News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Not able to be around much these days

Started by galensgranny, August 07, 2018, 02:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elana

We havn't met.  You have chosen a very difficult path.  I admire you.  I retired from nursing Home Administration - a job i hated because owners bleed the system.  My experience, many folks entrusted to my care were, in effect, abandoned by their families.

You chose the honorable path - be proud.   Do get some sleep - and 'banish' those blues (smile).
Do as you would be done by

galensgranny

Thanks, @Nilla , @catty-cb , and @elana !
elana, it is sad for people to be abandoned by their families in nursing homes, except for maybe some rare calls or visits.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on August 08, 2018, 10:52:14 PM
Thanks, @Nilla , @catty-cb , and @elana !
elana, it is sad for people to be abandoned by their families in nursing homes, except for maybe some rare calls or visits.

in canada thats extremly common. 98% of the time, all oldies are in center for oldies. my parents and my sisters died young, barely 60. but i have an example just in front of me, my house renter, she 80's and her daughter and her are searching and looking for a place for her (instead to take her at home :-[ and take care of her)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

catty-cb

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 09, 2018, 12:03:57 AM
in canada thats extremly common. 98% of the time, all oldies are in center for oldies....

Think its a bit different here ... according to the government statistics about 35 thousand live in rest homes and about the same number live in retirement villages ... most people are like the lady that sold me the house she is 95 and was planning on going and living with her daughter

my mother wants to stay living with me, but she says if she ever reaches the point where her mind starts to go, or her health has deteriorated to the point she needs full-time care then she wants to go into a rest home (nursing home)

Goblin Girl

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 09, 2018, 12:03:57 AMbut i have an example just in front of me, my house renter, she 80's and her daughter and her are searching and looking for a place for her (instead to take her at home :-[ and take care of her)
To be fair, if you have to work full time, and you have a family, adding the care of an ill elderly relative may not be possible.  The main reason my FIL is in a nursing home is that lifting him became too difficult.  I mean, he only weighs about 100 lbs, but that's still a lot of weight to lift multiple times a day. His life partner is in her 80s, and she kept dropping him.   Too, he's actually much healthier now.  He has gained weight, he doesn't have bed sores, and they get him up to participate in activities.  His quality of life in the nursing home is better than it was, isolated at home.

RedKetchup

oh bah she still able to get up, walk, talk.... it is just sometime she lose the knowledge of time and get back in the past....
and forget things.... like a cookpot in the oven.... kinda of things.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .