News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question about Trade Port restocking

Started by mariesalias, July 07, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

Is there a way to set the priority order of the goods that your traders stock in your trade ports? 

I can not seem to see a rhyme or reason to it currently. Ale always seems to be last, but other items change around without regard to the order in which I first had my traders stocking them.

For example, in my Vegetarian town, I would like my traders to stock tools, firewood, and ale before mushrooms, and the overflow vegetables. But I can not seem to make them do it in any certain order. :/   I am hoping there is some element of the trading posts I have overlooked or am ignorant of, that will make it possible!

Even though I don't do auto-trading, I even tried changing the priorities there, in case they were somehow connected. I had noticed some time ago, that mushrooms always seem to be above venison, but with trading overflow crops for fruits and nuts now, it is becomeing even more frustrating.

salamander

So far as I know, there's not a way to prioritize the order in which traders deliver stock to a trading port, at least nothing similar to moving imported resources up/down in the list as with auto-trading.

I wonder if the order in which exports are listed in the trading port is related to the order in which your town first saw them (ie, the order in which the goods would have shown up in the town hall inventory screen).

rkelly17

My guess--and it is only a guess--is that materials are stocked based on which are easiest to get. If it's close the traders grab it. If it's far they have to travel. I know that they'll go to the nearest market and clean it out.

In  my trading posts materials are listed in alphabetical (English) order, but they don't show up until the settlement actually has some in inventory. I've noticed this latter on several occasions when I've planted a new crop that starts with a-e and I go to increment the amount of firewood. After the first click firewood suddenly drops down a slot. I also notice it when I first start producing ale to trade. Since ale usually occupies the very first slot it's easy to see that it's not there until the brewers actually produce some.

RedKetchup

mine are stuck with all the +22 mushrooms gatherers get as fast or faster than the traders can bring back to the TP. till it reach its max allowed :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Hmm... I'm going to have to start a new town and test this. Iron tools, potato, and firewood are the first three listed so maybe @rkelly17 is correct here.

ETA: Okay so I started a new medium game. The town started off with hide coats, iron tools, and potatoes in the barn and firewood, iron, stone, and logs in the stockpile. I planted corn and waited for it to be harvested, then built a fishing dock, and then a hunter's cabin. Venison went into the barn before leather.

Last, I built a trade port. This is the order I filled it with just 1 of each, except venison):
venison, corn, fish, leather , log, firewood, iron tools, hide coats, iron, stone, and potatoes.

Then I switched from the Inventory tab of the trade port to the Trade tab. The order there was:
log, stone, iron, iron tool, potato, firewood, hide coat, corn, and venison.

So it appears @rkelly17 is correct with his guess/theory!

Thanks for the responses. I really wish there was a way to prioritize the list.

irrelevant

@mariesalias  @rkelly17  Good sleuthing you two!

Sorta related, I'm really liking the new TP capacity in 1.0.3, bumped from 20,000 to 60,000. Really makes trading much easier.

But what I haven't done is take advantage of the new capacity by storing stocks of logs, stone, and iron in the TPs rather than in stockpiles like I was doing before, as shown in Screen 1.

Is anyone using the TPs for storage, and if so, how do you handle the micromanagement necessary to dole out resources as needed? I do this currently with fruit that I purchase for ale production, but that's just one thing, and if ale production stops for a bit until I notice it and get it sorted out, no disaster. But I'm thinking this level of micro would be unmanageable. Of course, my Screen 1 implies its own challenges.

tomplum68

It would be some serious micromanagement but you could increase the requirement level for your first priority and then when that gets close to full increase the level for your next priority item.  That way the traders will only be looking for one thing at a time.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 07, 2014, 08:50:14 PM
Is anyone using the TPs for storage, and if so, how do you handle the micromanagement necessary to dole out resources as needed? I do this currently with fruit that I purchase for ale production, but that's just one thing, and if ale production stops for a bit until I notice it and get it sorted out, no disaster. But I'm thinking this level of micro would be unmanageable. Of course, my Screen 1 implies its own challenges.

The only thing I have used the TP to store is food when I have a barn shortage. Then I slowly let it back into circulation as I build sufficient barns. Sometimes in the early going I use an excess of one food item to trade for something I don't yet grow, so some of the food in the TP gets used for that. Eventually it's all gone. If you look at the pictures of my vegetarian challenge town you'll see that I have not solved the problem of what to do with all of the stone and iron that is coming in. To tell you the truth I hadn't thought of setting a capacity for stone and iron in the TP. Have to look at that.

mariesalias

I use the tradeports for storage sometimes on lakes that have no access to traders. Usually for backup food (in case of user error), or to bring logs to more remote forestry areas that could use more logs then are being produced. The TP can only hold about 6k logs, btw.

irrelevant

Bumping this old thread with a TP related question that I have been trying to figure out by watching traders and markets, but I always get sidetracked.

Do traders take stock from markets? I have been assuming that they will if they need to, but I have no evidence to support this assumption. Does anyone know?

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 07, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
Bumping this old thread with a TP related question that I have been trying to figure out by watching traders and markets, but I always get sidetracked.

Do traders take stock from markets? I have been assuming that they will if they need to, but I have no evidence to support this assumption. Does anyone know?

Yes. Yes they do, the lazy little (expletive deleted)! They will take stock from the closest location they can find it and if that is a market they will suck it dry before they move on.

irrelevant

Thanks for the fast answer! I was hoping that they did; I surmise you were not  ;)

irrelevant

Okay, now that's a new one on me, I just watched a vendor take 125 firewood from his market and put it into a nearby stockpile.

I just watched another vendor take 500 beans out of his market (a different one) and put it into a nearby barn.

Both markets were over 90% full; presumably they were making room for something else.

Ah; for logs for the local choppers. Interesting.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 07, 2014, 06:15:27 PM
Okay, now that's a new one on me, I just watched a vendor take 125 firewood from his market and put it into a nearby stockpile.

I just watched another vendor take 500 beans out of his market (a different one) and put it into a nearby barn.

Now we know why vendors get stabbed.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .