News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Celtic Medieval

Started by twilightbreeze, November 20, 2017, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Seems to be a bit of a housing craze!! hehe.......

Ok, I did like the look of DS's Celtic House, but it is much too large.  I was thinking of something more like 2x2 hut for 4 people, or max at 3x3, medium warmth, and made with stone and grass. Nothing fancy, able to make in beginning. While looking I also saw some other building ideas to match, smaller, which would be nice, but the round Celtic hut is the main idea. Here are some images.

Whatcha all think? Anyone wanna tackle this? Could be a very nice village project.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

To keep close to being authentic, the "church" should look something like this:

small circle of trees, with a small henge and altar of sorts in the middle.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

NMT2.04 has the stonehedge :) acting like a church

twilightbreeze

yes, but that is part of another mod....unless you wanted to take this on and include that with this mod.....? :P

brads3

next he will want a pyramid.maybe throw in a UFO or 2.LOL.

twilightbreeze

um, brad? Was that a dig at me? Not very nice.  :(

brads3

nooooo, it was ment to be a joke. i actually think you have a good idea that many would use.it would be neat to use the thatch in building the too.

twilightbreeze

Ok.

But a thatch look without having to grow, harvest, weave actual thatch, etc. That's why I stipulated "grasses", which can be used right from the beginning.

brads3

thatch can be if you have the nat div.the thatch grows wild and you can collect it while clearing to build from start.RED could use fodder but then you won't have it to feed the horses. did you see the pics from ABANDONED? she has wigwams that are close to those huts.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 20, 2017, 07:21:54 PM
next he will want a pyramid.maybe throw in a UFO or 2.LOL.

why not a startgate ? lol

twilightbreeze

Cause a stargazer would be totally out of context. I would prefer a realistic celtic village, not out of a fantasy novel.

And smaller buildings than Red's current Medieval Villages. The Celts were a simple farming folk, before the Romans came. They didnt build that big.

brads3

KID has small grass huts but they are square in the forest outpost.  they don't like your nomad catcher,RED. did you check DS page where he designed the viking barns? the celtic idea has came up before.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 20, 2017, 08:01:06 PM
KID has small grass huts but they are square in the forest outpost.  they don't like your nomad catcher,RED. did you check DS page where he designed the viking barns? the celtic idea has came up before.

no i didnt.
i think the celtic idea came from me long time ago .... someone asked me to do some celtic... and then the idea gone towards elfique (elfic?)... and houses with chicken legs..... (baba huts)
i gave up
^^

twilightbreeze