Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Palm Tree Start

Started by kralyerg, March 12, 2018, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kralyerg

Palm Tree Start

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=416

By request, here is a Starting Condition where, instead of the regular trees, you have Palm Trees.  The Forester will plant/harvest the Palm trees for wood, like normal.  And the Remove Tree tool will remove the Palms.  Nothing else is changed.  (No Iron Ore, No Reeds, No weird CC things)

If you want a suitable terrain (like a sand/desert) you'll need to use another mod to get that (like the CC Terrains mod) as this is *only* the Start Condition, not any terrains.

Paegin

Thank you so much! Now we just need a full village set of Polynesian type buildings! (Hint hint! lol)

Also, I've started playing regular Banished with some of the newer mods, but what I do miss about CC is the Hunting Blinds, the Rice patty, and the Reed farm. I'd be glad to add Reeds and Ducks to my mods, if only I could get those standalone. Any chance of that?  :)

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Paegin

Yes, I know those. But I need the hunter blind. lol :)

Hawk

OK! I guess I misunderstood that part of your post.

Quote from: Paegin on March 12, 2018, 09:16:13 PM
I'd be glad to add Reeds and Ducks to my mods, if only I could get those standalone. Any chance of that?  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Paegin

Only problem with this mod is, I can't use it with any other start mod. No palm trees on my Sandy Beach.  :'( :'(
The Shipwreck storage would be good too, for a true Castaway feel. Sigh.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paegin on March 30, 2018, 08:25:50 PM
Only problem with this mod is, I can't use it with any other start mod. No palm trees on my Sandy Beach.  :'( :'(
The Shipwreck storage would be good too, for a true Castaway feel. Sigh.

it is normal, with this game allow only 1 start mod at the time no matter what.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tuggistar

This mod adds new starting conditions or simply replaces the base trees, because I did not understand a little. If just replaces the base trees then it is much better. If not, you can simply replace the base trees.

JM

Pam tree start + DS terrain an climates --> foresters plant vanilla trees.
Tried both Palm tree above and below DS terrains.
What am I doing wrong?

(maritime trees works fine with DS terrains)

edit // maritime trees are not start mod - is that the reason?

brads3

don't think you are doing anything wrong. i think you need  a palm tree forester that will plant just palm trees.

kralyerg

That's very strange. The Forester is supposed to plant the palm trees.  I'll have to look into that this evening.

Abandoned

@kralyerg  I noticed problem before but neglected to mention it.  The problem still exists, the foresters do not plant the palm trees.  I just tested with vanilla forester (no other tree mods used except Palm Tree Start) and vanilla trees are planted. 

Hope it can be fixed, the palm trees are very nice.  :)

kralyerg

Oh, strange.  It was an easy fix.

I'm not sure why I didn't fix it earlier when the problem was first brought up.

I updated the download.

Abandoned