News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Choo Choo : A Mod about Railroads and Trains. v1.03

Started by RedKetchup, July 04, 2016, 05:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Choo Choo : A Mod about Railroads and Trains. v1.0

ChooChoo is a new little mod talking about railroads, trains and wagons, and the ability to exchange goods for coins and then buy things with coins :)

This mod is placed in your Transport Toolbar, should be at the end of it, to the right.
In this ChooChoo icon you should find 3 toolbars :

- Train Stations
- Trains and Wagons
- Railroads

Train Stations :
Inside this toolbar you should find 4 buildings. Each one is a specific merchant who will gather specific goods (food, textiles, utilities, and materials) and will exchange them for coins.

Trains and Wagons :
Inside this toolbar you will find 2 designs of a Train Engine, and 6 type of Wagons. The train engine is driven by train drivers, will take coins and buy things you want with it. The wagon will mainly have the purpose to serves as storage place, and also there is one (passenger one) will attract some nomads, and the cabooze will serve as a little house (mainly for the traindrivers , i hope^^). There is another one, the hand cart, which is mainly just decorative.

Railroads :
This toolbar allow you to design a railroad network inside your town and map. they are mainly 1x1 tiles and allow roads to be built under it. You will also find bridges (wood, wood structure and stone) and a bigger tunnel.

Hopefully you will find this little mod very funny and you will like it :)

Download link:
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=113

also, alternate download on Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrTGo3RXE0Rk9LSFk/view?usp=sharing

BUGFIXES:
Fixed smokes of the cabooze

v1.01 : Fixed some prices per tile for the railroad tracks, bridges and tunnel.
----------
v1.02 : Made a change to Train Stations to allow the train to stand 1 tile closer to the stations and stick to the train station docks.
----------
v1.03 Bugfixes:

added :
i gave all flags to all merchants and trains engine. This will prevent a bug if you are using CC or No Coal in houses Mods.

Changed the limit from Food export and Material export to be same as the other 2 : Textile
the limit for the train engine stay same : hidden and it depends on what you want to buy.

Changed and made TrainDriver working alot faster. Train Drivers will work now 6X faster
   int _workRequired = 2; // instead of 12;

None of these changes should create any crash.
----------
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

BUGFIXES:

fixed issue with the smokes of the cabooze.
please redownload it if you have the old bad smoke version.

RedKetchup

v1.01 : Fixed some prices per tile for the railroad tracks, bridges and tunnel.
the cost in iron per tiles should always be +2 iron no matter if it is a ground tile or a bridge/tunnel.
Fixed also the stone bridge cost to ask stone per tile.

new external link on google drive for v1.01:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrRHh1cXhzNGFzUjQ/view?usp=sharing

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

BUGFIXES:
v1.02 : Made a change to Train Stations to allow the train to stand 1 tile closer to the stations and stick to the train station docks.

New, alternate download on Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrTGo3RXE0Rk9LSFk/view?usp=sharing

Kimbolton

Red,

Another great addition to the game by you. Wonderful concept and looks really good.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! :)

Kaldreth

I'm really enjoying the mod, and it's a very helpful addition to my town.  :D

One minor problem I'm having is limiting the amount of coin the Export Stations create. I spend quite a bit of time micromanaging these stations because of that. Would it be possible to create a limit on this resource?

*edit*
I'm still not sure what the importance of the railroad line is. It seems to just be decorative to me, but I still need to expand my network out.

Also, it would be great if we could buy materials in bulk rather than in small amounts. The time it takes to generate 1 or 2 stones is even more painful than using a quarry.

RedKetchup

the railroad tracks are just decorative. you can set up a road under it though. it will make the citizen use it and give some walk speed.
not sure the importance it has in other country but i remember when i was young, i was taking and walking the railroad everyday to get to school.
in the morning to go to school, at 4pm to get back to my house after school.

about the limits : not sure, i would need to talk to @kralyerg for his opinion on this.

about your pain with the stone... i understand.

kralyerg

Limits:  You have the train stations using the Food limit when it's producing coins.  But the Coins are a textile, so it'll produce coins forever, unless your food is at your max.

I would make it use the Textile limit, since that's what the coins actually are.  Then they'll stop when you have lots of coins. 

There's not really a lot of options, since there's so few limits.

RedKetchup

Wood Cutter

I am not sure what is happening but the Food station which only requires logs works ok but the utilities and material stations that require logs and coal doesn't. No coal arrives to start the process although I have heaps in stock. Brilliant addition to the game.

Wood Cutter

Is there no answer to my question? There must be some explanation as to why this happens

kralyerg

Are you using any other mods that are above ChooChoo?  The mods that make it so you don't use Coal as a home fuel also seem to make it so the station won't store it in it's inventory.

I think the stations storage needs to get tweaked to allow the non-fuel versions of coal.  "Fuel | CoalFuel"

RedKetchup

yeah as @kralyerg  suggested to me in PM... i would need to add ALL the flags to Train Stations.