News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Humble Request - Cattle + Iron

Started by Maldrick, November 22, 2017, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

NOW that is fixed and got something that fix your Cow problem and i fixed my RedCreamery: Cows mod.....

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 08:44:36 PM
Oh, yes...

Ore - Yes, it would be very helpful to have a mod that makes gathered iron be ore instead.  I wasn't thinking about mines, because I don't usually mine, but that would make sense too.  Would be very helpful if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Building -  I always love new buildings to play with but PLEASE don't go to any trouble with this.  A year ago we had no standalone smelter options, but recently there have been several new ones.  Discrepancy did his big one, EB included one in his unified MOD it seems, and I see kid and necora made new ones in the time I was away, both of which I'm very excited to try out.  And your Old Blacksmith, of course.

Plus, I see you are working on a big project right now.  Looking forward to seeing it when you are done. It sounds major.

My Old Blacksmith Mod do exactly what you want : turn iron on the ground as Iron Ore, but i need to fix something. i lowered the amount of iron it takes to build it but there is something wrong with HARD mode or Adam&Eve mode : it takes 14 iron to build it but you start with 0 iron !!!!!

so i am gonna go back and change the requirement of 14 iron to 30 Iron Ore. That way, in hard mod, we will able to build it.
i am gonna change the mine too so it gives Iron Ore OR Coal instead of Iron OR Coal

BRB
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
BRB

Done !
Old Blacksmith v1.1 for 1.0.7
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1509.msg42000#new

BUGFIXES: I've got to change the requirement to build the OldBlacksmith, and the requirement to build Vanilla Blacksmith to 30 Iron Ore instead of 32 Iron. That way it is now possible to build those in the Hard and Adam&Eve Modes. I also changed the vanilla IronMine : it will now produce Iron Ore OR Coal instead of Iron.

if i lately nothiced that and remember that was a problem.... it is because i noticed it when i ve got to test my future mod ^^ so i remember i had to fix that

Maldrick

NOW that is fixed and got something that fix your Cow problem and i fixed my RedCreamery: Cows mod.....

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 08:44:36 PM
Oh, yes...

Ore - Yes, it would be very helpful to have a mod that makes gathered iron be ore instead.  I wasn't thinking about mines, because I don't usually mine, but that would make sense too.  Would be very helpful if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Building -  I always love new buildings to play with but PLEASE don't go to any trouble with this.  A year ago we had no standalone smelter options, but recently there have been several new ones.  Discrepancy did his big one, EB included one in his unified MOD it seems, and I see kid and necora made new ones in the time I was away, both of which I'm very excited to try out.  And your Old Blacksmith, of course.

Plus, I see you are working on a big project right now.  Looking forward to seeing it when you are done. It sounds major.

My Old Blacksmith Mod do exactly what you want : turn iron on the ground as Iron Ore, but i need to fix something. i lowered the amount of iron it takes to build it but there is something wrong with HARD mode or Adam&Eve mode : it takes 14 iron to build it but you start with 0 iron !!!!!

so i am gonna go back and change the requirement of 14 iron to 30 Iron Ore. That way, in hard mod, we will able to build it.
i am gonna change the mine too so it gives Iron Ore OR Coal instead of Iron OR Coal

BRB

That's perfect!  Was thinking just an override type thing, but having it as part of a single building works perfectly.  The only mods I know of that does it, otherwise, are CC and EB's Unified mod, both of which are pretty big and wouldn't always be using them.  But a single building like your Old Blacksmith would work great.  And it would lend itself to the mod, too, since it has that functionality.

Thank you very much, Red.  Much appreciated.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 10:38:52 PM
BRB

Done !
Old Blacksmith v1.1 for 1.0.7
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1509.msg42000#new

BUGFIXES: I've got to change the requirement to build the OldBlacksmith, and the requirement to build Vanilla Blacksmith to 30 Iron Ore instead of 32 Iron. That way it is now possible to build those in the Hard and Adam&Eve Modes. I also changed the vanilla IronMine : it will now produce Iron Ore OR Coal instead of Iron.

if i lately nothiced that and remember that was a problem.... it is because i noticed it when i ve got to test my future mod ^^ so i remember i had to fix that

Awesome...I'll try it out right now :)

Edit:  I'm very curious about this project you are on right now.  Sounded really cool from the thread.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

you are very welcomed :)

hehe glad, i was in the mood to finally make the fixes lol

about my new project ... it will be awesome and feel like a totally new Expansion Pack ^^ although i cannot change the game mechanics :S

Maldrick

Tested the revised Old Blacksmith.

The building requirement of 30 Iron Ore is there and the vanilla mine is making Coal and Iron Ore.

But the ground Iron is still Iron, not ore.  And the pulldown menu on the mine still says Iron....Not sure if that last part matters, though.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 10:57:48 PM
But the ground Iron is still Iron, not ore.  And the pulldown menu on the mine still says Iron....Not sure if that last part matters, though.

wait what ???

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

wait what ???

I tell no lies :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 11:11:04 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

wait what ???

I tell no lies :P

haha you are so right !!!!

it is because that mod never took care to change the iron on the ground into the new iron ore !! the iron ore was coming from many other mods ^^

Replacing OldBlacksmith with a new version that will taking care of it.

DONE!
redownload please!

Maldrick

I'll check it out now.

Also, was poking around and somehow I missed this from Necora's mod:

"Iron Ore - Introduces iron ore to be collected from the map that needs to be smelted into iron"

I'm, apparently, an idiot.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 11:26:59 PM
I'll check it out now.

Also, was poking around and somehow I missed this from Necora's mod:

"Iron Ore - Introduces iron ore to be collected from the map that needs to be smelted into iron"

I'm, apparently, an idiot.

anyways .... it is done now :)
it will taking care of it no matter what if someone use it as stand alone without any other mods :)

thanks you for all your testing and reports

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 11:34:10 PM
anyways .... it is done now :)
it will taking care of it no matter what if someone use it as stand alone without any other mods :)

thanks you for all your testing and reports

It works great!  Will work perfectly with that mod.  It's a standard of mine.  Still love the house on top, too.

A pleasure, of course.  Thank you so much for looking into these things.

I'm still getting this set together....Thinking it will take rest of the day tomorrow before holiday with the family and part of Friday to finish up and run some tests.  Then I'm going to sink in over the weekend.  Hopefully have some screens to post then.

Thanks again!