News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

HIP - House In Progress

Started by kid1293, November 19, 2017, 01:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Regarding a name, I am thinking of this as a  neighborhood area, shops and services for a small area of homes within the the larger city.  I am not sure what you envisioned.  With my thought, the name could be something with word "neighborhood"  There are many mods with "town" and "village" in the name, so "neighborhood" is good word to use. That also conveys it does not have large production chains or giant storage enough for the whole map or a humongous market.

kid1293

'Neighborhood' needs a distinction like 'old' or 'new'.
It could be 'happy' too :) I'll sleep on it.

galensgranny

'Peaceful", "quaint", "pleasant", "friendly" 

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on November 19, 2017, 08:18:14 PM
;D I will have to make a 'best of' mod like RK.

hehe you would also like me have alot of work to do ^^ you are so ... prolific ?? not sure how to write that word
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Definitely 'friendly'. I like the sound of it.

In this Friendly Neighborhood I will take some shortcuts. Re-use models and so on.
I will start writing code for it so that I have a solid base when I want to test.
Then Blacksmith and Tailor. With some accessories on the outside.
Later Baker and Butcher. Same here, I put some things to define them.
A Tavern is also very much needed to make it friendly. :)
I do not want to spam the game with new things. It will be standard production menus.

I just can't stop thinking about your reaction to second texture.  :o  ;D  ::)

kid1293

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 19, 2017, 09:40:10 PM
hehe you would also like me have alot of work to do ^^ you are so ... prolific ?? not sure how to write that word

@RedKetchup - I think the right word is obsessed!  ;D ;D ;D

This is as much real to me as my Real Life.
I sometime complain about it, taking so much time, but I don't want to be without it!

I will not make a 'best of' mod. At least not yet. I change my modlist all the time and
I update old mods, create new...    It would be the work of my life-time to keep such a big mod running.

kid1293

I think it is good to test.

Friendly Neighborhood - I like that name. :)
To begin with - 2 house, one small storage and a shop (market)

Now you may wonder why I am smiling.
There is texture variant for all on f-key.
You have to see it yourself!

brads3

though i am late,can i make a suggestion? turn off the misc storage option to the market. this will prevent them from storing RED's fertilizer and fodder.i think perfumes is sent to trading posts so this shouldn't cause  anyone trouble. i wonder if we should use a different flag for water also since it doesn't have any nutritional value.not that we should fix it in mods already made.

kid1293

@brads3 - You mean the so called 'trade' flag (Custom 7) ?

OK, I will delete it. No fertilizer in store. :)

Abandoned

No, don't store fertilizer with food. Yuk  :D

galensgranny

Kid, such a joyous day that you let us download part of your project!   :) :D ;D   I totally LOVE that shade of blue on the second f key variable!!  There are so many shades of blue but you found a beautiful shade!   :-* Gorgeous!  It goes perfectly with the Granny Park roof tiles, the pinkish tones of the Stone buildings, and it also goes nicely with brown shades of your other buildings.  Some shades of blue I don't think look so good with brown, but your shade does!

Quote from: kid1293 on November 20, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
In this Friendly Neighborhood I will take some shortcuts. Re-use models and so on.
I will start writing code for it so that I have a solid base when I want to test.

I do not want to spam the game with new things. It will be standard production menus. ...

For sure reuse models of previous mods you made.  I, and likely others, want various wall and roof colors for buildings already in existence.  I don't want a collection of a great many small number of buildings all completely different architecturally so that they look too different to be in the same neighborhood, and then one only gets maybe 2 or 3 different wall and roofs.  Then the whole neighborhood is too much the same when you get up to 20 or more houses in the same town area.

Yes, have a few different styles of architecture, but then within those, more wall and roof texture options.  So, please, reuse away with basic building shapes you already made.

kid1293

I try to give as much I can to make buildings match.
It is sometimes boring to do the same again and again so
some variation will sneak in.

As example - I am not happy with tailor and smith.
Too much the same as many other buildings. I ran out of ideas.
If I can find the time I will change them. Or maybe keep them
as 'small' and add proper larger buildings for smith and tailor.

Abandoned

kid1293

The color fits many of my houses.
Only, it is a bit oversaturated. I like it that way.

Here is next installment. :)

A baker.

galensgranny

I think it would be good if the tailor and smith had a roof over their work area, so they can continue working even if it rains or snows.

I like the baker building.  :) Though, it seems it would be better if the door was under the roof overhang.  That way, in a deep snowfall, it is easy to open the door instead of having to crawl out the window.