News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

CC Docks

Started by River, May 25, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Love the CC Docks, great way to add features. I like the Dock Chicken Breeder, which gives you eggs, chicken, and feathers.

Thing is, I have no use for the feathers. I don't use the traders much, so it just stockpiles and takes up space. Anyway to get a similar item standalone, like the Sheep Shed, maybe a Chicken Shed but no feathers?
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Abandoned

Kids Animal Shed has a cow for milk and chickens for eggs.  :)

River

Yes, I have that, and the Sheep Shed too. Just wish that it also included meat.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Abandoned

The animal sheds were meant for a small family farm and to tide them over until a trading post gets built and the trader finally comes with livestock.  :)

estherhb

The Feathers can be used with Reeds (from the Docks Reed Farm) to make Survival Coats at the Dock Workshop. They make great trade items or can just be used as clothing. Excess Feathers can be traded.

elemental

You could build a food trader and trade feathers for some sort of fancy food. Spoil your bannies with exotic fruit or meat or something.

Waste of a worker, you might think? They probably won't be spending too much time shifting feathers and when they aren't doing trade-related work I've heard that they act as super labourers, able to carry more goods than normal labourers because they have that barrow.

Abandoned

Added info about animal sheds - the first shed with cow and chicken was in fact made for Kid's Christmas mod to provide ingredients - milk and eggs - to make seasonal eggnog.  :)

Nilla

Quote from: elemental on May 25, 2018, 04:44:21 PM
Waste of a worker, you might think? They probably won't be spending too much time shifting feathers and when they aren't doing trade-related work I've heard that they act as super labourers, able to carry more goods than normal labourers because they have that barrow.

A pity, that it doesn't work like this. A trader is a very dutiful person. When He's "off duty" he will work as laborer, but he would never use the barrow that belongs to the port for low worth laborer's work. ;)

River

Thank you all for your attention to this.

I only thought it might be nice to have meat added to the existing animal sheds, and that one could be for chicken, sans the feathers. I know there was chatter in another thread regarding some changes to the sheds, and I thought I'd imput. I find pastures and animals a bit of a waste of space (just my opinion) and it would be nice to have the small sheds that produce the meat in addition to the edible byproducts of the animals available instead. That's all.

I have downloaded Kid's latest Cheese Shed and that is a nice thing. For the others, I guess it will or will not happen. But thanks anyway.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: River on May 26, 2018, 04:27:28 AM
I find pastures and animals a bit of a waste of space (just my opinion)

Just out of curiosity, why do find them a waste of space?

You get chicken and eggs from a chicken pen, wool and mutton from the sheep pen, and beef and leather from the cow pen, and with another mod you can also get a little milk from a cow pen.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

I imagine we could have all animals in large confined spaces and not bother about pastures.
There is no end to which animals we could have under a large roof. A herd of ostriches?
20 million snails?

Excuse me for being cynical. Banished is a game and contains fantasy. Fantasy is supposed to make you feel good.
Making Banished mirror reality is a way to kill fantasy and feeling-good.  :(

Just my 2 cents. Nothing against experiments to further game play.

River

Wow. I am sorry. I did not mean to upset so many people. For the life of me, I don't understand the apparent (to me) hostility. Let's just not continue this thread ok? It's point is moot, and things are fine the way they are ok?  :(

I will never make any more suggestions. They just seem to piss off my favorite modders and I don't want that.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

River

Kid's post just now. It is coming off very sarcastic and hostile to me. Look, I'm not replying anymore to this thread. Can we just close it?