News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Recipes!

Started by jerica, November 19, 2020, 12:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerica

The more mods I use, the more I've discovered that one of my favorite things is new and interesting foods for my bannies to eat. All the bakeries, kitchens, food stalls - I love them all! What are your favorite food mods?

Abandoned

My favorite food mod, especially for real life fall and winter or for maps with winter climates, is Kid Market Foods.  Ingredients needed are readily available especially when used with Kid Farmyards.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=206

Nilla

I'm generally not the food diversity type of person, I prefer to keep the inventory list as short as possible but sometimes in some games I do make a lot of different processed food. I would NOT say, it's my favourite food but I got a good laugh when I found one salter making Surströmming. If I remember it right it's CC. For you who don't know what that is, I'll tell that it's a special kind of rotten fish with a terrible smell. I'm from the southern part of Sweden and we generally not appreciate this Nothern Scandinavian speciality.

banishedsanni

In normal games i avoid all kind of lifestock. It takes too much space, looks ugly and produces byproducts i dont wanna have to care about.

So to provide some kind of meat to my bannies i prefer fish and therefor to increase the output i use fish smoker. The smaller and easier to integrate into sorrounding decorations the better. @kid1293 offers a few nice little fish smoker ovens.

My second favorite is the breakfast kitchen (too by @kid1293 ) which makes some cute breakfast out of coffe, oat and berries (and other recipes). I like that grain is used different here, not only for bread. The building could look a little less like a fabric and more like a restaurant but whith ghosted deco u can make the crates disappear and turn it into something more cute.

I too love all the new recipes for baking. Since i use megamod im not sure which mod does that. It offers cake, different types of bread, donuts, muffins etc.

Oh and i like all these jam making buildings.

And .. uhhh! ... nut roaster!

Or from the christmas mod that little market station for baked chestnuts, apples n potatoes.

Or the spaghetteria from jinxie.

The meat pies from the hobbit mod!

Oh yes the market foods. On. Every. Map!

Could go on like this forever! I wish i could mod. I would make so many new recipes for so many forgotten ingrediens! For example there is no salad mod... salad, tomatoes, cucumber (+ chicken? +Fish? +Joghurt dressing?)
Or sweet n salty nuts. With honey and/or salt.

Or or or or or or....! Need to stop now!

Goblin Girl

I think my favorite is RK's garlic bread (flour + herbs), because IRL I love garlic bread, but also because it's a great way to use up all the herbs that end up clogging up my barns.

brads3

i like CC's old dairy building because it gives out a variety. input milk get butter,cheese,and cream, all at the same time. you don't have to choose which you want.

for alcohol ,i have an older version of KID's RH mod that gives cider and the Pilgrim Rest that gives root beer.