News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Soup Kitchen

Started by irrelevant, May 02, 2015, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i also suggest you to 'export' to .OBJ and then 'Import' as One single Mesh option <= it fixes alot of things
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

also, if you are testing a new crop.... dont forget you need to 'buy' the seeds ^^ so ... the debug tools is very good for testing things :)

afwings

Well, I completely went through the mod again and can't seem to figure out why tools keeps crashing when I run

binx64Tools-x64.exe /build zOatsResources.rsc /pathres ../example/crop /pathdat ../example/crop/bin

Here is a screen shot.  I think there is something wrong with the importing of the zOatsleaf model but am not sure.... I tried to export as OBJ and then import to 3ds but that did not make a difference.....  any input is appreciated...

Thanks...

afwings

It was definitely my 3ds model that was the issue.  I copied the lettuce .fbx and renamed it zOAts and subbed it for my model and it worked perfectly..... now I need to figure out why my models won't load....

RedKetchup

hummm kinda hard to tell like that whats the problem. the compiler was processing AO file but if you exchange the .fbx your AO works :P

you didnt exchanged the AO file too ? i guess
make sure to check the number of pixels of all your textures.

a think we can do... is sending me your mod so i can check directly on my PC, and if i find the problem, or i will tell you or it is wrong, or i will resend it fixed :)
sending you my email by PM :) in case you choose that option :)

afwings

Well with huge guidance from the master @RedKetchup I was able to get my first mod compiled.  It stills needs some work to get my original resource model in for the zOATS CROPS, but the logo, baskets, and actual functionality are good.

The zOats will be combined with mushrooms using the zMASH BUILDING that I will be working on next.

stay tuned for more....

RedKetchup

WOAW AWESOME !!!!

Congratulations !!

dont worry, Bro. You got there EXTREMELY fast and very painless if you compare to me ^^
took me a good 2 months to get my first models in game ^^ yeah 2 months. i sweared all the gods and smashed my keyboard all that phase ^^

you are doing very good.
at least you, you have someone to tell you things, which i didnt got any help at all.
niet - nothing.

RedKetchup

answered back your email, afwings  :)

RedKetchup

after you ve read your email, @afwings  check this.

i made 3 screenshots

you will see i deleted all your 'green boxes' yeah probably they were 'groups'
no groups

screenshot 1 : i selected all your little items, and circle your big final graphic. all those need to be all together in 1 single mesh , 1 blue box. nothing else. and the name of this unique blue box is ' mesh '

screenshot 2 : i circle your 2 nd graphic and this thing too need to be alone in 1 single blue box , nothing else. and the name of this box box is  ' build02 '

screenshot 3 : i did the same for your ' build01 ' it needs to be alone in its blue box.

i will wait to see if you will find the way to fix that (and all the names of the 'standards' (brown boxes) that need to match your textures) and if you can't... i ll fix them all :)

-Red

afwings

I cleaned up the file / name structure as @RedKetchup suggested and trimmed all non-essential components from the 3ds environment.  I renamed all files to a more conventional structure and exported each structure as it's own object then imported them back into a clean 3ds.  I think this looks clean enough to start working on the mash building / profession but am still a bit weary about the textures.  We'll see how it goes.

RedKetchup

just need to rename the standard (brown boxes) the same as your textures.

and after do your dummies

number of build_001....build_00x = number of building who will go build that building
use_001...use_00x = spot when the workers will go stand for working (or 'using' if an house or other.
create_001 ... create_00x = the spawn points where the resources your are creating will spawn.
all those points need to be 'linked' to another dummie placed at 0,0,0 x,y,z called 'points'

afwings

Well I may have reached a roadblock with my "zMash" building.... but one of the crops I'm building as part of a series is ready for beta!!!

Anyone interested in testing?  It appears to run stable for the tests I've run and I'd love some feedback before releasing.   

The mod adds a grain crop called zOats.  They are an additional source of food and will be incorporated into my next building.

afwings

From concept to reality... large in part to the wisdom and guidance of @RedKetchup - A true pro. 

Here is the official preview of zMash Mod.  The building will eventually use zOats and mash with various other resources to provide soup, fermented drinks, and much more.  Stay tuned!!!

RedKetchup

i see on your picture you still need to make your own footprint.png (this is the one for the apiary)
i personally use Gimp 2.8 for those and i made my own brush :)

RedKetchup

but i thought the citizens would have to take out their shoes, and tale out their socks and jump into a barrel and smash with their feet :)
exactly the same as grapes and wine have been made for centuries :)