News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

More Cheese Please!

Started by child_of_air, May 18, 2018, 11:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Oh yes, feta is one of them. From Greece. Chevre from France and so on..

Just too many.

Abandoned

Feta cheese is goat cheese, hmm, I have eaten goat cheese then.  :)

Why not name the building Goat Farm or Goat Cheessery and then simply goat cheese (plain) and herb cheese (with herbs).

I like that roof.  :)

Discrepancy

I don't think all Feta you get is actually made from goats milk, mostly nowadays commercial feta is more than likely made in part or totally from cows milk. At least that holds true in my own country.

kid1293

@Discrepancy is right. They (the greeks) have, like many other countries, mixed their
goat cheese with cows milk for a softer taste.

@Abandoned - I like the name Village Cheese for the building and yes, the products will
be simple and easy to recognize. Who wants Feta cheese in a mexican village?

Now another problem. Do we need Goat Milk? I say no. Not now.
Maybe if someone could animate animals and we get baby goats :)

@child_of_air - This is maybe not what you wanted but it is a start. If you are persistent
someday someone will make those yummy cheese brands.

I have to check output and numbers but soon you get goat cheese.

@River - Sorry for no meat. The goat supply is limited. :)

Tom Sawyer

I remember earlier when buying feta you had to look at ingredients to be sure that it's 100% sheep and not fake feta from cow or stretched with cow milk without taste. Since some time it's a protected label and must be from sheep made in Greek. They still try to catch you with feta style pictures and similar names but cannot use this name anymore. At least in the EU it is so.

RedKetchup

but feta is still a good short name :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

@kid1293 , I love the look of your goat building!  :) I would like even more if it had a matching small storage shed, not more than 2x2, or maybe as large as 3 x 3.  Then, a matching house for the goat herder is definitely needed!  ;D
Regarding the kind of cheese, I don't really care as long as it is not the same as the other cheese making buildings we already have.

kid1293

@galensgranny - I don't know if I should be glad or run away and hide  :D
I am about to release it and, just in time, you want more. You beat me to it with 15 minutes!
[...day's plans cancelled]

??? :-\ :-X ;) :)

[day rescheduled...]

I make another shed  ::) and a matching house.
Please! Don't suggest fertilizer!  ;D

kid1293

Hi again!

Just to wet your appetite. When I am done you will do anything for goat cheese. :)
I am going away, this will continue later.

Voeille

Nice choice for the stone texture! I'm not into goat cheese (I tried pizza with goat cheese, but... never again. I had to carefully remove all the goat cheese to be able to finish it ;) Feta is great though, so I suppose I must've tried it made with cow milk), but what about smoked cheese? For all I can recall it's not available in CC smoke house, but it'd be great as an option. To make it simple, it'd only involve cheese and firewood, without barrels or anything like that.

galensgranny

Oooh, the shed looks great!  :)   I have been wanting one looking along those lines and size for a long time.
I am glad I was in time to help you organize your day in a new way!  ;D   But, seriously, people will love more matching items for your goat cheese pen.  Thank you ever so much for adding the new shed and a house!!!  :-*

Please! Don't suggest fertilizer!
Never, I have not dealt with fertilizer in my game.  My soil is perfect with no need for any additives.  ;D

brads3

as long as you are expanding the animal sheds, i wish there was a "flipped" variation. a way that 2 could be set so they connect together.now when you place another 1,there is either a walk space between or 1 looks backwards from the 1st. how much do you want to expand this set?

Abandoned

Is this being added to the animal sheds?  I think it is separate mod, goat cheese, shed, and house. Nice, glad you suggested added buildings  @galensgranny   :)

galensgranny

Quote from: Abandoned on May 23, 2018, 06:25:46 AM
Is this being added to the animal sheds?  I think it is separate mod, goat cheese, shed, and house. Nice, glad you suggested added buildings  @galensgranny   :)
But of course, more is always needed, Abandoned!  ;D   

I don't think it needs to be a separate mod from the Animal Shed SA, but rather that there needs to be a house to match the texture of the lamb and animal shed (cow and chicken pen).  That is a very nice wood wall texture in the current Animal Shed SA, but so sadly, no matching home.  That would make mighty find mod, with the new stuff added.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, Feta is nice and short but you will get trouble with guys from EU commission.^^ I would prefer a tasty well matured goat gouda. :)