News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - Festival Park & Deco Set

Started by Jinxiewinxie, April 30, 2019, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Jinxie - Festival Park & Deco Set

Description: This mod adds parks that provide happiness to nearby citizens. Included is a plain village park as well as themed parks that have been decorated for specific seasons/festivities. There's also three different wood colors you can choose from for each park's fencing/tables as F-Key variants. Each park's decorations are also included as place-able deco pieces so you can decorate your village for each season/holiday.

Here's a screenshot of all the parks next to eachother:

Each item inside the parks and the people you see in the above image are also deco pieces that you can place down to make your village a bit more lively, especially in places where your citizens don't usually travel.

Handy Links:  Download  ||  Discuss  ||  WIP Thread

I'm very open to any feedback or suggestions you may have, so please feel free to share =)

Version History:
1.0 - Initial Release
2.0 - Sneaky optimization update - decreased file size without making any real changes
2.1 - Added round picnic table and some F-Key options for a few deco pieces

Jinxiewinxie

Long List of Deco Items:

Misc: Small Plant, Tree, Deco People (Standing/Sitting and Male/Female with different oufits, also a bride and groom)
Easter: Easter Eggs, Easter Basket, Easter Bunny Costumed Man
Wedding: Wedding Arch, Flower Garland Fence, Decorated Tree
Thanksgiving: Dried Corn Stalks, Cooking Pot over a fire, Food Items (Meat tray, Veggie tray, Bread tray, Pie tray, Wedding Cake), Picnic Table, Turkey Animal fella
Halloween: Black Cat, Cauldron, Ghost, Raven, Spooky Fence, Pumpkins on hay bales, Scarecrow, Witch, Gravemarkers
Christmas: Snowman, Sleds, Christmas Tree

Phew! =) Some items have F-Key variants and I'd be happy to add more in a future release if there's certain pieces that could benefit from an extra position or color situation happening. The Wedding Cake is actually in the Thanksgiving Deco sub-menu as an F-Key variant of the Food Items.. just so all the food is together =)

Jinxiewinxie

Yay! I hope you like 'em! I've had a lot of fun with the pieces so far =D

taniu

Jinxie :D  Hi thank you very much - fantastic mod, that people are sitting - I like this. Greetings

Jinxiewinxie

I've made a small sneaky update to the mod that just made it a bit smaller in size - no other changes but would be happy to add more deco pieces if folks request it =)

Fences that match the set can be found in my Rabbit Hutch mod... thinking of putting them in this one as well so I can just have one main deco set mod but nobody has asked for it so I don't know how useful fences in here would be.

Jinxiewinxie

Added a round picnic table and some F-Key variants so that the crow can sit nicely on a centered fence as well as an edge tile fence, same for the ghost fence, so it'll fit along the edge of a tile or in the center of one and a couple new corn stalks so they're in neat positions too =)

Abandoned

:) Round tables are very nice. I like the crows.  Just a thought if you do another update, I think the corn stalks could be more yellow in color, more like the hay bale to be more noticeable.

Jinxiewinxie

Will do! I was thinking of adding a chick model and a rabbit for the easter decorations., so when I put that together I'll add in a corn stalk color change =)

Abandoned

galensgranny

The small park is wonderful!  Would feel like maybe making a version without a fence?

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: galensgranny on May 14, 2019, 02:27:44 PM
The small park is wonderful!  Would feel like maybe making a version without a fence?

Just the plain one without fencing? So it would be only a tree and picnic table? Or a plain park square that gives happiness without any decorations at all included in it?

Abandoned

I don't know what @galensgranny had in mind but I like the sound of a plain park square with happiness without any deco in it.  :)  Many possibilities for use.

galensgranny

I would like one with no fence or deco.  Then one can arrange the deco as they prefer.  I do also like your fenced park, but really would also like a plain park.

What kind of happiness does your park give?

Jinxiewinxie

AlkalineCube

This looks fantastic, in game, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other places I can stick those seated pawns. PEOPLE are the ultimate decoration! Also, I loooove the look of those skins you and 1 made, and I'm coming up with a lot of ideas for more, once I can learn how to show you.