of Church

Started by embx61, November 01, 2015, 06:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I am still working slowly but surely (Have to do a lot of reading to do some stuff in Max I never did before) on a request from DesoPL to build a building he sent me a picture of.

Still a lot to do but here a image what I have so far.
Hope you like it so far DesoPL  :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

looks very good :)

but the tower looks strange  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

What is strange about the tower?

RedKetchup

i dunno... or too small ... or doesnt fit with the other building of the mesh :D

in fact, when* i see it, i always think at a ..... chess piece tower :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

Looks very nice! :D But i agree, tower is kinda small. :)

embx61

In thickness or height?

I made a different tower with some  more Cartels in it. I did not like only 8 cartels.
That tower thing in the picture is only about as high as the wall of the side rooms.
That is why I decided to make it taller but looks maybe somewhat skinny so...

I made the tower thicker overall and think it looks better this way.

Will post a pic tomorrow as it is 2AM so bed time here

pliton

I rather ask the question: What is the purpose of the tower? To me the tower in the draft has a military function. Therefore the tower should not be there.
Jesus saves...but Sundin scores on the rebound...

Denis de la Rive

Frist a historical note, think of making the building reflect the christian cross in layout, main entrance leads to the altar, then the wings for other services, and living quarters. You could also add a bell tower.

As for the tower, (military style), there is no reason to omit it if you like the idea, it actually might just make it cooler. I you choose to keep it try making it square, (looks better) then 1 story higher that the main roof and on one of the wings, at the end or in an 'L' shape placement.

Hopes this helps.

:)

MightyCucumber

Looks good Embx, but indeed the tower seems kinda off - it looks more like something you'd see in a castle for military purposes than a religious building.

Unless you make it square instead of round like some folks above have already pointed out, there are some good examples on Google by typing "Medieval Church".

embx61

The purpose of the tower is the picture DesoPl provided to me has one.
At least it looks like a round tower thing but maybe it is just a half round wall as the picture is small and not show everything what I can do too instead of a tower.

Some churches in Medieval times were short of strongholds.

The middle building is also a square tower with cartels on around them.

I think I put the tower aside for now and make a half/3 quarter round wal/building in its place to see how that looks.

Thanks for all the feedback.  :)

Here is the picture DesoPl send me.

elemental

That's an interesting looking building. Now your model makes a lot more sense. :)

Personally I'm not sure I would use it as a church but it would make a very nice monastery, or even a nice town hall.

Also I think the word you are looking for is crenellations, not cartels?

Turis

Perhaps it is a spiral staircase attached to the square tower instead of having it inside.

embx61

Quote from: Turis on November 02, 2015, 02:01:20 PM
Perhaps it is a spiral staircase attached to the square tower instead of having it inside.

Yes, that is that little tower attached to the square building so they could go to the top.

The round tower/wall/building is at the right background almost at the back.
I think it is a tower but it is hard to say for sure from the picture.

Quote from: elemental on November 02, 2015, 01:17:44 PM
That's an interesting looking building. Now your model makes a lot more sense. :)

Personally I'm not sure I would use it as a church but it would make a very nice monastery, or even a nice town hall.

Also I think the word you are looking for is crenellations, not cartels?

Crenellations? For sure that is possible.  The Dutch word is Kartelen I think and I looked for Kartelen in English and Cartels or notch came up.
DesoPL who requested this building and gave me the picture want it to be a Church, but maybe a Monastery would be nice too.

Thanks again for the comments  :)

elemental

I suspect there might be two round towers at the front of the building, forming a gatehouse or entrance.

Pangaea

Quote from: embx61 on November 02, 2015, 11:08:48 AM
Here is the picture DesoPl send me.

Does he know the origin of it, where it is located? Maybe you can find a picture from a different angle.

Looking at the small tower-like protrusion at the back, there appears to be a square protrusion behind that again too. I'm thinking it's possibly a walled-off courtyard. Looks more like a castle of sorts than a church tbh.

Very nice works, though, and not dissimilar to designs I tried to make in Timber and Stone (before the game went  too much in a combat direction for my liking).