News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 30, 2018, 02:13:10 PM
thanks you. i will delay the update for a day... and go back on each pieces and give full row of "green arrows"

This is the reason why this mod is offered here before it reaches Steam: so you guys can play and test :)

so i added a full row of "fake road" in front of all the buildings. when i was playing, i was making my "roads" with the walking docks and each side , there are buildings. i didnt thought that people would like to take those buildings and use it as a "road" too. so when you didnt set up a clear "fake road" prior, people were getting some citizens trapped without pathways. sorry about that. that is fixed now.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i am compiling all 3 .pkm presently and uploading them.

so little patch 1.21 got :

A new Dock Market 10x10
Fixed the 1x2 storage, citizens will use it now.
Fixed all Dock Set so all buildings will have now a full row of "fake roads" in front preventing the citizens to being stuck.
Fixed Wild Cotton, Wild Flax, Wild Oats, they were looking too much standing above the ground.

RedKetchup

>< sorry >< updated to 1.22.

one of the fixes i did with dock pieces (to put full roads in front...) bugged everything. now instead , it is normal green tiles, no more arrows. people will have to rely on their eyes
to find where citizens can go ^^

hopledor

I've downloaded and started to try v1.22 light.
I've built a lot of dock houses (and every dock buildings i think) without being careful at all and everything is running very smoothly. No pathing problem, nobody stucked.
So far it's great!

Only thing I noticed (sorry because I didn't focused on this before) is that some dock buildings don't visually connect well to others.
Tailor, blacksmith, sawmill and watermill could be a little bit wider to avoid some gaps. It's especially noticable when you build two of these side by side.
Market could also be a few pixels wider but that's even less visible.

RedKetchup

rotate them. maybe the front wasnt exactly where it was meant to be... we dont have any green arrows now..... that can be confusing.

i personally got 1 stuck in the dock school courtyard

hopledor

That's only about the way it looks.
And you're right a 90° rotation would solve it.
It's just that I want it for you to be perfect and look nice regardless the layout choosen for a village :)
A simple visual solution to this without any modification to the buildings could be to add an item: a ghost plank at low dock level (on the edge of the tile).

RedKetchup

Quote from: hopledor on January 01, 2019, 05:37:25 AM
That's only about the way it looks.
And you're right a 90° rotation would solve it.
It's just that I want it for you to be perfect and look nice regardless the layout choosen for a village :)
A simple visual solution to this without any modification to the buildings could be to add an item: a ghost plank at low dock level (on the edge of the tile).

yeah they were made before i finally set my strategy about making a standard dock which i reused in all the others.

RedKetchup

looks like we will need a patch 1.23 :S
Dock market cost is bad.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 01, 2019, 09:31:53 AM
looks like we will need a patch 1.23 :S
Dock market cost is bad.

i am still doing some changes, tweaks.... fixing bugs....
planing for a 1.23 patch soon.... 3-4 days, maybe a week. it will be on steam in same time.

RedKetchup

i am still working on a 1.23 RKEC patch...

while playing i've got a problem with the Low Boat Bridge. the merchant refused to use it. so i've gone compare the Wood vanilla Bridge and my LowBoat Bridge.

The paths are set by _ _ _ _ _ allowing the citizens pass, while the pathtype is set to "bridge" instead of immovable, or fast, or faster....

so i did the same for my LowBoat Bridge. and when i made it, i tested it and worked well. But i still compared cause was bugging.
the only difference are 2 lines of code which, when i read those, there is nothing telling me thats important or it has an impact.

MapDescription map
{
   PathType _pathType = Bridge;
   bool _addOnCreate = false;
   bool _neverAdd = true;
   String _pathBitmap =
      "_
       _
       _
       _
       _
       _
       _";

bool _addToOverhead = true;
   Color _mapColor = 0xFF545454;
}

i've put those line in red. but i still did it, i added those, i compiled and did a new test and as you can see the sequences of pictures.... the merchant used it.

does it do a difference ? was it working before ? or not really ? i don't know ! i tested it and was fine. sometime the game itself bug and it is not the Mod's fault !!

Discrepancy

:) if that is the case I hope you are right.
My jetty bridges are using the PathType _pathType = Bridge; but i never thought to add that other code. I will have to do some tests with my own. Thanks for sharing.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 05, 2019, 08:48:08 PM
:) if that is the case I hope you are right.
My jetty bridges are using the PathType _pathType = Bridge; but i never thought to add that other code. I will have to do some tests with my own. Thanks for sharing.

did you had some problems with your bridges ?

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2019, 08:08:10 PM
   bool _addOnCreate = false;
   bool _neverAdd = true;

sometime we dont know as much as you guys.
_addOnCreate : "add" what ? "On" what ? and "Create" what ?
bool _neverAdd : never "Add" what ?

for me it is Alien.

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2019, 09:00:18 PM
did you had some problems with your bridges ?
Yes I have always had issues with any kind of modular bridge I've made... though like you have described, sometimes it is like the game bugs because I've had maps when for years the boats would stop at the traders going under all the bridges, but then on others they would not.

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2019, 09:05:24 PM
Quote   bool _addOnCreate = false;
   bool _neverAdd = true;
sometime we dont know as much as you guys.
_addOnCreate : "add" what ? "On" what ? and "Create" what ?
bool _neverAdd : never "Add" what ?

for me it is Alien.

in most template files the mapDescription code is used for pathing of citizens and adding the marker/colour to the overhead map.

bool _addOnCreate = true/false; I've never been able to quite figure out that code either. it is used mostly in the RawMaterial and NaturalResources files, I had always thought it was something to do with adding the item at map start/load. but only a guess as it feels to be more than that. I could never work it out, as what exactly is it adding to the map?
with a bridge set to false, I don't think the code is doing anything anyway, as all the other templates where it is omitted would also be likely defaulting to false/0.
places where the code isn't omitted yet still set to false is the bridge, tunnel, the animal shelter attached to pasture, and the pasture template as well as the cemetery and all the fences (wood/stone) attached to these codes.
the only other code i can find that has it set as true apart from the RawMaterial and NaturalResources files is the file calling up the tombstones themselves and the storage cart that is set in place during harder starts.... something to think about. Is it meaning it adds a pathing restriction when added? eg do citizens dodge the tombstones when they appear in a cemetery? do they dodge resources on the ground?

the code bool _neverAdd = true; i can find only ever set to true, and appears in only these template files: Cemetery, Pasture, Tunnel and Bridge, all are drag-able buildings that have a construction cost associated with them along with models (unlike the crop and orchards where these codes are omitted and buildings are simply decals on ground). is this code saying that the whole building footprint becomes accessible to citizens and is referring to never adding a pathing restriction despite what the PathType is set as?
in the bridge PathType _pathType = Bridge;, in the tunnel it is  PathType _pathType = Unusable; in the pasture it is PathType _pathType = Occasional; and cemetery is set as PathType _pathType = Normal;

a lot to think about.

RedKetchup

i added a couple of pieces in the new simple wood fences. i noticed there were missing some pieces i wished to have used while playing....

gates and lamposts that follow the straight fences which standing at the edge of 2 tiles.