News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pandu - Try for 10.000 Population (failed cause of crashes)

Started by Trizeropz, November 15, 2015, 11:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

That's exactly how this bug works. That's the tricky thing. The trading ports at the narrow area works fine, but on a lake far away it has an influence. I don't know if it influences the canals, so I can't say if it is that bug in your case. Everything looks fine so it's the only thing I can think about, that might be wrong. I would look at all my TP carefully and see if you can find any, that are built in such a way, demolish them and see what happens.

Trizeropz

So what if I just start a canal right where the river starts, before any of the tps placed? It should work fine, shouldnt it?

paralias

you can raise the terrain in the middle of the lake and build more trade post.if you are going to build @RedKetchup canals to connect the river with a lake build the @RedKetchup trade post. when i was buiding a town for high population i order  all food priced 1 and i saw that vanilla or cc traders was bringing 30000 maximum but @RedKetchup  traders was bringing 40000. another thing that will be useful buy all food the traders bring (cost 1) and if you reach the food limit stored it at trading posts you can use the
http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions/1339-ridiculous-storage
works with @RedKetchup barns

Trizeropz

Trizeropz

So, finally i startet after some testing with the canal system. Had big trouble with it. Thanks to @RedKetchup for helping me.
I will only use these 5 mods:

#NMT 1.1b
#Flatlands
#Workers
#Fastroads
#Intensified Fishing

Town Name: Pandu
Seed: 10979654
Terrain Type: Flatlands
Terrain Size: Large
Climate: Mild
Disasters: Off
Starting Conditions: Hard

Trizeropz

Trizeropz

Slow start. They dont want babies :/ Health and happieness is alright. To much food. Built the 3rd normal storage barn. The little storage barns from nmt are very nice to use. have it for the gatherer and one for the fishermen. A normal barn wouldnt be worth it but the small one from nmt saves some ressources. placed down some temporary tps to get cattle and beans. had luck with them, one of the first trader brought them. my plan is now to build the town to east of the map and start the canal system for the permanent tps. this will take its time..

Nilla

Nice to hear that you solved the problems. I´m excited to see how it goes on.

Trizeropz

started the canal at the start of the river. Needed to expand to the east. Took me way too long. Bannies dont want to move from their birthplace^^

Also I expanded to north with some markets, some houses and 1-2 crops. The first permanent tps will be placed in north of the map as soon as the canal is built till there

Trizeropz

I had the idea to split the map in 12 parts. Lets call them districts. The districts are isolated by the canals which surround them. So there is no connection between them anymore, no piece of land where they can walk over neither a bridge.. This will help to get diseases under control. If one district is infected, it will not affect the other districts in any way. Same with food or tool crisis and more... But the most important im gonna do that is because of the bad job assignment in high pop games. If i split the map no worker can have a house in one edge of the map and has its workplace in the other edge. Hope this works as its planned:)

So, lets go!

Trizeropz

paralias

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

ahhh just two zeros? peanuts! Wait, is that only a german adage/proverb?

Picture 1: First trader passing the canal. Im testing every building from nmt. Till now i have milky cows with a creamery, archeology center and ruins which you can see on the pic

Picture 2: The first 3 permanent TPs. Needed to flatten the small river. Weird texture now. Later you will not see the small river. Only on the minimap. btw look at the names of the new childs;)

Picture 3: Economy works fine, except stone.. Too much fish, health is sinking. Built some new gatherer. Currently the woodcutters are overkill but later with some more population i will need that much

ps: the bridge is only temporary. The people wants to idle on the other side of the river so the walked around all the way. I dont know how the idling time behaves. But i think if they are faster at the location they want to idle, that they go earlier back to work. As soon as the canal reaches till the mountains in the west, the bridge will be demolished

irrelevant

Go Triz! Looking good. I would leave the bridge though. Who cares where they idle, but if they want to go over there, better they have a bridge than that they take the long way around.