News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS TownHouses v3.0.2 (updated 30 July 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, May 17, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

No, sorry new game.

A lot of the code has changed, including mod/folder structure, so any previous save will be trying to find something where it no longer is. (I'm also currently close to finishing an improvement update to DSSV: Production, which will also not be save compatible.)

Also, I forgot the delete button for the road-buildable 1x4 Brick Town House food storage. But that will be easily fixed with a save-compatible patch mod I will post later today for those wishing to demolish it if built in wrong spot.

Tom Sawyer

I'm looking at this in game right now. Was curious about the industrial brick houses and how you use building mats since I have to make some decisions about that too. I got a crash right after clicking at the first brick house, probably an UI issue. No other mods loaded.

So from my first glance, you removed roof tiles or consider them as part of "bricks"? I had such a thought as well but not sure yet. And lime they use to make the mortar virtually right at the building site, always if bricks are used? I like that instead of adding mortar as a material as we talked about it earlier. It's more simple and realistic. How do you plan to produce lime? Not in this mod but in your industry one.

Discrepancy

if you free place at the start of a game without other houses already for families you will cause a crash if a larger family tries to move into a too small a house.
I was playing around with hard coding the size of the residence tab of houses through the UI to stop larger families moving in... i even gave them all an extra line... yet someone already causes a crash ;)

The lime is being made in the industry mod, heating of stone with a fuel in an oven.

None of the homes have a clay roof-tile roof (apart from possibly a variant of the Bryggen houses, but I'm pretending it doesn't), the type C new additions have a Copper roof, so require copper in construction, the rest are a wood shingle (haha ignore the slate also).

Otherwise it should not crash.
Also like all my mods: latest on top of load list. so this above industry mining.

Artfactial

This is possibly my favorite house mod around, thanks for these amazing additions!:)
Very sad that it's not save game compatible, the brick houses would be perfect for later on down the timeline of my town.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, they are stubborn and move in anyway, and if not enough rows in residence UI then crash. I think there is no way to prevent them from this behavior.

Discrepancy

I'm going to update the mod very shortly, but if you have downloaded it already and don't want to again, you can download this small patch mod below.

It will add the missing the demolish button to the 1x4 Brick Town House food storage.

PATCH DS TownHouses 001
Adds the missing demolish button to the 1x4 Brick Town House food storage. only required if using v3.0, all later versions have this included.

Discrepancy

and...

updated to v3.0.1

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, a couple of small important bug fixes. If you don't wish to re-download, use the patch in the message above to demolish the 1x4 Brick Town House food storage. The other changes should not be a worry unless you are placing the small occupancy buildings with debug free build and there are families larger than 4 requiring a house.

Change Log:
version 3.0.1 - bug fixes   -- 20190715  |  .zip = 48.8mb (49,997kb)   .pkm = 89.5mb (91,738kb)
        - added missing demolish button to the 1x4 Brick Town House food storage.
        - increased the rows in residence tabs that was causing crash.

Artfactial

Just as a though: removing my currently build DS Townhouses from my save and than updating the mod to build the updated houses instead won't ignore all problems and will probably corrupt my savegame all the same?

Discrepancy

@Artfactial , probably.

I could make a mod with just the new houses?

Artfactial

Thought so.
That...would be incredible, if you can find the time and are willing, I would love that.:)

Another thing to consider: the Steam Workshop; updating the Rowhouses there without people noticing might break saves unintentionally; I had that happen when you updated the Sawmill a while back.:) but I guess that's a risk that comes with that platform.

Discrepancy

Unfortunately for the players that only subscribe to my mods on Steam, they won't be getting any of these new updates until DS Mining Industry is out of beta... which I think will be a while off. This was a conscious decision I had made when I realised I needed to release the mod as a beta form and with regular updates for player feedback.

:)

I have separated the new housing already.
I tested with this (DSTownHousesTypeC.pkm) mod at top of list, then DS Industry Mining next (optional, or if you want to trade for resources) then DSTownHouses v2.1, all seemed to work fine.
I have added the download to the Nexus Mods page as an optional file: HERE (didn't think I should add another download here as essentially the same mod, and already have too many versions.. ie Blast Furnace)

Artfactial

Ah, that's a good solution indeed, especially with the tweaking of the Mining Industry project.

Thanks a bunch, I'll add the rowhouses type C to my save and let you know if I find anything off with that one in particular!:)
To be clear: I have had the Blast Furnace mod in my game, but haven't build any of its buildings yet. Can I remove it from the save and add the Industry Mining in the load order that you described?

Discrepancy

haha... well I really don't know. If you built anything. just leave it in and also add DS Industry Mining... it might work with both going. just build the latest... if you can work out what is what.
I don't like the idea of removing a mod from a running save though.

josito

Loving the new Brick Town Houses! thank you very much! ;D

taniu