News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Farmyard V1.21

Started by kid1293, February 11, 2020, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

The sizes are correct. The animals (in both) have a lot of polygons and they compress
very good with an archiver like RAR. But unpacked they are a LOT of numbers ;)

They may cause some lag if you have many farmyards. I haven't tested it.

brads3

i see. they look awesome. the pig pen with mud is super.that mud texture works well with them. the only mud we had was too dark. i won't be able to fit them in the map i started. but have to add them later.

Goblin Girl

@kid1293  I noticed that there's a problem with Farmyard 10.  If the firewood limit has been reached, the workers don't continue to produce turkey, etc.  They just idle.  That doesn't seem to be the case with the other farmyards that create firewood/clothing/etc.

Abandoned

@Goblin Girl  It is the same with all farmyards, hedgerows, and other production buildings. If one of the limits is reached, all production for that structure will stop until the limit is raised or product is used to lower quantity below the limit.  In all farmyard tests, the ones with firewood, clothes, and tools needed watching the most as those limits are most often reached.  There would be something wrong with the others if they don't stop working when a limit is reached.

Edit:  I did quick retest of farmyards with firewood, tools, and clothes and they all worked as they should, one limit reaches on farmyard and worked stopped on that farmyard, limit raised and worked resumed. 

CookieBarrel

@kid1293   Thanks for this big update! The pig pen is muddy fun and looks great in snow.
A big thanks for the chicken coops. :D

Of course, you know me always the party spoiler. :-[
The Deco crops w/snow all but oats and wheat cause shadow flickering.
The Deco crops vanish; only the pumpkin causes shadow flickering.

kid1293

Hi @CookieBarrel
I didn't notice any particular flickering. I tested again today and they were fine here.
I have NVIDIA GTX 770. An old graphics card but no, they seem okay.

CookieBarrel

That's good going back a trying to find what faces to flip would be a pain!
I'll try re-downdloading. Thanks @kid1293   :)

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Abandoned on September 07, 2020, 08:21:33 PM
Edit:  I did quick retest of farmyards with firewood, tools, and clothes and they all worked as they should, one limit reaches on farmyard and worked stopped on that farmyard, limit raised and worked resumed.
That's so weird. I wonder why it looked like the others were working.  I'll check again.  It does mean that those mixed flag farms don't play well with a high yield building like the wind sawmill.  Maybe later on in the game, when it's reasonable to have a firewood limit in the upper thousands.  But between the first year or two, and that point, I guess I'll stick to food-only farms.

Abandoned

@Goblin Girl - I find that it is those first years that the farmyards with firewood work the best - no need for a wood cutter at all, especially if you also use New Flora that spawn branches in the wild to collect for firewood.  Also these farmyards work well when population and work force are small - a few workers and farmyard produce a nice variety of goods.  They are not intended to replace farm fields or pastures or support large populations, only to supplement. 

taniu

@kid1293 ;D ;D ;DMany thanks for the great mods, I can see you add a few elements to your pampering mods to make them work perfectly in the game, I really like mods like that, they make the game easier for us - 18! small farms and all the little additions on the farm added to feeding our exiles. You thought turkeys, cool thing - if he had added a separate little mod like a small kitchen or butchers with different roof textures it would be fantastic - just please, please. I dream of a roasted turkey? :-[ :-\ In your mods where you put butchers - no roasted poultry, no these items - roasted crocodile, rabbit, chicken, roasted frog legs - but that's my dream - it's up to you? Cheers

kid1293

;D Thanks @taniu
I can only say - maybe things will come later. :)
I am glad you still have an appetite for new things :)

taniu

@ kid1293 ;D ;)Thank you for your quick reply, I am your fan, I can only admire your hard work and persistence
    what mods did you put on. I keep my fingers crossed for you, because unas, we used to sing a song ... not many of us, not many of us to bake bread. Greetings to all other modders, testers and storytellers. You know my weak point I like to provide food to my people because when I was playing before I got the experience all the villages were starving. On a farm producing -: turkeys, I noticed that as soon as a turkey appears, it quickly disappears from the field, I think my exiles like to eat turkeys - if they were baked, he would be really very happy. I will be patiently waiting for this mods because we only have you @kid 1293 and @ angainor88

OpalSkies

Thank You!!!  :-* :-* :-*

These are amazing.  I started a new game with these yesterday along with a whole lot more new mods including your breakfast nook and Medieval mods, and I am absolutely loving it :)

kid1293

:) You're welcome.
Nice market area in the second picture.

kid1293

I have uploaded a new version that fixes some graphical errors.
If you experience a slowdown, dark screen, and flickering - download again.