Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: end year review

Started by brads3, December 31, 2019, 08:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

end 2019 HAPPY NEW YEAR

8 maps,

i did a  map on how to organize and add mods to the RKEC. did it slowly in phases to show how to prevent issues with the mod order.2 maps were to finish parts of the old "TOWNS" map.all the churches in 1 and the zoo animals from CC in another.BELDINFORD castle with a full moat. several maps were tests with the DS industry mod and RKEC. with RED's PHARAOH mod,KID's mexican mod, and ANGAINOR's south african mods,we made it as far west as Texas and the Mexican border. the railroad map is ongoing.

KID keeps putting mods out that keeps the lights on.RED did some upgrades and tweaks to the RKEC and then started the ROP mod.he has taken a much deserved break. hopeully he doesn't turn into Rip Van Winkle and forget to wake back up. DS threw us a challenging industry mod. others have come and gone. others continue working.

NILLA got me started doing these blogs. it is a handy way to debate ideas and also to show off the talent of the modders.it is a good way to show how different mods can be used toether.i have tried to use it to teach other players as well. now and then someone says something,so i know you all havent fell alseep.

not everything i try works. EB congratulated me on having the mod order stable and functioning a while back. i can still break it. with the limits of this computer's memory,i do have to move mods in and out depending on what i plan to build. this has become groups of mods, due to how they interact since the 1.07 upgrades.

lately, i start maps with a goal. then after the 1st 10 years,set a goal for each decade.may not always accomplish them, but it does seem to help speed up the progress. players have asked for the mod orders, so i do want to post them at the beginning of maps. be advised they might not always work. with me changing the mod order from map to map, it does make sence to post a list.

>>>>any other improvements you would like to see please ask.

planned for 2020 ?

not sure. i need to finish the railroad which has a couple of different concepts being tested.the inland traders and options are fun. the DS and TOM's happiness systems are an ongoing study. at the end of this map, i do want to look at how these bannies should act. i am grateful for KID's education patch mod. with that the DS IND is playable and functions well. the bannies are content and we can build the nice DS factory buildings without any work strikes.       

the LANDING FORT was so long ago and there has been a lot of mod and game improvments since then. i have considered the idea of starting the series over. i added it to a list of ideas for now. if anyone has an idea of what they would like to see, let me know.

kid1293

Happy New Year to you too, @brads3 !

About your questions above - 'Same procedure as last year!' :) :)