News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - Natural Decorations v1.1

Started by Jinxiewinxie, May 12, 2019, 06:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Jinxie - Natural Decorations

Description:Just a little deco mod that adds deco versions of all the base game's natural elements so you can place them down around your towns as you'd like.

All the items on THIS side of the steam are deco and were placed manually. Included are deco versions of the base game crops (wheat, potato, peppers, beans, pumpkin, squash, corn, cabbage) and then all the gather-able items (mushrooms, herbs, blueberries, onions & roots) and then each of the trees, rocks and iron ore deposits.

Most of them have F-Key options, except for the Oak Tree because the game only has one model for that fella. The trees change their appearance through the seasons, just like the base-game trees do. You can also rotate all these deco pieces around when you're placing them with the R key and it gives some of them a completely different look =)

Update 1.1 adds deco versions of all the base-game orchard trees as well as gatherable boxes, baskets and resource piles:

Handy Links:  Download  ||  Discuss  ||  WIP Thread

Version History:
1.0 - Initial Release
1.1 - Added all orchard trees and gatherable boxes, baskets and resource piles

Abandoned

oh my gosh, these are fantastic  :) Wonderfully useful, thank you for making these.

kid1293

A brilliant solution to the picking-meshes! I never thought of that!
Nice mod! :) :) :)

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: kid1293 on May 12, 2019, 08:34:17 AM
A brilliant solution to the picking-meshes! I never thought of that!
Nice mod! :) :) :)

Aww golly, thank you! I went with a "good enough" outline for 'em because otherwise it would have been ridiculously time consuming to try to make my own perfectly shaped meshes for each one XD

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on May 12, 2019, 07:23:34 AM
oh my gosh, these are fantastic  :) Wonderfully useful, thank you for making these.

So glad (and relieved!) that you like them! Thank you =D

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie ;D Thank you very much for all the new homes and for the Natural Decorations - great mods that make a lot of joy and fun in the game. Cheers

Jinxiewinxie

@taniu Thank you for the kind words! =D Its nice to think I'm contributing to some joyful activities =)

Abandoned

Any change you might be adding the fruit and nut trees and fruit and nut boxes to this?

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on May 14, 2019, 06:02:44 AM
Any change you might be adding the fruit and nut trees and fruit and nut boxes to this?

I believe that's doable! I'll start working on adding those =)

Abandoned

Thanks, your deco mods are going to be so useful.

Jinxiewinxie

@Abandoned   I've got all orchard trees, gathered boxes (all orchard trees' production and then also fish!) and gathered baskets (onions, herbs, blueberries, roots):

The trees automatically change with the seasons, so if you place them down in winter they'll be pretty sparse:

Spring and Summer looks all kinds of pretty:

and then fall is just lovely:

Anything else that might be useful before I package this up? Stockpile items maybe? The ale barrel? The gathered crop baskets?

Abandoned

Thanks you so much @Jinxiewinxie , these are fantastic and done so quickly.  That will do it for me but maybe others would like the other items you mention.  I liked vanilla right from the beginning  :D Nice that we can now have items as deco.

Jinxiewinxie

@Abandoned  I went ahead and added the stock pile things as well because I wanted them for myself XD

I've updated the download file with the new package for v1.1 =) Happy deco-ing!

Abandoned

brads3

do you have to pick the fruit of each tree manually or will the gatherer collect from multiple trees?