Started by kid1293, April 17, 2017, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 05, 2017, 10:16:56 AM
:) Hehe, I feel sorry for the f-key!

Will look at the Workplace mod now.
Query ask for a market. Maybe - maybe too much work with all
good mods out there. I've done some changes already but
nothing 'out-of-the-magicians-hat' stuff. :)

@kid1293 Thank you for getting this updated, I have downloaded it and will take a look this weekend.  Back to patchy internet end of week, will mainly be AFK from Weds, so you will have a little peace ;)  I may be able to haunt, but ... 

Just looking at your screenshot now, it looks good, the pieces look good, so I'm excited :D
Quote from: Paeng on May 05, 2017, 12:21:41 PM
Quote from: Abandoned on May 05, 2017, 10:44:42 AMwho could possibly use them all?

I do   :D

Seriously... I thoroughly enjoy all the market- and storage-options we have now, distribution of goods is much better than with just default markets, barns and piles.  :)

* I really used to hate it if I had to force a barn into a spot where it looks out of place...  ::)

@Paeng exactly, I'm with you on this one.  When there are so many different themed buildings, and ways of designing settlements, why would you want to stop at 1 set of barns, and be limited by that?  Where is the harm in diversity?
Spread the joy, why not?  :)

@brads3 I explained to you in another thread, that Slink does have a good set, but it's no longer as usable as it initially was, it also has a larger footprint than I personally like. 

@Abandoned & Brads - I suggested the small market for Kid's mods, to suit his theme, it's not a deal breaker for me because there are other markets out there, I just happen to also like Kid's themes, and the markets to go with them. ;)
It's not a big deal.  People (like me) enjoy diversity :)  (as above)
And I did have a kickarse idea to match Kid's mods, so, why not have something new, if people are inspired?
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1504.msg31484#msg31484

Quote from: kid1293 on May 05, 2017, 02:00:01 PM
Yes, I know. Stone house town hall has all 1.0.7 flags.

Is there anything that comes to mind about Stone House Addon?
Something missing? It is just that, an addon.

I haven't gotten into the Stone house with the new updates, I've placed some, but haven't built up their environment yet, I have a couple plans, but it seems to be a new map weekend/week so I'm going to have a play, and think.
So far though, I'm very happy and love the roof of the chapel as you know :D 

Now, off to download ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 hi, just had to come back to download this, had it in my notes but not in my download folder which is mess.  Had to take a break for a while.  Hoping to do a test map with this, workplace, forest outpost and special ones from Red this afternoon.  :)

kid1293

I post a test picture of the strangest shed I have built.

@Abandoned liked my many roofs and @QueryEverything wanted it special.
I plan to put it here in Yard Covers. It's a Covered Shed.
It will have Yard Cover's 7 roofs and different walls.

There are now -  General / Pasture / Workplace storage.
It's really only 1x1+road but with an overhang all around.

I hope it gives ideas for added decorations and new workplaces.

Abandoned

Strange indeed, looks almost oriental.

kid1293

Yes, it is not my usual shed. :)

One question - Do you people mind if the mod grows in size?
Right now the textures are small and optimized.
I plan to use larger textures for covers and storage.
They should (I hope) look better in game. Will test.

Abandoned

@kid1293 I would rather the covering mod stay the same as it was, and without this strange query shed.  This is getting ridiculous.

kid1293

Well, a shout-out to be concidered!

OK,OK, I release a separate 'strange shed' and leave the Yard Covers.
More work, but it's all for the domestic peace. :)

Hmmm, I call this place 'home'. Must have been the sun...

Abandoned

@kid1293 sun ? what sun?  Do you have sun where you are?  Thank you for leaving coverings well enough alone.  :)

RedKetchup

is he fishing in the shed ??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

I'm not going to tell what he is doing in the shed.
All I can say is, he is out of the sun.

"That's me in the corner, losing my religion."  R.E.M.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on May 24, 2017, 10:04:15 AM
I'm not going to tell what he is doing in the shed.

it looks like he is holding a fishing pole ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

He is actually chopping wood.
I just tried to put a tiny woodchopper under roof.

elemental

@kid1293 if you feel that something is an improvement and you personally like it, then add it to your main mod.  If someone doesn't like it they don't have to update. They also have the option of not building it...  ::)

Abandoned

@elemental does that apply to you and @QueryEverything ? Other people's opinions matter also.  This mod was made because I suggested it and if you don't like it don't use it.  Why don't you two make you own mods instead of expecting every mod be changed to your liking or go back to cc.

ancientmuse

Quote from: elemental on May 24, 2017, 03:55:58 PM
@kid1293 if you feel that something is an improvement and you personally like it, then add it to your main mod.  If someone doesn't like it they don't have to update. They also have the option of not building it...  ::)

That's all fine and dandy except for the fact all of these little afterthought additions to the main mods causes the dreaded "save game" problems.... meaning that every time there's some little addition to a mod, then your saved towns are no longer any good and you have to start over from scratch.

It makes more sense to have these little add-ons as separate mods so that they can get added without wrecking/crashing saved towns.

I'm with Abandoned on this one...

For simplicity's sake just keep these things as separate little mods because let's face it, kid could come up with a bazillion great little add-on ideas for all of his main mods over a period of severals weeks/months/years and if he keeps adding/updating his main mods with all these great little things he's coming up with, none of us are ever going to be able to play out a game to its full potential due to having to start from scratch again and again and again.

This way kid can make all kinds of awesome additions that he wants to throw out there for us to play and we all get to download them adding them into our towns to our heart's content without worrying about save game compatability...

In a nutshell:  I (for one) don't want to have to start new games constantly because I can't resist all these fantastic little additions the modders are coming up with !

I want them all dammit !!

:P

Just my $.02 worth.