News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Beldingford

Started by brads3, March 21, 2019, 08:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 16

we need to cut more firewood. a sawmill will be built south of town to be closer to the forest. the laborers can haul more stone  and iron ore  and cut trees.the builders can dig more of the moat.

i  went ahead and started to dig the inner half of the moat.the shoreline end of the castle i am going to wait on.KID set this up where i could dig the shore out and the castle wall can extend down.or i could slope the ground and add a trade post and fishing hut.i mainly want to give the laborers and builders time to catch up.

plan is to use the inner half of the moat to grow food.2 water farms each of cranberry,rice,and watercress.

i noticed a problem. the filler canal pieces won't allow water to flow thru them to the mill.those pieces would look odd with this double wide moat.  i have to reset the mill end farther back.difference is only 1 tile but it will get rid of the filler pieces on the sides. there will be fillers on either side of the bridge so i might have to adjust the mill.took time but the canal is reset.

pic 1:KID  sawmill
pic 2: started to hand dig the inner moat.you can see the skipped or missed tiles that needed terraformed.a stretchable dig tool would be helpful.

pic 3:void of the water.most of these will be covered.

brads3

YEAR 17

the bannies and i are tired from all the shoveling.there is so much dirt flying around,we can't see straight either.we do have a lot more to do thou.i want to dig the inner half of the moat out.the whole area can be dug out.the bannies have to increase food production.a herbalist and gatherer will work northeast of the north farms.

pic 1: north gathering hut
pic 2:moat being dugout
pic 3; inner moat

brads3

YEAR 18

We have more graduates so will build 2 more houses.they will help haul stones to the canals and cut trees.the builders dug out the moat and built a bridge to the castle.in order  to get the water flow tooperate the mill wheel,i will use wood dock pieces on the ends.the mill and tavern will be stone and there will be some stone walls and walkways.hopefully i can hide the water void.

pic 1:south clearing
pic 2; inner moat dugout
pic 3:moat bridge

brads3

YEAR 19

the bannies have a lot of trees to cut.they start moving supplies for the castle and the builders will work on the inner  moat. the bannies go homeless building the docks.they get scared of snakes in the water or turtles i guess.due to that we had 1 starve themself.
an old time stone boardinghouse has to be built.nobody showed hungry, but we have had 2 starvation deaths.the cemetary does not show graves.the notification report is wrong. most of the homeless are students.there is 1 older male and a mid-aged female.

the bannies cleared debris for the castle but fail to supply materials to it. the builders do not assign over to it either. not a major problem.it will be deleted and reset. must have glitched it with pausing construction after it was placed.

pic 1:dock farms
pic 2: OT stone boardinghouse

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

population 99,education improved to 45%. the work village is stable.we improved hunting and gathering.graduates expand farms.we have taken some food in with the tradepost. some grain helped improve out health.having fur coats helped also. the bannies still gather food and firewood when needed in the fall.most years, we produce more food than we use.one group of nomads came to help dig more stone and clear land.

it took a few years to clear the land but it did allow me to see when placing the pieces.even thou i tried to go slow,there were some mistakes along the way.i pointed them out. not everything goes smooth or works as you want in banished. there has been a ton of terraforming and digging.actual construction began in year 15.the bannies have worked at a decent pace.in 10yrs, it has gone from a forested area to a moat for the castle.   

the plan is to take nomads once the castle has housing.

i do wish we had a stretchable terraform tool for a -1 and -2 deep tiles.a ghosted decor water square would be helpful to cover some voids. NECORA's water tiles are a tad higher than RED's canals and the banished water level.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: citizen graph

brads3

YEAR 20

reset the castle and leave the bannies to build it.odd as it is,i had to put  dirt back in so the bannies would walk over to the castle. they refused to supply materials to it.guess they are scared of heights? they do walk back across KID's bridge but not out over it.
i found the problem. i forgot that the canal wall is half ghosted. needed 1 more bridge tile under the canal edge.otherwise there was a hole even thou it didn't look like it. the bannies will use it now.

a tiny market will be built by the north farms. a huge veggy fruit barn should give them enough storage space.finally, a trader brought a fruit seed,grape seed. we will clear an orchard next spring.

pic 1: castle looking from south
pic 2 castle east
pic 3: castle north
pic 4:DS veggy fruit barn

Abandoned

:) Wow, that castles area is looking very nice, good job, a lot of effort going into it.

RedKetchup

how do you plan to finish the north part ? there is still missing some water :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

the front of the moat is planned to be stone.a mill and tavern go in there. the moat in the end has stone walls on the inside around the castle as well.

thank you ,ABANDONED.it was a lot of hand digging for sure.

brads3

YEAR 21

we clear 2 orchards for the grapes next to the fruit and veggy barn.while the bannies are busy up north,i will layout the side walkways to the castle.the main bridge is double wide and steps lead down to the dock level.the rice farms can be completed as well.

this castle will need housing.KID's raised houses system is mind blowing. they were fun to play with to see if they could be used.he set some buildings for inside the castle. even thou they look ghosted,they do not work everywhere. KID set them like  jigsaw puzzle pieces.they don't always fit where you think they.main reason to going slow is this mill.it has to be set to push the water flow but not leave a void.not do i want a bunch of 3 or 4 wide walkways covering  it.

surprisingly, the grapes did produce even as late as they were planted.the forever treemod did help them. a half a crop total between both orchards.

i did play with the debug tool.the mill has to be moved a tile toline it up with the side wall of the moat.i can get 2 houses on the front.even so there is a void of about 3 spaces wide where water flows to the mill.looked at a couple ideas with it.wood houses don't cover enough of it.a bakery would work but have to be raised back to ground level. the tavern side will look even better.EB made some decor pieces for the beach mod that will make a picnic patio.   

pic 1: grape orchards
pic 2: wider bridge and steps. note the voids under the edges of the dock pieces. they can not be covered.
pic 3: a debug test to see how things will fit. the old stone canals and docks do match closely.

brads3

YEAR 22

the bannies have been good at getting work done before late of winter.this gives them time to regroup before planting season.i do have to wait til mid spring before starting the new years.this nordic climate is harsher.i do wish it would get a little warmer in summer but without offsetting the other seasons.the warmer temp would balance the crop production from year to year.overall it is really close to a mid-atlantic region.i did expand fields with some graduates as the population grew.i am impressed with how smooth the food production has been.the main downfall was the chesnuts are affected by the cold more than expected.

someone mentioned storage issues with different items.with this mod order,i have this dialed that precious items are textiles. so there are some odd items in the markets.thatch is firewood and even the DS hovels will burn it.the only major storage issue i saw was trying to move fertilizer.RED's carts seemed to move different goods but not enough fertilizer. KIDs dung pile solved that.KID's small markets fit little villages and don't move all flags.other than the extra textile flagged items,the markets move what the bannies use.RED has this mod balanced super well.we have no excess goods with a hge surplus.i had to work to find something to trade for seed at the tradepost.nothing is overpowered.

the builders can start work on the front of the moat.whatever i do to 1 side, i do to the other to keep it balanced.19 nomads arrive, but is more than the castle is ready for.i  changed the welcome sign from the 10% to a 2%.the bannies build the dock houses for a walkway then pause them.the mill is completed.there is a slight void at the waterwheel that Necora's riffle mod and KID's mist mods will cover. the rest of this end might take some engineering.the water flows under the side dock farms around a corner to get the flow to spin the mill wheel.the bannies do need a walkway connecting to the sides.the tavern is finished.the bannies have ran low on stone. they will spend the rest of summer and fall gathering stone,firewood,and food.as long as they are lookingfor stone,they will bring back whatever else they find.

this transition from stone to wood docks at the mill corner has been fun.i almost think i should have set the mill differently and  fit another stone house where the mill is. since it is built i won't try that.it would have changed the balance to the tavern side anyhow.we need housing and a storage for the flour.way it fits the bannies will have more walkway than they need.

the bannies have used the storage crates near the bridge.they already brought coats, tools,and some food.

pic 1:north storage, there is a small general pile and a small KIDs general cart.
pic 2:dock mill
pic 3: dock tavern
pic 4: gap along the castle walls,we need more stone

brads3

YEAR 23

a wood house and shed are built on the mill side.a wood house has also been built to the tavern side.there is housing for 8 workers on the outside of the castle.17 nomads arrive to move into the castle.a school,bakery,butcher shop,and chapel are inside the castle.the bannies still need to haul more stone to finish the moat wall.
          a KID sail boat and some of Necora's riffle water will cover the gap.to help the food production, we took 1000 rasberry in trade.

pic 1:mill corner
pic 2: tavern corner
pic 3: mill water flow.rifle mod,mist, and a KID deco boat
pic 4: castle school
pic 5: castle church

brads3

YEAR 24

the castle works as a boardinghouse. bannies live in it for now. they would move out if i built houses.the inside castle needs 4 workers so i am going to build 2 loft houses.KID's 2 story houses with some storage under them will work. i did get some posts to hold the houses up. the 1st floor houses won't set inside the castle walls.the laborers still need to haul more stone for the inner moat side walls.since they were banned from trapping,they built a trapper statue.don't tell the king, they have trapped game out of the north.KID's hunter is a rebel. note the bannies took a vote and overrode the King's order.

the bannies did some cleanup around the village and planted a couple trees.the sawmill  cut some lumber.a cemetary and market were built north of the castle.there are barns filling by the north farms, so more goods need moved.

pic 1:loft houses,
pic 2: trapper statue
pic 3: rebel hunter who does some trapping
pic 4: west moat
pic 5: north moat
pic 6: east moat
pic 7: castle cemetary and market

brads3

YEAR 25

the bannies have to finish the wall on the lake side.a stone wash well,tables,and a couple benches were added inside the castle.
there is a slight break between the lake and east moat. TANDY's lilies grow along the lake shore.

the map can grow and expand. a town could build up north of the new cemetary and market. if we had more seeds and livestock the north farms would expand west along the river.   25 years is a good stopping point with the castle completed.

with so many mods,trading can be a challenging monster.for lack of a better word. it is very random.there are so many different items that the traders often bring what you don't need more so than what you hope for. anything from feathers to fancy jewelry. i restrict the merchants more by trying to take in food that we have or plan to produce.RED's mod is balanced so there is no huge surplus of a good to trade out either.

there are some options. KID has a seed or a livestock TP.RED has the only combined seed and livestock TP. they come with a cost,KID's is either or and RED's needs different building materials. even then there is no quarantee. there are many tropical seeds. i added a CC mod for trading horses but it also brings other trade animals. those aren't used for food.odds are you will get trade bison or ducks and orange or fig seed. none of which will work in this climate.

none of that is to say the trading is wrong. i actually think it is realistically more right than wrong. it does make you work for things.as i said i do restrict it more. the bannies don't ship things they need like food.sometimes they will swap a veggy for fruit. with 2 veggy crops ,we could have swapped pumpkins for grain or fruit. keep in mind as you new players add mods,they also change other parts of the game. 

pic 1: lake wall
pic 2: wash well
pic 3: end stats
pic 4:production
pic 5:inventory
pic 6:food grpah