News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 26, 2017, 05:37:49 AM
That looks very promising. There is a need of such trade ports for developed towns. I would suggest to use the OpaqueInWaterMaterial to give your texture a natural under water look. You can just copy it from the vanilla post. :)

wow, thank you. It does make it look so much better :)
I'd completely missed this. I'll need to do it with all my water pieces now... thanks.

;D

Maldrick

Oh that's awesome.  Building Materials only trader, perhaps?  Would be very helpful.  Or a choice between regular and specialized traders?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

galensgranny

That new trading post looks quite nice!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

I just noticed something that I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not.

If/When you get around to updating DSRoads, it seems that the tool tip for gravel roads does not mention that they need stone to build.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Thanks for that @Hawk , I will be updating the DS Roads mod, not sure when yet as most has to be rebuilt as I lost many of the original textures quite a while ago.

onto some other news:

I have been working a bit on expanding the Celtic House mod:

I have adjusted the original house size it is now 5x5. I have added another large house 6x6 and a smaller one 4x4. Have a few others I still need to texture and code.
I've made a couple of storage shelters and plan on adding a workshop, wood chopper and maybe school and chapel.

Hawk

Quote from: Discrepancy on December 28, 2017, 09:22:24 PM
Thanks for that @Hawk , I will be updating the DS Roads mod, not sure when yet as most has to be rebuilt as I lost many of the original textures quite a while ago.

That sucks, but I know how it is. I used to do a lot of 3D Modeling for a couple of train simulators, but a hard drive crash put a real damper on my enthusiasm for that when I lost a ton of stuff.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Abandoned

oh my gosh, did that set turn out nice.  :)  Another great update, thanks Discrepancy.

adelegarland

;D
Can't wait to get it!!!    Love it!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Discrepancy

Happy New Year everyone :)

I've been working on a few things of late, a couple of patch mods and this:

the upcoming DS Celtic House and Village (v2.0)

I've decided to add a download here for the very first beta compile if anyone would like to try it out and give some feedback and suggestions.

There are 3 sized roundhouses with variants, a village house which serves as temporary accommodation, 3 storage buildings, a water producing well and a fire-fighting well, a campfire kitchen, a workshop, wood-chopper and stone circles...

download the beta version below

I still have some work to do. Namely the build models for the stone circles, a more 'appealing' workshop, better icons and many other little things.
I'm also still thinking about some kind of school building.

The mod adds the following resources:  Water, Gruel, Vegetable Stew, Hunters Stew, Bannocks (Hardtack bread), Stone Tools.
It also adds the Worker profession.

download the beta version here: - this mod will show as conflicting, but should work with everything. There are no new flags so can be played in any game. Should also be able to be added to an old save.

Old! -- DOWNLOAD latest BETA version here

**edit -- removed download link - use link just above to download latest version.

taniu

@ Discrepancy  :DI really like the Celtic village. I have a question whether it is possible to "CELTIC CAMPFIRE" - it was a single mod - I like it very much and would be useful in other initial conditions - Please
If for additional buildings - think about herbalism, but not about collecting, to heal people. Crafts - ceramics. The potters used wheels and added graphite to the clay, increasing the pot life and giving them a specific shade. Gun accessories [oval shields, swords and their vaginas,] harnesses and chariots, button-shaped decorations (so-called Fibula), belts and necklaces with a decorations . They were usually made of gold-plated bronze, precious metal and iron. They extracted salt. They produced tools: files, scissors, hoes. If you feel like it, can you add a craft building ?Greetings

Discrepancy

@taniu , thanks I will look into making the campfire standalone.

A herbalist and healer would be nice :)

I've been remaking the Pick & Hen Brewery:

no timeframe on this one though. It isn't catching my imagination right now as I'm just remaking the same building  :D

RedKetchup

oh nice they look totally medieval :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .