News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I think im using Sir Redketchup Canal System Wrong.

Started by pricepay, July 15, 2015, 02:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pricepay

Im testing the Canal System and i wanted running water with in it. So I placed It above A stream using Flatten terrain Tool. Jackpot! Now i have running water inside it.

But sadly, I realize that Sir RK Canal doesnt have diagonals part to fill those space properly. So I place quayside for the time being and for preview. I really like Sir Rk Canals Mod, It looks good specially the Trading Post. Damn if only we can make our own "real river", which i think is not possible if Luke doesnt  update the modkit or the game. Sob.

Well anyway what do you guys thinks? I think Sir Rk lowering terrain Got a lot of hidden Potentials!!!

Oh and also the Canal Gates which you can place anywhere, even in the middle of the lake without raising terrain is Fantastic LOL!!
Does that mean we can make Water villages, Floating market, and Other Floating Objects in the future?  ;D

ps*  I attach pics for viewing but i dont know if i did it correctly, and am I in the right forum for this post? LOL

bubbamcgee

The potential is there to widen narrow streams; but, nothing else.  I have tried manipulating the canals to branch off of streams kind of like you posted.  Once you the stream to the width of a normal river, it becomes a dark blue (like what is shown in your pic) and not navigable by a trader boat.  Which is disappointing to say the least! 

pricepay

Quote from: bubbamcgee on July 15, 2015, 03:29:59 PM
The potential is there to widen narrow streams; but, nothing else.  I have tried manipulating the canals to branch off of streams kind of like you posted.  Once you the stream to the width of a normal river, it becomes a dark blue (like what is shown in your pic) and not navigable by a trader boat.  Which is disappointing to say the least! 

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you my good sir and yep the trader crash which is sad(but can be fixed with mods if someone wanna make it).The river and streams got a pre made width to them and hard coded to the game so i think we cant change it that much. we can only widen it a little. The dark blue can always flatten up for now(but can be tweak to make it look like a normal terrain, maybe?)
but that's not what i meant!

I'm talking about the LOWERING TERRAIN TECHNOLOGY of sir Rk. Like you said the best use i can think of it is widening streams and clearing those extra ground so you can make submerge castle walls at the center of your lake or making fences and other buildings float on the lakes. but c'mon people use your imagination!  Now we got 2 floors to work on. We can make a downtown. We can make a city which is not that flat. A Crap i cant explain myself well, sorry....

So basically what i'm saying is the POTENTIAL of THIS TECHNOLOGY to improved the game play for banished. Making more design possibilities for future modding.  That's why i posted this on "Suggestion and mods idea" Forum not on "Tips and Tricks" Right?

Sorry if i cant express my self well I'm bad with English. LOL  :D

pricepay

Oh and here is what i meant about castles walls on river and lakes. You'll notice it doesnt have excess ground, Yup i remove it using lowering terrain.

RedKetchup

unfortunately not much can be done with canals, i agree it is a new technology that can give some new design but extremly hard to make it do what you want. very hard to manipulate cause the game is doing its hole a bit like it wants.
and it is sad we cannot reproduce the river graphics.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

pricepay

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 16, 2015, 10:10:41 AM
unfortunately not much can be done with canals, i agree it is a new technology that can give some new design but extremly hard to make it do what you want. very hard to manipulate cause the game is doing its hole a bit like it wants.
and it is sad we cannot reproduce the river graphics.

I see, But is it actually possible to use the lower terrain technology to lower a building? I mean this building do have attach paths to it and paths are design to be put on flat terrain. Ehr what do you call that? Those arrow signs attach when erecting buildings? Sorry i forgot whats it called. LOL

And is it possible to change the texture below the arrow signs with stoneroad texture, pre built. I mean when you built it, it will already have a road with it. like with attach pic below.

RedKetchup

sorry , i didnt understood of nothing of what you asking

pricepay

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 17, 2015, 03:38:02 AM
sorry , i didnt understood of nothing of what you asking

Like i thought. Im really having a hard time Expressing what i mean in English.  :-\

Well, nevermind for now but thank you anyways.  ;D

RedKetchup

you can retry with different words :)

a little bit i understand is about... the stone road. unfortunatly, the road system is working abit different, i wouldnt be able to 'attach' the same road design as the game. i can put stone one the ground like in my hobbit houses... but not the same one the game use. unless i find a texture very similar.

and yes an house isnt obligated to be a ground level, as i can make them stand in the air, i can make them underground ^^

pricepay

I mean the Green arrows when placing a building that shows where the building will overlap the road.(1st pic found it on google)   ;D

And Its possible to place it inside the building not in the front right?(2nd pic Tighterroads By OwlAlchemist)

And we can see in both pictures that under those green arrows are the ground of the terrain.

So my question is, it is possible to put some texture under the Green arrows? So if we place the building, It will already have a Stone/other texture Built with in the Building Green Arrows?

Gatherer

Quote from: pricepay on July 17, 2015, 11:42:19 AMSo my question is, it is possible to put some texture under the Green arrows? So if we place the building, It will already have a Stone/other texture Built with in the Building Green Arrows?

Even if that is possible (I'm not a modder so I can't say for sure) those road texture tiles would not offer the speed of a stone road. Citizens walking on them would have the same speed as if there was no road there. You would still need to build a road over those tiles.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

ok now i understand what you are asking :)
and the answer would be : No.

reason : the way a building is set up and imported in game is not the same technic the game draw a road. a building is made of pieces and the whole is called : mesh. and the mesh is intended to be a 3d form. x,y,z
the road is totally different, it is a 2d draw painted on the ground texture, on the floor. in fact it is a simple .png of 1024x1024 where has been draw thousands of little rocks or stones. and when you build a 1x1 tile, the game is 'painting' a very little little part of these pixels. and when you ask to do another 1x1 tile side of it, it draws the group of pixels side of if which are a little part of the big .png
and when you arrive at the edge of this big picture, it simply put another big picture side by side and restart at the tile no1 at bottom of this picture.
the 2D png of the stone road can maybe cover like 64 by 64 tiles width and long.

thats 2 different technic.

to have a stone effect floor made by the 3d buildings, it needs to be a real box (like 1x3 by 0,1 thick) where you painted and textured as a stone floor. exactly like my hobbit houses.

RedKetchup

but also , like Gatherer said. it is not a real road and would be same speed as the green grass. you would need to build a road there ontop of it to get the +15% bonus speed.

pricepay

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 17, 2015, 05:24:59 PM
to have a stone effect floor made by the 3d buildings, it needs to be a real box (like 1x3 by 0,1 thick) where you painted and textured as a stone floor. exactly like my hobbit houses.

Yah thats what i meant, I doesnt have to be a "True road", Just a texture that looks like a road,a part of the design of the building itself.  ;D

Cuz i was thinking, If you actually lower a building underground, The building Green Arrows should be at ground level or it will show red if its not. Also, Underground Color is blueish not like the terrain.

Example If we think that the quayside is a building(a House) the green arrow Is on ground level where we can put the road(Pic1)

And In (pic2) we can see that we can't actually lower the road. It just float.  What if we Dont actually use a "True Road" Just a A Fake road  that will Cover The Blueish texture Under ground.  Like the plaza thing from CC.

So what if we can make the Green arrows, Inside the building. I mean The building Design overlaps with the green arrows.  is that possible?

And (pic3) that Stone road that looks like an arrow is from CC(plaza) And i think thats not a Real road, More like a building design to look like a road.

LIke Mr. Gatherer said, It will not speed up banished citizen walking speed because we cant actually make True roads under ground level, but i think thats better than seeing the blueish texture underground

pricepay

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 17, 2015, 05:24:59 PM
ok now i understand what you are asking :)
and the answer would be : No.

Oops sorry i miss that one, Hahaah. That was a sad ending LOL  :-[