News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

HIP - House In Progress

Started by kid1293, November 19, 2017, 01:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi! You know now what to expect. Yet another house!

Well, it is not a residential house. It is some sort of shop.
But I wonder what sort of shop it is?  ;)

Give me suggestions!
I add a few houses, a storage and maybe I can do something from it.

galensgranny

More stuff on the way, yay!!

That building could be general store.  I like store buildings better than open air markets areas.

kid1293

You don't know what alternate texture I have!  :o

:)

A General Store? Same flags as market, I think. Why not?
First it looked like an apothecary but I have just made herbalist.
We will see if there any more suggestions.

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Goblin Girl

That looks to me like a place that sells gingerbread.  Which I would make out of flour+ginger+honey.

adelegarland

I love this design, the colors and textures are really nice!   I think it looks like a small tavern on a lonely country road.    Somewhere in the English countryside..  a couple of out buildings around it and you have a cute little village. 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

OldnRetired

How about calling it a Clothier .
Makes farm clothing - Mens Coveralls and Shirts and Boots.
Also ladies dresses, ladies Hats and ladies shoes.
One side of the building is the shop and the other side is the residence.

If you can't make a two-function building, then add a seperate but attachable residence.
The residence "attaches" right next to the "business" forming a row-house type of multi-building with all the same exterior texture but maybe twice as deep for a big family.  The indented entry space could be a patio.

galensgranny

Quote from: Goblin Girl on November 19, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
That looks to me like a place that sells gingerbread.  Which I would make out of flour+ginger+honey.

Goblin Girl, in case you are eager for gingerbread and you did not know, Kid made a gingerbread maker.  It is post number 43  in the Christmas Decoration Mod thread at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1347.msg26034#msg26034

What Kid is showing in this new thread here looks like a place that might sell gingerbread, but, one could make the gingerbread in Kid's already made gingerbread making mod, and that would then be sold in the small town general store that I imagine this new building to be.  :)

kid1293

Wow, and here I wondered if you were awake!

Thanks for input. I better start building a village. :)
All have nice ideas and I see there is a need for variation.
If you're patient with me there will be more.
This one can stay general store.

Butcher, might as well do a baker too.
No gingerbread, sorry. That is Christmas stuff. Will come in december.
Clothier. I want that but the traders already have a hard time.
Men's and lady's garment could go for some 'town attire' but I am limited
to what the game offers. I can not do anything about it. :(
I don't want to make more duplicates with new name.
Hmmm. Tavern. Makes me think. :) I maybe make another building as tavern.

Start of a new week. I will work on this when I have the time.
Once again thank you!

twilightbreeze

Put a tailor, blacksmith, and some kind of jam maker and baker, make it a real "General Store" instead of general store being just a storage option.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Kristahfer

Here are some ideas for buildings/shops . They don't need to be functional but can be used as a living space requiring additional building materials.Some sort of decoration or signage could be used to set them apart.   
    - Wig Maker (Hair Salon/Powder Maker)
    - Cobbler/Cordwainer (two versions - city/village and plantation)
    - Printer/Binder/News Stand
    - Post Office

kid1293

Wig Maker.  :D
I like that! It should be in Wild West where I have all those houses with signs.

galensgranny

I like the idea of having some (not all) of the houses seeming like a business, such as you did in the Wild West mod, Kid.  A post office is a good "disguise" for a house. 

A jam making building would be good too (that does made edible jam), if it is smaller than the one you made for the Gothic Farm mod- that thing is huge!  I would like one in proportion to the Granny Park houses, which happen to be the same  proportion as the smaller houses in the Gothic Fantasy mod and the small Stone House.  Or at least please make the new items somewhere between the proportions of the Granny Park homes and the larger sized mods you have made (such as the larger sized Wild West buildings) so it could fit in well with both building scales. There are mods of various proportions and some buildings from one size just do not go at all with sets made the opposite size.

(By the way, the Granny Park houses blend in nicely on the same "block" of homes with those houses from the happy/lighter version of the Gothic Fantasy and the small Stone House.  :)

A tavern would be nice too.  Like a local pub, to go along with the "corner grocery store" (as opposed to the giant whole city market).

Thanks so much for deciding to make us, your loyal fans, some more buildings!  ;D   This is so great!!  :D

Glenn

Why not make it a coffee grinding factory/store  -- it would be a natural addition to the coffee bean glass house in your B&B mod

kid1293

;D I will have to make a 'best of' mod like RK.

There are so many possible combination with my small mods I would have
to include them all. Not a prospect I am looking forward to.

I hear your wishes and if I only take it slow it will be fun to do this.
Have anyone considered a name for it? 'Town Houses' sounds so regular...