Author Topic: Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread  (Read 21089 times)

Offline Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread
« Reply #675 on: January 05, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
did you had some problems with your bridges ?
Yes I have always had issues with any kind of modular bridge I've made... though like you have described, sometimes it is like the game bugs because I've had maps when for years the boats would stop at the traders going under all the bridges, but then on others they would not.

bool _addOnCreate = false;
   bool _neverAdd = true;
sometime we dont know as much as you guys.
_addOnCreate : "add" what ? "On" what ? and "Create" what ?
bool _neverAdd : never "Add" what ?

for me it is Alien.

in most template files the mapDescription code is used for pathing of citizens and adding the marker/colour to the overhead map.

bool _addOnCreate = true/false; I've never been able to quite figure out that code either. it is used mostly in the RawMaterial and NaturalResources files, I had always thought it was something to do with adding the item at map start/load. but only a guess as it feels to be more than that. I could never work it out, as what exactly is it adding to the map?
with a bridge set to false, I don't think the code is doing anything anyway, as all the other templates where it is omitted would also be likely defaulting to false/0.
places where the code isn't omitted yet still set to false is the bridge, tunnel, the animal shelter attached to pasture, and the pasture template as well as the cemetery and all the fences (wood/stone) attached to these codes.
the only other code i can find that has it set as true apart from the RawMaterial and NaturalResources files is the file calling up the tombstones themselves and the storage cart that is set in place during harder starts.... something to think about. Is it meaning it adds a pathing restriction when added? eg do citizens dodge the tombstones when they appear in a cemetery? do they dodge resources on the ground?

the code bool _neverAdd = true; i can find only ever set to true, and appears in only these template files: Cemetery, Pasture, Tunnel and Bridge, all are drag-able buildings that have a construction cost associated with them along with models (unlike the crop and orchards where these codes are omitted and buildings are simply decals on ground). is this code saying that the whole building footprint becomes accessible to citizens and is referring to never adding a pathing restriction despite what the PathType is set as?
in the bridge PathType _pathType = Bridge;, in the tunnel it is  PathType _pathType = Unusable; in the pasture it is PathType _pathType = Occasional; and cemetery is set as PathType _pathType = Normal;

a lot to think about.

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #676 on: January 05, 2019, 10:14:06 PM »
i added a couple of pieces in the new simple wood fences. i noticed there were missing some pieces i wished to have used while playing....

gates and lamposts that follow the straight fences which standing at the edge of 2 tiles.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #677 on: January 05, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »
we dont have a lot of explications about what is doing what, none.
gave us examples and the resources files ( not all the files though) and said : Do the same !!!

Offline kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Reply #678 on: January 06, 2019, 03:35:58 AM »
You can use those values to change the default action of different code sections.
Here they are meant together with the 'map' section of the code.

bool _addOnCreate = false;
If you set this to true with smoke it will have smoke all the time, not only when there is a worker.
It means you can have smoke from a town hall.

Why this has to be in map section I do not know. It seems totally irrelevant.

bool _neverAdd = true;
Is the 'map' section of this building added at all to the world?
With this true a bridge will not block the trader.

But obviously you can set pathbits and they seem to be 'added' to the world. Strange.
Maybe changes the behavior of layers...

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #679 on: January 06, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »
KID do you know of any of those lines that will ake fire all the time too, without a worker?

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #680 on: January 06, 2019, 12:26:38 PM »
the thing for fire without worker, the fire start as soon as the material requirement has been completed. and you will see the fire already and the buildiers didnt did a slam of hammer yet.

this is why i ve put 1 worker on the lighthouse. and my lamp posts with fire they are instant build ghosted item.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #681 on: January 06, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »
that makes sence. i noticed DS has the foundy fire to turn off with workers as well. just wondered if maybe KID knew something different.what happended to the coder from a few weeks ago? i didn't mean to scare him away.

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #682 on: January 07, 2019, 01:24:16 PM »
presently and since a day or 2, i am revisiting all the tooltips that coming from my RKEC mod.

i try to make the tooltips with most infos possible. size... cost.. employment.. radius... attendance... weight capacity... what can craft... even tips at the end
of each item.

an example:

NMT30Watermill
Medieval watermill makes flour from grain. Size: 9x7. Cost 48 lumber, 42 stone, 32 iron. Can make: flour from wheat, corn, barley, sorghum, oat, rye, rice. Employment: 1-3 millers. Tips: This building require some water tiles. Work faster than windmill. They take 16 grains and make 24-32 flour. +100% educ. , +50% uneduc.

there is a lot of lines.

in same time, those lines can help me to do some kind of wiki.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #683 on: January 07, 2019, 06:17:14 PM »
lots of work but i do think that is useful info to have. it is appreciated.